Author Topic: Looking ahead to Kentucky  (Read 9659 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Looking ahead to Kentucky
« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2023, 10:36:58 PM »
I maybe disagreed with only maybe 2 fouls they called on us in the second half, and didn’t really think uncalled fouls on their end impacted our difficulties either. We make half of those wide open 3s and it’s never really that close of a game.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2023, 12:40:27 AM »
He referred to all the players as kids, didn't he?  I thought it was a subtle dig until then.  Whatever.  I think Cal just doesn't care at this point.  He's got nothing left to prove and money coming out of his ears.  Bad look for Dowling to engage in a petty Twitter monologue, IMO.  Especially after Tang kind of eschewed decorum by brushing aside UK's tradition and saying he has better dudes.

Also...lame to judge anyone (esp a HOF coach) by a pissy tourney-exit presser.  WGAF?  Maybe his heart was in the right place, but just enjoy the W, amigo...damn.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 12:58:36 AM by TheProdigiousTalent »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 20, 2023, 01:11:35 AM »
He referred to all the players as kids, didn't he?  I thought it was a subtle dig until then.  Whatever.  I think Cal just doesn't care at this point.  He's got nothing left to prove and money coming out of his ears.  Bad look for Dowling to engage in a petty Twitter monologue, IMO.  Especially after Tang kind of eschewed decorum by brushing aside UK's tradition and saying he has better dudes.

Also...lame to judge anyone (esp a HOF coach) by a pissy tourney-exit presser.  WGAF?  Maybe his heart was in the right place, but just enjoy the W, amigo...damn.

You serious? Those coaches don't give a damn about anyone outside of their locker room, and neither does Cal by the way. Decorum? They're standing up for their players, and the players, of course, love that.

I just got gE'd didn't I?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 20, 2023, 01:19:46 AM »
so adorbs

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 20, 2023, 01:32:38 AM »
I had no issue with Tang's comments or with Cal's either, really (though I understand why calling Nowell a "little kid" rubbed ppl the wrong way)  Dowling can certainly say whatever he wants, and I'm sure the players liked him standing up for them, however silly leaping on Twitter might (or might not) have been.  That's the end of my commentary.  Now let's get back to enjoying the W.   :cheers:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 20, 2023, 02:17:13 AM »
We had four years of Darren Sproles, three years of Deuce Vaughn and two years of Markquis Nowell, in all that time we've never had a coach refer to a player as little kid, there's a reason for that, it's wildly disrespectful. Oh well, let that greasy hoe say what he wants we've ended his season, again. 2 wins from the final four.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2023, 06:19:43 AM »
I wish Wacky could be here to celebrate with us.  Hey mods, could we let Wacky come back for the rest of the tourney and just confine him to the bball board or something?
No

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2023, 06:27:19 AM »
I think we should ban schreds21 for even suggesting it
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 20, 2023, 08:26:06 AM »
We had four years of Darren Sproles, three years of Deuce Vaughn and two years of Markquis Nowell, in all that time we've never had a coach refer to a player as little kid, there's a reason for that, it's wildly disrespectful. Oh well, let that greasy hoe say what he wants we've ended his season, again. 2 wins from the final four.

PMT was basically annoiting us as short king u
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 20, 2023, 09:44:17 AM »
I think we should ban schreds21 for even suggesting it
:sdeek: :frown:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 20, 2023, 09:46:20 AM »
nsiap:

https://twitter.com/ksu_FAN/status/1637607439788019713?s=20

They weren't the easiest shots either.  Ish was in rhythm but it also looked like his deepest 3 of the year.  Just dudes throwing haymakers.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 20, 2023, 10:58:32 AM »

You serious? Those coaches don't give a damn about anyone outside of their locker room, and neither does Cal by the way. Decorum? They're standing up for their players, and the players, of course, love that.

Not just standing up for them, but generating some instant bulletin board material. That’s honestly how I viewed Dowling’s tweet.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 20, 2023, 08:17:04 PM »

Not just standing up for them, but generating some instant bulletin board material. That’s honestly how I viewed Dowling’s tweet.

There 100s of sports talk shows nationwide that have to be fed. I heard the same lame outrage takes on two different ones this afternoon.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 20, 2023, 09:18:35 PM »
sports talk shows nationwide

Coincidentally, host on local show called nowell “little kid” while praising him today.

40:10-ish: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/59-puck-27459121/episode/3-20-h2-curtis-crabtree-joins-vms-111096407/

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 21, 2023, 12:48:40 AM »
my god, they look so old.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 21, 2023, 05:45:17 AM »
Had to look it up

Kornheiser is 74 Wilbon 64

You should see woody hayes :horrorsurprise:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 21, 2023, 08:41:29 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 21, 2023, 11:43:03 AM »
Had to look it up

Kornheiser is 74 Wilbon 64

You should see woody hayes :horrorsurprise:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, Wilbon was younger than I am now when he started ATH, I thought he was in his 50's then, I guess black don't crack isn't universal
Woody Hayes has been dead for 40 years, Woody Paige is 77 years old.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 21, 2023, 11:56:05 AM »
20-40 comes and goes with little notice. 50-70 is another story. We’re getting there fellas
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2023, 02:00:06 PM »
This was another good photo I didn't see posted:

https://twitter.com/LikeJimboSlice/status/1638218201665249294/photo/1
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla