Author Topic: clarence thomas (and somehow diane feinstein) thread  (Read 7003 times)

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: clarence thomas
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2023, 07:44:12 PM »
kk, you are a fervent supporter of a class of politicians that have espoused some of the dumbest crap anyone has ever heard.  you have a lot of gall to come in here and question the mental ability of an accomplished lawmaker such as senator feinstein and truthfully, you look like an a-hole.
Heh

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2023, 07:44:43 PM »
"Four U.S. senators, including three Democrats, as well as three former Feinstein staffers and the California Democratic member of Congress told The Chronicle in recent interviews that her memory is rapidly deteriorating. They said it appears she can no longer fulfill her job duties without her staff doing much of the work required to represent the nearly 40 million people of California."

like i said, the attacks are all anon and refutations are all on the record.
Ok then.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2023, 07:44:50 PM »
What the heck is going on here?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2023, 07:46:40 PM »
If nothing else KK must be pleased that sys read down all the way to the end of the original post
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2023, 07:48:43 PM »
Maybe you missed it, I'll ask again. Are you contending that Feinstein is serving her constituency by what you claimed as missing votes because they aren't as consequential?

i think what i've posted is reasonably clearly written and should be comprehensible to most readers without additional clarification.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2023, 07:57:25 PM »
The DiFi supporters are 1000% cringe and 2000% derp.

What an indictment against the intellectual capacity of the K-State grad. 

Goodness gracious

Spracs usual inability to follow along and comprehend noted and accepted. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2023, 07:58:55 PM »
Maybe you missed it, I'll ask again. Are you contending that Feinstein is serving her constituency by what you claimed as missing votes because they aren't as consequential?

i think what i've posted is reasonably clearly written and should be comprehensible to most readers without additional clarification.

So yes, that's what you think.

https://buffalonews.com/news/national/govt-and-politics/why-sen-feinsteins-absence-is-a-big-problem-for-democrats/article_b49f9cee-f203-5f96-8ab9-dce09d5bf6ea.html
The statement came shortly after a member of California's House delegation, Democratic Rep. Ro Khanna, called on her to step down, saying it is "unacceptable" for her to miss votes to confirm judges who could be weighing in on abortion rights, a key Democratic priority.
Since February, Feinstein has missed more than 50 votes. Her absence on the Judiciary Committee means that Democrats can only confirm judges who have some Republican support because Democrats only have a one-seat majority on the panel.
Final quote, from known progressive Dick Durbin
The committee chairman, Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., has acknowledged that the pace of confirmations has slowed.

"I can't consider nominees in these circumstances because a tie vote is a losing vote in committee," Durbin told CNN.

There are currently 12 federal judge nominees whom Democrats say they have been unable to advance because of Feinstein's absence. It is not clear how many would have Republican support.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2023, 08:03:57 PM »
What the heck is going on here?

A weird and unnecessarily angry deflection from Uncle Clarence using the supreme court bench to get financial favors from political influencers.
Republicans now have lobbyists in all three branches of the federal government. And for some reason we're discussing apparently the one old person in politics who should be exempt from people discussing whether or not she's fit to do her job.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
clarence thomas
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2023, 08:24:25 PM »
Posted by a supporter of a movement that is the new kings of dark money and now featuring multiple foreign born major (as in hundreds of millions of dollars) donors.

Wherever you go there’s always tens of millions of foreign based dollars flowing into #blueanon favorites.

Not to mention the Biden Admin is literally the home of Obama Admin Kstreeters

FFS, just a giant hyper partisan derp

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2023, 08:25:02 PM »

So yes, that's what you think.

https://buffalonews.com/news/national/govt-and-politics/why-sen-feinsteins-absence-is-a-big-problem-for-democrats/article_b49f9cee-f203-5f96-8ab9-dce09d5bf6ea.html
The statement came shortly after a member of California's House delegation, Democratic Rep. Ro Khanna, called on her to step down, saying it is "unacceptable" for her to miss votes to confirm judges who could be weighing in on abortion rights, a key Democratic priority.
Since February, Feinstein has missed more than 50 votes. Her absence on the Judiciary Committee means that Democrats can only confirm judges who have some Republican support because Democrats only have a one-seat majority on the panel.
The committee chairman, Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., has acknowledged that the pace of confirmations has slowed.

"I can't consider nominees in these circumstances because a tie vote is a losing vote in committee," Durbin told CNN.

There are currently 12 federal judge nominees whom Democrats say they have been unable to advance because of Feinstein's absence. It is not clear how many would have Republican support.

Yeah. She's 89, already announced her retirement, and is actively preventing judges from being appointed to the federal judiciary. Trump proved to laymen how pivotal that is. Do the right thing, Ms. Feinstein.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2023, 08:28:24 PM »

1.  ro khanna can call missing votes unacceptable if he likes, but there hasn't been a judge that hasn't been confirmed because feinstein didn't vote this year and there aren't likely to be in the near future, because:  1) dems have a two vote advantage in the senate, plus the vp, 2) most judges are confirmed with bipartisan support, and 3) feinstein isn't the only senator to miss many of these votes.

2.  there are 19 judges already advanced out of committee, which is enough of a backlog that they won't be done getting them confirmed for at least a couple of months, so the idea that her absence is slowing the pace of confirmations is simply false.

3.  durbin's crying to the contrary, the judiciary committee has another 13 or 14 judges on the docket to move through and at least 9 or 10 of them are expected to have bipartisan support, so you can add another month to how long feinstein would have to miss before approvals might slow down due to her attendance.

if she's still unable to vote from the floor by july we can revisit the discussion.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2023, 08:30:28 PM »
Yeah. She's 89, already announced her retirement, and is actively preventing judges from being appointed to the federal judiciary.

consider not commenting on matters of which you do not have accurate information.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2023, 08:31:59 PM »
Yeah. She's 89, already announced her retirement, and is actively preventing judges from being appointed to the federal judiciary.

consider not commenting on matters of which you do not have accurate information.

Sorry, mr. Feinstein gatekeeper guy. Do you know how many vacancies there are on the federal bench? Do you have a sense of the urgency there is to fill them, and how long it takes? I'll avoid name calling, as I am a gentleman (and a scholar).

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2023, 08:32:17 PM »
Like, sys, you are weirdly emotional about this.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2023, 08:41:41 PM »
Do you know how many vacancies there are on the federal bench? Do you have a sense of the urgency there is to fill them, and how long it takes?

i just posted the information that the rate of judicial appointments (extremely fast compared to past senates) hasn't slowed during feinstein's absence and wouldn't for at least another 2-3 months.  the people pushing that angle are, quite frankly, lying.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2023, 08:42:06 PM »

yes, it really pisses me off.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2023, 08:42:09 PM »
This is NOT a very good Clearance Thomas thread anymore.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2023, 08:49:52 PM »
Welp when a hardcore #blueanon lunatic fails to recognize the special interests that control his party that tends to happen.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2023, 08:49:59 PM »
I haven’t seen one man whip so many consecutive assess in a row since Beems still posted here
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2023, 09:55:19 PM »

yes, it really pisses me off.

There's been ongoing commentary, for years, on this board about the the ages of Trump, Biden, Mitch, Pelosi, Schumer, and Grassley. There's been multiple instances of people asking for age limits and you've never said jack crap about any of it. It's tough to take this ragey mcrageface act seriously. You're being extremely inconsistent, at best.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2023, 10:02:15 PM »
There's been ongoing commentary, for years, on this board about the the ages of Trump, Biden, Mitch, Pelosi, Schumer, and Grassley. There's been multiple instances of people asking for age limits and you've never said jack crap about any of it. It's tough to take this ragey mcrageface act seriously. You're being extremely inconsistent, at best.

it's fine to say that such or such is too old.  asking them to resign for being old is another story.  california voters knew how old she was when they elected her.

and saying someone is old and saying they have dementia is not the same thing.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2023, 10:26:42 PM »
fair enough

Not that it's relevant to the conversation but I'm curious. Did you vote for her?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2023, 11:41:11 PM »
Did you vote for her?

i've voted for her in 1992, 2012 and 2018.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2023, 11:43:52 PM »
but there hasn't been a judge that hasn't been confirmed because feinstein didn't vote this year and there aren't likely to be in the near future, because: 

I just really liked this clause. Carry on, folks.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2023, 04:47:57 AM »