Author Topic: PORTAL KOMBAT  (Read 66163 times)

bananaeater, Christer and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: PORTAL KOMBAT
« Reply #425 on: May 22, 2023, 11:07:45 AM »
Are we still chasing Rayj Dennis?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 22, 2023, 12:06:18 PM »
Define unrealistic, I think another S16 or better is realistic, but the tourny is a fickle mistress

I’m starting to believe that more often than not a 4-5 seed will be a reasonable expectation until Tang retires.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 22, 2023, 12:41:01 PM »
Define unrealistic, I think another S16 or better is realistic, but the tourny is a fickle mistress

I’m starting to believe that more often than not a 4-5 seed will be a reasonable expectation until Tang retires.

That definitely seems fair. I just wanna keep the deep tourny runs going, and at some point get past the damn E8
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 23, 2023, 12:31:27 AM »
We have zero interest in Love.

Of note, Udeh hasn't committed to Duke after his visit, yet. Would be interesting if we somehow get him on campus along with the nations leading assist PG (Yuri Collins/SLU). Think we'd know what the offense would look like in that scenario.

Duke is going to be a no go for Udeh, as the school's admission's office said he can't qualify due to the low academic standing of the KU diploma mill classes he took. I suppose we can get him qualified with summer classes, so good news maybe.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 23, 2023, 04:50:34 AM »
We have zero interest in Love.

Of note, Udeh hasn't committed to Duke after his visit, yet. Would be interesting if we somehow get him on campus along with the nations leading assist PG (Yuri Collins/SLU). Think we'd know what the offense would look like in that scenario.

Duke is going to be a no go for Udeh, as the school's admission's office said he can't qualify due to the low academic standing of the KU diploma mill classes he took. I suppose we can get him qualified with summer classes, so good news maybe.

If he can't get into Duke, he's not getting into the Harvard of the plains.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 23, 2023, 07:40:50 AM »
I very much want that guy as a ksu cat.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 23, 2023, 09:24:28 AM »

I want him as a hawk  :frown:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 23, 2023, 11:21:42 AM »

I want him as a hawk  :frown:

He might not have any other option.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 23, 2023, 11:24:42 AM »
So Udeh got massa self’d? That’s a shame.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 23, 2023, 11:33:36 AM »

I don't believe so, but I'm just a spectator. It seems we wanted/needed him as depth at the 5, but he didn't want to wait around for starter minutes, since we picked up Hunter Dickinson in the portal. It's a shame, because Udeh showed flashes of his potential in his brief career at KU. I'm pretty bummed about the situation.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: May 23, 2023, 12:19:51 PM »
Udeh had a nice game against us in the beatdown in late January

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 23, 2023, 05:15:39 PM »
It seems like most of his cridits ought to transfer in state, or enough we could get him eligible thru intersession and summer classes.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 24, 2023, 06:53:21 AM »

I don't believe so, but I'm just a spectator. It seems we wanted/needed him as depth at the 5, but he didn't want to wait around for starter minutes, since we picked up Hunter Dickinson in the portal. It's a shame, because Udeh showed flashes of his potential in his brief career at KU. I'm pretty bummed about the situation.

we'll never be better than ku if we keep begging for their rejects

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 24, 2023, 01:57:15 PM »
The nature of the portal is that it is equal parts rejects and players looking to cash in with NIL deads or moving up to play in perceived more prestigious levels. Taking a McD AA who was recruited over by a sick coach in decline who doesn't want to expend the energy to coach em up would be a great move.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 24, 2023, 09:35:28 PM »
It seems like most of his cridits ought to transfer in state, or enough we could get him eligible thru intersession and summer classes.

he should take pud classes at Ft. riley like normal cat students to bump that gpa

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 25, 2023, 01:55:36 PM »
Anthony Thomas to Northwestern Louisiana St.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 26, 2023, 07:30:17 PM »

he should take pud classes at Ft. riley like normal cat students to bump that gpa
No lie I'm not 100% sure I was actually supposed to graduate with my GPA being as crap as it was and wish I was told about this.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 28, 2023, 04:16:38 PM »
https://www.si.com/college/tennessee/mens-basketball/olivier-nkamhoua-enters-transfer-portal Tennessee transfer Oliver Nkamhoua visiting rn. Twitter chatter from TN fans is that he's not really consistent.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 29, 2023, 09:28:36 AM »
https://www.si.com/college/tennessee/mens-basketball/olivier-nkamhoua-enters-transfer-portal Tennessee transfer Oliver Nkamhoua visiting rn. Twitter chatter from TN fans is that he's not really consistent.

Would take.

Offline KanSt43

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 29, 2023, 10:13:03 AM »
Saw him drop 27 against Texas and 27 against Duke.  :dunno:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 29, 2023, 10:59:12 AM »

Would take.

Apparently, the staff would too. I'm not anti the kid, just relaying Twitter comments from UT fans.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 29, 2023, 02:00:20 PM »

Would take.

Apparently, the staff would too. I'm not anti the kid, just relaying Twitter comments from UT fans.

I'm guessing it's just sour grapes if "inconsistent" is the worst they can come up with for a deserter from their program.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 29, 2023, 03:15:34 PM »
Also after Richmond Spiders fifth-year transfer 6-7 Tyler Burton, 19 plus pts per game, 7 plus rebounds per game. Only 29.3 from 3.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 29, 2023, 03:34:44 PM »
Also after Richmond Spiders fifth-year transfer 6-7 Tyler Burton, 19 plus pts per game, 7 plus rebounds per game. Only 29.3 from 3.
Sounds like David Hoskins type PF production from a SF size guy. Would take.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 30, 2023, 01:12:56 AM »

Would take.

I'm guessing it's just sour grapes if "inconsistent" is the worst they can come up with for a deserter from their program.
Consistency seems like a critique on coaching more than anything.