Author Topic: PORTAL KOMBAT  (Read 55113 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
PORTAL KOMBAT
« on: March 24, 2023, 05:15:16 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: PORTAL KOMBAT
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 11:12:54 AM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 11:15:12 AM »
he doesn’t have the outside shot that ‘quis has but there’s strong rumblings that he’s coming

it would be great to have a guy with his experience in the locker room for the young cat rj jones (certified beast)

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 11:19:09 AM »
Tomlin can be a relied upon post scorer. I have faith. However, I would like us to land a proven post scorer via the portal.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 11:21:23 AM »
Is there like a Portal master list somewhere?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 11:22:31 AM »
you’re looking at it!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2023, 11:51:13 AM »
This has to be the first year after the bball season is over that my first thought is how excited I am about next bball season instead of getting pumped for FB.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2023, 12:12:16 PM »
Tomlin can be a relied upon post scorer. I have faith. However, I would like us to land a proven post scorer via the portal.

He's a wing, we need a banger. Rumblings are that Colbert has been good in practice, we'll see.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2023, 12:57:15 PM »

He's a wing, we need a banger. Rumblings are that Colbert has been good in practice, we'll see.
Yeah, a hard ass Hoskins type under sized effective down low scorer from a small school would be nice.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2023, 02:15:46 PM »
Happy to see some hot itk nuggets blossoming on this hoops bbs. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline steaksdime

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2023, 05:30:11 PM »

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2023, 07:24:51 PM »
Are we thinking that everyone who has eligibility left will be back next season or should we anticipate some Frank'ings in the off season?

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2023, 08:15:08 PM »
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ranking-college-basketballs-best-transfers-for-2022-23-top-25-players-who-used-the-portal-to-find-a-new-team/

This is about three days old and already dated. The PG from Delaware whose dad played in the NBA sounds interesting. Doesn't include PG Kerr Kriisa from Arizona, who is probably to guy in the portal right now. I see KU going after him big time.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2023, 08:29:24 PM »

Yeah, a hard ass Hoskins type under sized effective down low scorer from a small school would be nice.

Yeah, need some bruisers. Guys like Mark Vital come to mind.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2023, 08:38:32 PM »

Lampkin, if Tang is convinced he won't be a disruptive head case.

Really, I trust Tang to know what he has in Dai Dai, RJ, Rich, Manning, Finister, Colbert and thatjuco 6-7 guard who redshirted, as well as Tomlin, N'Guessant, Carter and Ish. But it does seem we need rebounding and scoring. Would lave to get transfer PG, SF and inside help but only have room for 2 of those spots as it now stands.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2023, 08:40:00 PM »
I feel cam cam will be a scorer

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2023, 08:59:14 PM »
Give me tons of Jamars and Doms too
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2023, 12:00:26 AM »
Are we thinking that everyone who has eligibility left will be back next season or should we anticipate some Frank'ings in the off season?

We'll see, but I doubt it. They didn't do that at Baylor and if you take Tang for his word development and camaraderie are hallmarks of his program, they certainly were at Baylor. I don't even know who would be good candidates to leave. Tykei? He has a COVID year left. Ish was non-committal when asked after the game. Dorian's mother was adamant on twitter that they love the program and he's coming back. N'Guessan and Cam aren't going anywhere.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2023, 12:02:32 AM »

Lampkin, if Tang is convinced he won't be a disruptive head case.

Really, I trust Tang to know what he has in Dai Dai, RJ, Rich, Manning, Finister, Colbert and thatjuco 6-7 guard who redshirted, as well as Tomlin, N'Guessant, Carter and Ish. But it does seem we need rebounding and scoring. Would lave to get transfer PG, SF and inside help but only have room for 2 of those spots as it now stands.

I know he's talked about how much he likes Lampkin but he doesn't suit how his bigs played this year. Doesn't mean he won't take him, but Lampkin isn't a rim runner and definitely can't switch on screens.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2023, 01:01:27 AM »
This guy named Omar Stanley went to Link. I don't know if he's any good or not. 3-star big body. Maybe wants to be closer to home.

https://www.on3.com/db/omar-stanley-94082/

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2023, 02:23:21 AM »
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ranking-college-basketballs-best-transfers-for-2022-23-top-25-players-who-used-the-portal-to-find-a-new-team/

This is about three days old and already dated. The PG from Delaware whose dad played in the NBA sounds interesting. Doesn't include PG Kerr Kriisa from Arizona, who is probably to guy in the portal right now. I see KU going after him big time.

I don't see how they sell that with Harris still there.  Unless he wanted to play off the ball, which seems unlikely because he's not been much of a scorer.  Leave Arizona to play a reduced role at KU?  Of course money talks, still tho. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2023, 10:41:34 AM »
I can't stand Kerr Kriisa, he's soft.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2023, 10:48:01 AM »
dude there’s nothing about arizona that you like

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2023, 11:00:56 AM »
dude there’s nothing about arizona that you like

That's not true at all, I like Tommy Lloyd. I like Oumar Ballo. My dislike of Courtney Ramey is from his UT days, I just don't think he's very good. Kerr is kind of a punk.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2023, 01:30:54 PM »
Have seen a few tweets connecting us to a player or 2 from Georgetown. Would take