Author Topic: PORTAL KOMBAT  (Read 68166 times)

wetwillie (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: PORTAL KOMBAT
« Reply #300 on: May 01, 2023, 09:38:49 PM »
I think it's a very easy bet that if Keynote went to the portal he could get $1M

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/top-10-on3-nil-valuations-entering-mens-college-basketball-season-hunter-dickinson/

You know those dollar figures on that evaluation isn't what they're actually getting, right? Did you see who #1 is on that list? He scored 34 points this past season. How much money do you think he's getting from the Northwestern State nil collective?

The on3 nil evaluation is almost entirely about social media following, that's completely different that what someone is getting from pay-to-play.
https://www.on3.com/nil/news/about-on3-nil-valuation-per-post-value/

I can't believe that there are people who seriously think a third team all American, in any sport, can get 7 figures from a pay to play deal. The college athletes getting the most nil money are endorsers.

JFC. Stay safe in your bygone world. Pack got 400k a year ago. If Key entered the portal, he'd be one of the top five targets. Yeah someone would make the money available for a talented scorer, rebounder, solid teammate.

If you think that Keyontae Johnson or any other transfer could get 7 figures on a nil deal, I'm not going to convince you otherwise. However, I'll point out that the $400,000 a year deal that you mentioned that Pack, a consensus top 5 transfer a year ago, got is the largest single confirmed nil deal for any college athlete in any college sport. You are proposing that a third team all american could get 150% more than that.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/march-madness-2023-nijel-packs-lucrative-nil-deal-pays-dividends-sets-up-for-teams-to-copy-miamis-strategy/

I never know what to believe when these NIL numbers get thrown around, but the RUMOR (again, not confirmed) is that KU was offering (not KU directly, of course) essentially $2MM/yr. to Hunter Dickinson.

There's a reason these numbers never get confirmed despite it being in the best interests of the people making the offer to do so. John Ruiz was so public because he was sending a message. It's interesting that we know of every school offering all the walk ons $20,000 or every school giving all their offensive linemen $25,000 but no one can get any of these mega deals confirmed. The two most talked about 7 figure deals, Quinn Ewers and Jaden Rashada, actually 8 figures, both had deals that were completely fabricated.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 02, 2023, 07:06:10 AM »
I think it's a very easy bet that if Keynote went to the portal he could get $1M

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/top-10-on3-nil-valuations-entering-mens-college-basketball-season-hunter-dickinson/

You know those dollar figures on that evaluation isn't what they're actually getting, right? Did you see who #1 is on that list? He scored 34 points this past season. How much money do you think he's getting from the Northwestern State nil collective?

The on3 nil evaluation is almost entirely about social media following, that's completely different that what someone is getting from pay-to-play.

I can't believe that there are people who seriously think a third team all American, in any sport, can get 7 figures from a pay to play deal. The college athletes getting the most nil money are endorsers.

JFC. Stay safe in your bygone world. Pack got 400k a year ago. If Key entered the portal, he'd be one of the top five targets. Yeah someone would make the money available for a talented scorer, rebounder, solid teammate.

If you think that Keyontae Johnson or any other transfer could get 7 figures on a nil deal, I'm not going to convince you otherwise. However, I'll point out that the $400,000 a year deal that you mentioned that Pack, a consensus top 5 transfer a year ago, got is the largest single confirmed nil deal for any college athlete in any college sport. You are proposing that a third team all american could get 150% more than that.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/march-madness-2023-nijel-packs-lucrative-nil-deal-pays-dividends-sets-up-for-teams-to-copy-miamis-strategy/

Are these deals exclusive deals?  I always figured that since the collectives are just legal pay-to-play deals they were favorable contracts for the players and they could go sign other deals too. I envision these deals like the old work for a booster but never show up deals of the past. Like, can Pak go sign another $25K deal with Scuzzy Car Dealership of Miami or whatnot? 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 02, 2023, 09:03:45 AM »

Are these deals exclusive deals?  I always figured that since the collectives are just legal pay-to-play deals they were favorable contracts for the players and they could go sign other deals too. I envision these deals like the old work for a booster but never show up deals of the past. Like, can Pak go sign another $25K deal with Scuzzy Car Dealership of Miami or whatnot?

They're definitely not exclusive but we also don't seem to be at the point where athletes, specifically men's athletes are putting together endorsement packages. The only men's athlete I can think of that had a significant endorsement packages was Bryce Young with Dr. Pepper, Nissan, Beats by Dre, and a few others. Even with that Saban said young was "approaching seven figures." Women's athletes are getting a lot more of these multi package enforcement deals, but they aren't getting close to seven figures. Angel Reese and Olivia Dunn might be at seven figures or close to it but that comes from their social media engagement and it's gonna be real hard for a men's college athlete to get that.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 02, 2023, 08:35:05 PM »

We got perry.  :bwpopcorn: :doom:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 08:38:55 PM by doom »
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 02, 2023, 08:40:46 PM »
I haven't seen this reported in the madea?

Offline TheTastyGreek

• Mean Green'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gomeangreen.com
« Reply #305 on: May 02, 2023, 08:44:13 PM »

He's good.

Congrats.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 02, 2023, 08:44:59 PM »
He just livestreamed it with Goodman on twitter.  :ksu:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 02, 2023, 08:46:01 PM »

He's good.

Congrats.

Sorry to steal your bro, but also if you get more top shelf bros, send us those bros, k?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 02, 2023, 08:47:51 PM »
7.5 3PT attempts per game shooting 41%.  That’ll do pig.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline TheTastyGreek

• Mean Green'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gomeangreen.com
« Reply #309 on: May 02, 2023, 09:05:31 PM »

He's good.

Congrats.

Sorry to steal your bro, but also if you get more top shelf bros, send us those bros, k?

Gotta let 'em go when they wanna make bad choices for themselves.

Coach wants to celebrate a 6th place Big 12 conference finish by taking his team out to Applebee's, only to crash into a runaway tumbleweed or some tweaker driving his Toyota Tundra on the wrong side of a sandblasted farm-to-market road, and Transfer Portal his way from Hell on Earth to literal Hell?

Well... Good luck, Grant. Or Greg, Geoff, whatever his name was. Have fun in Amarillo's septic tank. Hope you get out before your wife leaves you, or child protective services takes your kids away for abuse, given that you're making them live in Lubbock now.

As for Perry? If he wants to trade God's most magnificent shade of green for some off-brand polyester Barney cosplay outfit instead? If he wants to leave the program that won college basketball's TRUE national championship (pre-shot clock and integration era) for some other tournament's also-ran? If he'd rather leave Texas's premiere basketball school for the 3rd proudest basketball institution in Kansas?

Well, good luck to him, I suppose. And to you fellows, of course. Strong contenders for my second-favorite college fandom on the internet. Enjoy our sloppy seconds, as we'll just move on to some newer, more supple and loyal teen instead.

[Seriously... Good kid, good player. Hope he does well for you guys.]

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
PORTAL KOMBAT
« Reply #310 on: May 02, 2023, 09:26:04 PM »
Applebee’s doesn’t take reservations, and good luck getting seated in under 2 hours for a party of 20+

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 02, 2023, 09:43:55 PM »
dudes
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 02, 2023, 10:04:35 PM »
Let's do the dude dance!

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 02, 2023, 10:12:00 PM »
Happy to get a DUDE
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 02, 2023, 10:48:22 PM »
I am pleased.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 03, 2023, 03:50:03 AM »
3rd times the charm! Love a 5’10 score-first player

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 03, 2023, 08:04:37 AM »
Who is our next certified portal dude?

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 03, 2023, 08:17:29 AM »
Some 5 star dude, hard to keep track of so many dudes at once.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 03, 2023, 08:20:15 AM »
Some 5 star dude, hard to keep track of so many dudes at once.

For sure, but since our dudes are certified, I want names. If they commit elsewhere, we can just pull a KU and pretend we wanted someone else instead.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 03, 2023, 08:30:48 AM »
We aren’t really attached to any portal names that I know of. We have some connection to a class of ‘23 decommit from UT Ronald Holland. 

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 03, 2023, 09:30:12 AM »
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 03, 2023, 09:30:49 AM »

He played at Coffeyville Community College, where he helped win a national title.  Most people don't realize how many times Kansas jucos have won national championships.  KU East (JCCC) has won a couple in the past 20 years.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 03, 2023, 09:42:47 AM »
I think he was the MVP of the NIT

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 03, 2023, 12:48:51 PM »
Certainly wish we could get in on Aziz Bandaogo from Utah Valley.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 03, 2023, 01:06:53 PM »
Still another week for kids to enter name in portal.  Lots of names still not known.