Author Topic: PORTAL KOMBAT  (Read 71991 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: PORTAL KOMBAT
« Reply #275 on: April 28, 2023, 12:45:46 PM »
that’s a good comparison
i think if he’s slotted into the 2nd half of the 2nd round then maybe stay and polish out the rough edges? idk, don’t care.  probably just go get paid, trust yourself to make it regardless of draft status.
Would he be better served polishing those edges on a 2-way contract? Probably, but I don't know exactly how the math works out

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 28, 2023, 01:05:27 PM »
I would have to think any serious consideration to return would be accompanied by a 7 figure NIL deal
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 28, 2023, 01:47:45 PM »
it's not hard to see a kid making 6-7 figures of NIL money staying around another year sheesh

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 28, 2023, 02:54:53 PM »
it's not hard to see a kid making 6-7 figures of NIL money staying around another year sheesh
It's hard for me to see that happening with Keyontae. At least high 6/low 7 figures. That's a lot of tshirts and autograph sessions.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 28, 2023, 03:04:43 PM »
It's hard for me to see that happening with Keyontae. At least high 6/low 7 figures. That's a lot of tshirts and autograph sessions.

true, maybe I'm giving ksu too much credit there.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 28, 2023, 04:22:46 PM »
Like best case scenario KJ gets 500k and just stock stays the same. But neither is happening right? He better go you selfish fucks

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 28, 2023, 04:27:12 PM »

true, maybe I'm giving ksu too much credit there.
I think that's more about Keyontae and the reality of the NLI landscape than it is about KSU failing. I don't think he'd get that much anywhere. But I could be wrong!

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 28, 2023, 08:56:01 PM »
I think Perry will commit monday. there was a teaser this morning on his twitter about "dudes."
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 29, 2023, 11:04:17 AM »
I would have to think any serious consideration to return would be accompanied by a 7 figure NIL deal

7 figures would guarantee his return, he's not going to make close to 7 figures as a professional basketball player next year. G league salaries are less than $50,000, 2 way players make $500,000.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 29, 2023, 12:45:59 PM »

7 figures would guarantee his return, he's not going to make close to 7 figures as a professional basketball player next year. G league salaries are less than $50,000, 2 way players make $500,000.
I don't think there's any doubt he could get 7 figures somewhere.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 29, 2023, 01:30:32 PM »

I don't think there's any doubt he could get 7 figures somewhere.

Uh, there's lots of doubt about that, like infinite amounts of doubt. Are you counting the figures after the decimal?

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 29, 2023, 01:51:21 PM »
Whereas you think you know it all, you tell me what's the going rate for third team All-Americans? Considering some of the numbers I've seen thrown around, I would guess a cool million might be ballpark.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 29, 2023, 03:00:32 PM »
Whereas you think you know it all, you tell me what's the going rate for third team All-Americans? Considering some of the numbers I've seen thrown around, I would guess a cool million might be ballpark.

The numbers you've seen thrown around are inaccurate and gassed up by people trying to push an agenda. Curry Sexton and others running collectives have been on record plenty stating this and frankly it's common sense. If you think a third team all American is making more on nil than NBA players are with salary I don't know what to tell you.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 29, 2023, 04:47:22 PM »
blah blah didn't read because it's you. Of course, somewhere also implies overse

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 29, 2023, 05:36:16 PM »
I think it's a very easy bet that if Keynote went to the portal he could get $1M.

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/top-10-on3-nil-valuations-entering-mens-college-basketball-season-hunter-dickinson/

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 29, 2023, 06:34:23 PM »
I think it's a very easy bet that if Keynote went to the portal he could get $1M.

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/top-10-on3-nil-valuations-entering-mens-college-basketball-season-hunter-dickinson/

You know those dollar figures on that evaluation isn't what they're actually getting, right? Did you see who #1 is on that list? He scored 34 points this past season. How much money do you think he's getting from the Northwestern State nil collective?

The on3 nil evaluation is almost entirely about social media following, that's completely different that what someone is getting from pay-to-play.
https://www.on3.com/nil/news/about-on3-nil-valuation-per-post-value/

I can't believe that there are people who seriously think a third team all American, in any sport, can get 7 figures from a pay to play deal. The college athletes getting the most nil money are endorsers.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 29, 2023, 07:59:23 PM »

You know those dollar figures on that evaluation isn't what they're actually getting, right? Did you see who #1 is on that list? He scored 34 points this past season. How much money do you think he's getting from the Northwestern State nil collective?

The on3 nil evaluation is almost entirely about social media following, that's completely different that what someone is getting from pay-to-play.

I can't believe that there are people who seriously think a third team all American, in any sport, can get 7 figures from a pay to play deal. The college athletes getting the most nil money are endorsers.
I don’t completely disagree with you. I just think if he actually re-entered the portal and put it out to bid, he’d get the $1M.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 30, 2023, 03:19:38 PM »
I think it's a very easy bet that if Keynote went to the portal he could get $1M

JFC. Stay safe in your bygone world. Pack got 400k a year ago. If Key entered the portal, he'd be one of the top five targets. Yeah someone would make the money available for a talented scorer, rebounder, solid teammate.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 30, 2023, 04:33:56 PM »
Guys stop fighting.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2023, 10:20:42 AM »
I think it's a very easy bet that if Keynote went to the portal he could get $1M

JFC. Stay safe in your bygone world. Pack got 400k a year ago. If Key entered the portal, he'd be one of the top five targets. Yeah someone would make the money available for a talented scorer, rebounder, solid teammate.

If you think that Keyontae Johnson or any other transfer could get 7 figures on a nil deal, I'm not going to convince you otherwise. However, I'll point out that the $400,000 a year deal that you mentioned that Pack, a consensus top 5 transfer a year ago, got is the largest single confirmed nil deal for any college athlete in any college sport. You are proposing that a third team all american could get 150% more than that.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/march-madness-2023-nijel-packs-lucrative-nil-deal-pays-dividends-sets-up-for-teams-to-copy-miamis-strategy/

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 01, 2023, 10:47:59 AM »
I think Perry will commit monday. there was a teaser this morning on his twitter about "dudes."

I think he already announced a decision day of tomorrow (Tuesday).  Although I'm guessing the staff already knows.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 01, 2023, 11:57:48 AM »
Being among the top choices for top transfers all the time is pretty neat.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1652853390869659648?s=20

Sorry if luke’d

Not a transfer.  2023 recruit who was committed to Texas.  He played with David Castillo is the U17 World Cup team last summer.  Hoping that gives us a really good chance.  Would also be a major FU to Texas for stealing Abmas. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 01, 2023, 12:01:47 PM »

If you think that Keyontae Johnson or any other transfer could get 7 figures on a nil deal, I'm not going to convince you otherwise. However, I'll point out that the $400,000 a year deal that you mentioned that Pack, a consensus top 5 transfer a year ago, got is the largest single confirmed nil deal for any college athlete in any college sport. You are proposing that a third team all american could get 150% more than that.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/march-madness-2023-nijel-packs-lucrative-nil-deal-pays-dividends-sets-up-for-teams-to-copy-miamis-strategy/

I never know what to believe when these NIL numbers get thrown around, but the RUMOR (again, not confirmed) is that KU was offering (not KU directly, of course) essentially $2MM/yr. to Hunter Dickinson.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 01, 2023, 12:39:44 PM »
Heard that figure, too. And apparently it's not going to be enough.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 01, 2023, 02:35:04 PM »
What is the ROI on a $2m/yr payment for a player and getting knocked out of the tournament on the first weekend? 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.