Author Topic: Does Montana State even have students?  (Read 7809 times)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Does Montana State even have students?
« on: March 12, 2023, 06:12:31 PM »
I know that's who we play in our first round game and I'm legit curious. I know they have basketball players but the whole state has the population of Garden City. Can't imagine there will be more than 15-20 people show up for the game.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Does Montana State even have students?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 08:04:18 PM »
They’ve got John Dutton on their side which in my opinion is not really so great for us

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 08:10:26 PM »
if i’m being completely honest, i didn’t even realize that montana was a state   :lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 08:11:30 PM »
Garden city has students so I assume Montana does too  :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 08:18:04 PM »
Is the 4th largest state, they are probably going to bring a small army (militia)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2023, 08:38:05 PM »
Montana's liquor store situation is a disaster.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2023, 11:03:02 PM »
if i’m being completely honest, i didn’t even realize that montana was a state   :lol:
A lot of people thought it was like Guam and Puerto Rico, where you can still vote and stuff, but then Robert Redford bought a farm there and all the old people googled it, raised awareness, etc

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2023, 11:05:44 PM »
I’ve been learning about Montana since they announced the bracket.  It looks like almost all of the state is owned by a relatively small group of billionaires, and the general population are essentially like the cold weather version of Mississippi.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2023, 11:58:12 PM »
A lot of people thought it was like Guam and Puerto Rico, where you can still vote and stuff, but then Robert Redford bought a farm there and all the old people googled it, raised awareness, etc
Ok I knew that Montana was a state, but mea culpa literally everything I thought I knew about Montana I have been confusing with Idaho.
Potato capital of the world? Idaho
Ruby Ridge? Idaho
Blue field football team? Idaho
That horrible quadruple homicide of some college students last year? Yep also Idaho

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2023, 08:01:24 AM »
I'm kind of upset that Garden City's good name is being brought into this thread.  Does Montana even have the internet to see this?  Probably not.  A lot of cows and fields.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2023, 08:51:19 AM »
Most of the kids going to school there are majoring in being a cowboy. Apparently country music doesn't tell you all you need to know.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2023, 10:39:50 AM »
A little research reveals that in any given year over a third of their enrollment are sheep.

There is a fraternity made up entirely of sheep and cows.  they do homecoming with the sigma kappas

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2023, 02:59:20 PM »
They used to be a 2 year juco called Bozeman State until a 25ish years ago when they became a 4 year school and rebranded as Montana State. Similar to Boise State but with less athletic success.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2023, 03:02:17 PM »
Montana's State bird is the Western Meadowlark?! Our Meadowlark is superior!
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2023, 03:03:41 PM »
The Baylor of the Pacific NW

In 2006, a major sports scandal engulfed Montana State University. On 30 June 2006, former MSU basketball player Branden Miller and former MSU football player John LeBrum were charged with murdering local cocaine dealer Jason Wright.[32][33][34] After an 18-month investigation, six additional current and former MSU athletes were charged with buying and selling cocaine. Three of the six were charged with running a cocaine smuggling ring that sold 26 pounds (12 kg) of cocaine in Bozeman between June 2005 to May 2007.[34]

Court records later revealed that some MSU coaches knew Miller carried handguns in his athletic bag at school and that the murder weapon and other handguns had been secreted in Brick Breeden Fieldhouse.[35] In August 2007, Sports Illustrated ran a front-page article, "Trouble in Paradise", that recounted drug use, violence, theft, intimidation, and illegal activities by current and former MSU student athletes and the complicity of low-level coaching staff.[36]

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2023, 03:07:53 PM »
Imagine thinking Yellowstone national park is superior to the Konza Prairie? Couldn't be me.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline KSNimrod

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2023, 03:38:57 PM »
I read that their mascot is the "Montana Musketloader" and let me just say... I was shocked when I found out what that was.  What a despicable group of humans.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2023, 03:40:16 PM »
The Baylor of the Pacific NW

In 2006, a major sports scandal engulfed Montana State University. On 30 June 2006, former MSU basketball player Branden Miller and former MSU football player John LeBrum were charged with murdering local cocaine dealer Jason Wright.[32][33][34] After an 18-month investigation, six additional current and former MSU athletes were charged with buying and selling cocaine. Three of the six were charged with running a cocaine smuggling ring that sold 26 pounds (12 kg) of cocaine in Bozeman between June 2005 to May 2007.[34]

Court records later revealed that some MSU coaches knew Miller carried handguns in his athletic bag at school and that the murder weapon and other handguns had been secreted in Brick Breeden Fieldhouse.[35] In August 2007, Sports Illustrated ran a front-page article, "Trouble in Paradise", that recounted drug use, violence, theft, intimidation, and illegal activities by current and former MSU student athletes and the complicity of low-level coaching staff.[36]

Is this guy Quantum Leaping or something?!?
(Different spellings, yeah)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2023, 03:54:08 PM »
There is mounting evidence ITT that playing Bozeman JC will in fact hurt the image of our program.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2023, 03:56:14 PM »
Most of the kids going to school there are majoring in being a cowboy. Apparently country music doesn't tell you all you need to know.

I think it’s because the students are mostly Californians wanting to be weekend hobby cowboys and don’t have a country music background to teach them.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2023, 04:49:03 PM »
I thought Montana State was one of those schools that got busted up due to predatory lending and stuff?  6 week degrees with high pressure sales type marketing/loan help.  I am worried that we are about to get scammed into some high interest loans this weekend. 

Offline porky morgan

• Not the real Porky Morgan
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2023, 06:06:31 PM »
Insider tip (from an emaw in Montana Grizzly country):
Just chant "Pooooor bobcats. Poooor bobcats." They usually cry.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2023, 10:04:20 PM »
I've heard that there are a few students left on the campus in Miles City since the pandemic started but most have been pushed out by bison.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline Bobcat406

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2023, 04:50:42 PM »
Hello! I had to jump on and let you know a little about Montana State University. Although, we are underdogs, Coach Sprinkle will give you all he has and our Team may surprise...but, most likely, you walk away to play again.
Bozeman, MT is double the size of Manhattan and is a thriving community and campus. 17,000 students. Housing is crazy expensive and growth is out of control. The median listing home price in Bozeman, MT was $795K in January 2023, trending down -15.2% year-over-year. The median listing home price per square foot was $381.
Close to Big Sky and Yellowstone, Bozeman is seeing a ton of out-of state growth. https://bigskyresort.com/ https://yellowstoneclub.com/.
Now onto the University. MSU is the largest University in the state of Montana and has been on the upside in every sport, as of late. Our football team (FCS- Where your coach came from) has been to the final 4 in the last 3 consecutive seasons, and finsihed Runner-up in 2021-2022. College Gameday came to town for our rivalry game just this past Novemeber.
https://twitter.com/MSUBobcats_FB/status/1596551168242593792?s=20
https://twitter.com/DesmondHoward/status/1594476431429423105?s=20
As for basketball, Danny Sprinkle is a proud alum and MSU hadn't been to the tourney since he was selected as the Big Sky Conference Tourney MVP in 1996. In his 4th year, he has led the Team to 2 straight appearances. Battle could play on most rosters in the Big 12, Darius Brown is a great floor general, and our two bigs (both from London) are tough dudes.
Not saying we will win, but a little respect would be nice to hear. Have fun and Go Cats!