Author Topic: clarence thomas (and somehow diane feinstein) thread  (Read 7007 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: clarence thomas
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2023, 01:22:59 PM »
Feinstein needs to step down immediately.

eff off, you ignorant hack.

Well, that's one way to structure an argument.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2023, 01:24:25 PM »
Did not see this one coming
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2023, 01:26:42 PM »
It was hard to hear this whining over the sounds of octogenarian Senator Feinstein being spoon fed and coaxed out of one of her spells of dementia.

What a great and healthy set of institutions!

the dishonest and self-serving attacks by some dems on senator feinstein anger me a great deal.  i would hope you'd be better than to repeat slander regarding her mental health to further whatever you interpret your partisan ends to be.  she's been a very good senator and was elected by the voters of california to represent them until 2024.  she owes herr loyalty to those voters, not to the screeching activists salivating to install their preferred alternative.

lol

I don't think Katie Porter is as great as some on the left do (and apparently she has some Klobuchar tendencies in her personal life) but Feinstein is clearly not able to fulfill her duties. It isn't me saying she isn't mentally fit, it has been repeatedly alleged by her own staff and others that have to try to coach her through her days as one of the two senators representing the biggest state in the nation. I know she is your kind of dem, but come on.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/12/dianne-feinstein-condition-senate-return-00091765

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2023, 01:38:38 PM »
thomas' wife is a qannon crazy person which should be far more than is needed to remove him from whatever it is he does

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2023, 01:48:51 PM »
It was hard to hear this whining over the sounds of octogenarian Senator Feinstein being spoon fed and coaxed out of one of her spells of dementia.

What a great and healthy set of institutions!

the dishonest and self-serving attacks by some dems on senator feinstein anger me a great deal.  i would hope you'd be better than to repeat slander regarding her mental health to further whatever you interpret your partisan ends to be.  she's been a very good senator and was elected by the voters of california to represent them until 2024.  she owes herr loyalty to those voters, not to the screeching activists salivating to install their preferred alternative.

hasn't she already missed like 60+ votes this session? That doesn't sound like she is providing much representation to anyone.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2023, 01:49:11 PM »
thomas' wife is a qannon crazy person which should be far more than is needed to remove him from whatever it is he does

and she's obese but that may not be enough...

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2023, 01:51:44 PM »
Feinstein is clearly not able to fulfill her duties. It isn't me saying she isn't mentally fit, it has been repeatedly alleged by her own staff

neither of those statements is true.  all the rumors about her mental health are anon sourced rumors and none of them come from her own staff (instead, her staff denies those rumors on the record).

over the time frame when people have pursued this whisper campaign she's given several public interviews and generally comes off as a fair bit more cogent than biden.

btw, not sure where you get porter's name from.  newsom would not appoint porter if feinstein resigned.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2023, 01:56:28 PM »
I have zero feinstein opinion but "comes off as a fair bit more cogent than biden" is a lmao'er of a phrase

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2023, 01:59:06 PM »
hasn't she already missed like 60+ votes this session? That doesn't sound like she is providing much representation to anyone.

she has shingles and has missed most of march due to that.  a disease that has nothing at all to do with mental health and is not directly related to age.  my understanding is that shingles is very painful, but not otherwise usually a serious condition.

none of the votes she missed was consequential and i expect that if her vote was needed she would be able to cast it.  obviously, if her case is more complicated and she is unable to ever return to the senate floor, that would be a different situation that might require her to take action.  but that is not the case or the expectation currently.

incidentally, i believe fetterman and mcconnell have missed more time due to health concerns than feinstein this session.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2023, 01:59:57 PM »
I have zero feinstein opinion but "comes off as a fair bit more cogent than biden" is a lmao'er of a phrase

look, they're all very old.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2023, 02:13:48 PM »
It's pretty crazy that elective representatives can miss 60+ days and it's no biggie.  At what point would she, or anyone, be deemed unable to fulfil their duties?  180days?  364days? 

I need to see a doctor's note just like any other employer would for any employee missing a crazy amount of time.   

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2023, 02:20:37 PM »
It's pretty crazy that elective representatives can miss 60+ days.

60 votes does not equal 60 days.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2023, 02:39:39 PM »

look, they're all very old.

that's true

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2023, 03:01:05 PM »
Only Clarence I wanna hear of is Clarence Carter

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2023, 03:01:25 PM »
Feinstein is clearly not able to fulfill her duties. It isn't me saying she isn't mentally fit, it has been repeatedly alleged by her own staff

neither of those statements is true.  all the rumors about her mental health are anon sourced rumors and none of them come from her own staff (instead, her staff denies those rumors on the record).

over the time frame when people have pursued this whisper campaign she's given several public interviews and generally comes off as a fair bit more cogent than biden.

btw, not sure where you get porter's name from.  newsom would not appoint porter if feinstein resigned.

She's running for Feinstein's seat.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2023, 03:05:10 PM »

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/dianne-feinstein-senate-17079487.php

"Four U.S. senators, including three Democrats, as well as three former Feinstein staffers and the California Democratic member of Congress told The Chronicle in recent interviews that her memory is rapidly deteriorating. They said it appears she can no longer fulfill her job duties without her staff doing much of the work required to represent the nearly 40 million people of California."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2023, 03:05:53 PM »
I don't know how long people can maintain this level of contradiction and cynicism. How long can you string along the average American saying things are fair and laws are worth following?

Easy when the average American couldn't be bothered to give a crap. I shrug because we can't even get white people to stop hunting women and children.
This is significantly more corrupt than Iran Contra but the country has changed.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2023, 03:07:08 PM »
I wouldn’t assume he is capable of shame.

I think he is very angry that anyone is questioning him and his motives.  His motives cannot be questioned because he is a Supreme Court justice and thus did nothing wrong.

To be fair, it appears he had this mindset before he became a supreme court justice.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2023, 03:08:49 PM »
I wouldn’t assume he is capable of shame.

I think he is very angry that anyone is questioning him and his motives.  His motives cannot be questioned because he is a Supreme Court justice and thus did nothing wrong.

To be fair, it appears he had this mindset before he became a supreme court justice.

I agree, but it has probably gotten worse and everyone else respects the office so the trick works a lot better.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2023, 03:09:07 PM »
Feinstein needs to step down immediately.

eff off, you ignorant hack.

Wow, dude is actually serious about this

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2023, 03:12:29 PM »

she has shingles and has missed most of march due to that.  a disease that has nothing at all to do with mental health and is not directly related to age.  my understanding is that shingles is very painful, but not otherwise usually a serious condition.

none of the votes she missed was consequential and i expect that if her vote was needed she would be able to cast it.  obviously, if her case is more complicated and she is unable to ever return to the senate floor, that would be a different situation that might require her to take action.  but that is not the case or the expectation currently.

incidentally, i believe fetterman and mcconnell have missed more time due to health concerns than feinstein this session.

You're arguing that she's serving her constituency so she's fine and you're making that argument by saying she's missed no votes of significance but could vote if she needed to. Am I getting that correct?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2023, 03:17:42 PM »
She's running for Feinstein's seat.

yeah and if feinstein resigned, then newsom would appoint a replacement, which would cut her campaign off at the knees.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2023, 03:23:12 PM »
"Four U.S. senators, including three Democrats, as well as three former Feinstein staffers and the California Democratic member of Congress told The Chronicle in recent interviews that her memory is rapidly deteriorating. They said it appears she can no longer fulfill her job duties without her staff doing much of the work required to represent the nearly 40 million people of California."

like i said, the attacks are all anon and refutations are all on the record.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2023, 03:51:52 PM »
kk, you are a fervent supporter of a class of politicians that have espoused some of the dumbest crap anyone has ever heard.  you have a lot of gall to come in here and question the mental ability of an accomplished lawmaker such as senator feinstein and truthfully, you look like an a-hole. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2023, 07:41:02 PM »

like i said, the attacks are all anon and refutations are all on the record.

Are those attacks or observations? You expect someone to go on record with the observation that her memory is slipping?

Maybe you missed it, I'll ask again. Are you contending that Feinstein is serving her constituency by what you claimed as missing votes because they aren't as consequential?