Author Topic: Independence MO things  (Read 646 times)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Independence MO things
« on: May 12, 2023, 10:21:45 AM »
Hello everyone. I move in to my new place Monday which I am very excited about.  :emawkid:

Some pros about the new area
I am two minutes from my Costco and whataburger. My bank and a Target is across the street from where I will live. I also have a price chopper and hyvee very close.

Also a sweet little bike/walking trail that I can take along the Blue River for a Saturday stroll.

Some pros about the new crib.
Only Pay Water Electric and Internet which is AT&T Fiber which isn't Google Fiber but is gonna be way better than Spectrum which is what I have now :Yuck:
Will have a garage/driveway and an unfinished basement. Which I am excited about. Moving from a 1 bed 1 bath to this palace is gonna be great.

Some Cons: Don't really have any yet.

I know the area a little bit but will know it far better in the coming months.

So yeah put your stuff here about all thangs Independence, MO

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 10:24:57 AM by GregKSU1027 »
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Independence MO things
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 10:56:08 AM »
Harry Truman!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 11:32:17 AM »
i think the trail you referenced is little blue trace trail, and it's a gem for walking/cycling. i believe it will be connected to the rock island trail (that runs from arrowhead to lee's summit) within the next few months

downtown independence is pretty neat!

also i've been to the drive in movie theater in sugar creek not that long ago, would do again.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 12:16:53 PM »
Harry Truman!
Yeah Harry Truman is from Independence has a nice little library/museum I haven't been to yet. It's on the list!
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 04:01:04 PM »
Sup nerds, I got the keys. Need to find a washer and dryer now. Any recs for your friend here. If there is an appliance buying thread I apologize.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2023, 04:26:44 PM »
Sup nerds, I got the keys. Need to find a washer and dryer now. Any recs for your friend here. If there is an appliance buying thread I apologize.

The true rite of passage of living in independence is shopping at Cargo Largo. Once you have done that , report back.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2023, 01:19:46 PM »

The true rite of passage of living in independence is shopping at Cargo Largo. Once you have done that , report back.
I have been to Cargo Largo. It is truly one of the wildest retail spaces/ideas ever.