Author Topic: no common ground, no ground at all.  (Read 2490 times)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: no common ground, no ground at all.
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2023, 04:46:10 PM »
i thought it was pretty well understood that we had an overpopulation problem? Is that not the case? (I mean unless the rationale is we are going to need lots of bodies to throw into the meat grinder for the inevitable looming war with China or whoever, in which case, i mean, i don't like it but i guess)

Otherwise CNS i don't like to see that list ITT because i would love for all of those things to be real and i don't like confronting the reality that they have no shot in heck

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2023, 04:55:14 PM »
i thought it was pretty well understood that we had an overpopulation problem? Is that not the case? (I mean unless the rationale is we are going to need lots of bodies to throw into the meat grinder for the inevitable looming war with China or whoever, in which case, i mean, i don't like it but i guess)

Otherwise CNS i don't like to see that list ITT because i would love for all of those things to be real and i don't like confronting the reality that they have no shot in heck

You can't fund programs like social security with a declining population. The world does have too many people, though. So the US could solve its population issues and also fight global warming by not incentivizing kids and loosening up its immigration policy.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2023, 04:56:25 PM »

Chinas population is projected to get cut in half in the next 80 years.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2023, 05:02:20 PM »

well the ratio of men to women in china is patently absurd so unless we see a rise in devil's threeway situations, i'd say that's a pretty safe bet.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2023, 05:04:15 PM »

You can't fund programs like social security with a declining population. The world does have too many people, though. So the US could solve its population issues and also fight global warming by not incentivizing kids and loosening up its immigration policy.

Technology will take care of the problem

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2023, 05:11:19 PM »
1. Socialized medicine  - our crap sucks.  Our life expectance is going backward and a bunch of other important markers are awful compared to other developed nations
2. Need to incentivize family.  Child credit or something of the like.  crap is too expensive and a downward pop is going to suck balls for a lot of ppl.
3. Remove ability for PACs and foreign money to participate in elections at any level.  If you aren't a person and a citizen, your money should be no good in our election process.
4. Term limits on house and senate.  2 is all you should get
5. Cap on age to serve as an elected official.  Should have to be 60 or younger to begin your term/s, otherwise, sorry grandpa, but you won't be alive for the world your work will help build and therefore can eff off.
6. We need a recall process for unfaithful elected officials.  See Kyrsten Sinema.
7. We need to start building a bunch of nuclear plants now.  IDGAF that they take 7-10 yrs to build.  Gotta start them sometime.

Agree with almost everything, except incentivizing families. Why?

See?!?!?!  We will never get this done!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2023, 05:13:43 PM »
1. Socialized medicine  - our crap sucks.  Our life expectance is going backward and a bunch of other important markers are awful compared to other developed nations
2. Need to incentivize family.  Child credit or something of the like.  crap is too expensive and a downward pop is going to suck balls for a lot of ppl.
3. Remove ability for PACs and foreign money to participate in elections at any level.  If you aren't a person and a citizen, your money should be no good in our election process.
5. Cap on age to serve as an elected official.  Should have to be 60 or younger to begin your term/s, otherwise, sorry grandpa, but you won't be alive for the world your work will help build and therefore can eff off.
6. We need a recall process for unfaithful elected officials.  See Kyrsten Sinema.
7. We need to start building a bunch of nuclear plants now.  IDGAF that they take 7-10 yrs to build.  Gotta start them sometime.

get this nonsense out of here.  start your own thread for random dumb crap you think, don't put it here.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2023, 05:16:13 PM »

well the ratio of men to women in china is patently absurd so unless we see a rise in devil's threeway situations, i'd say that's a pretty safe bet.

Aint looking so rosy for India either
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2023, 05:16:44 PM »

get this nonsense out of here.  start your own thread for random dumb crap you think, don't put it here.

Taking it to the Extremely No Ground Extremely No Ground At All thread.  Is that in Wacky's World?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2023, 08:02:21 PM »
Thread came out on a heater of being proven right, lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2023, 12:58:32 PM »
Too lazy to look. Why is Raskin doing the Prison Mike thing?

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1623753727793594371?s=20&t=KS1x9Kuvtm0Vhlnl6CYTaQ

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2023, 01:16:53 PM »
cancer

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2023, 01:18:04 PM »
bandanas are a good look for us bald gentlemen.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2023, 01:41:40 PM »
cancer
now I feel terrible for asking.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2023, 01:45:56 PM »
furman's message belongs here, but he himself should be in the common ground thread, because he's great.

https://twitter.com/jasonfurman/status/1623736556153622528

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2023, 05:20:48 AM »
bandanas are a good look for us bald gentlemen.

no common ground, no ground at all

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2023, 12:21:43 PM »
the problem with the democrats approach to fixing health care is that they have diagnosed the problem incorrectly (the problem with the republican approach is that they don't have an approach).

https://twitter.com/fsholars/status/1629161569908146179

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2023, 12:38:12 PM »
 health care is profitable but not for the hospitals

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2023, 12:52:18 PM »
recently listened to an old podcast on healthcare, and they drew the conclusion that elective meds and surguries are the largest drivers of cost in America.  We drug and operate for things that would be unthinkable to do in most of the world.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2023, 12:54:05 PM »
health care is profitable but not for the hospitals

the twitter account links to a substack article with more detail (that i haven't read).  at any rate, health insurance company profits are also not a significant driver of u.s. health care costs.

https://twitter.com/micah_erfan/status/1628978893750165504

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2023, 01:03:22 PM »
I just read an article today on vox about how healthcare workers salaries have been stagnant for the last decade…

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2023, 01:30:09 PM »
I just read an article today on vox about how healthcare workers salaries have been stagnant for the last decade…

now do the CEO's!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2023, 02:52:03 PM »
milan pays 2m/station to retrofit for accessibility, nyc pays 60m/station to do the same.

https://twitter.com/MarketUrbanism/status/1629196405070872579

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2023, 03:03:49 PM »
the problem with the democrats approach to fixing health care is that they have diagnosed the problem incorrectly (the problem with the republican approach is that they don't have an approach).

https://twitter.com/fsholars/status/1629161569908146179

Doesn't single payer fix this issue? Pharma has to stop bending people over if there's reduced buyers driving up the pieces because of demand. The government telling pharma what they're willing to pay seems like a much better system.