Author Topic: Extend Jerome Tang (pit attempt)  (Read 3332 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Extend Jerome Tang (pit attempt)
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2023, 12:14:00 PM »
Hurt people hurt people

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2023, 03:12:55 PM »
When in that video do I skip to for the god part?

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2023, 09:06:59 PM »
What would Tangs reaction be if 2 of our players kissed?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2023, 09:50:05 PM »

Probably shocked like the rest of us. Which 2 players are you fantasizing about?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2023, 10:47:32 PM »

I'm sure he'd be fine with it

I'm not even a Christian and I love his faith and I love even more how uncomfortable it makes betas
https://twitter.com/CoachBurton13/status/1622967289112043522

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2023, 11:00:54 PM »

Probably shocked like the rest of us. Which 2 players are you fantasizing about?

probably anyone involving tykei greene, dude is pretty gl

I'm not even a Christian and I love his faith and I love even more how uncomfortable it makes betas

well personally i don't find it too admirable to follow a faith that seems to be increasingly more toxic. also i never got why black people would want to follow the white man's religion. my hunch out in asia is some people out here like to associate with christianity to seem more international, as a sort of status symbol.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2023, 02:31:09 AM »
I didn’t watch that whole presser video to see what he said this time.

Whatever he actually believes, what throws me off is why any fans now care about this product at all. He’s said that where he coaches next year is out of his hands, it will be decided by god. If god has the power to spin (and stop?) the coaching carousel, I’d expect he (or she!) can also dictate game/season results. Thus, it doesn’t matter if you watch the games or attend them, or chant The Chant while in attendance. Nothing matters. College basketball, at least this iteration of KSU basketball, is whatever god decides it will be, no?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2023, 02:43:03 AM »

probably anyone involving tykei greene, dude is pretty gl

well personally i don't find it too admirable to follow a faith that seems to be increasingly more toxic. also i never got why black people would want to follow the white man's religion. my hunch out in asia is some people out here like to associate with christianity to seem more international, as a sort of status symbol.

Tell me why the majority of people south of the boarder are "white men's religion"? 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2023, 06:37:38 AM »
Can we please not muck this thread up. It's headed to the pit.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2023, 07:20:38 AM »
Tell me why the majority of people south of the boarder are "white men's religion"?

because they were colonized?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2023, 07:28:14 AM »

Whatever he actually believes, what throws me off is why any fans now care about this product at all. He’s said that where he coaches next year is out of his hands, it will be decided by god. If god has the power to spin (and stop?) the coaching carousel, I’d expect he (or she!) can also dictate game/season results. Thus, it doesn’t matter if you watch the games or attend them, or chant The Chant while in attendance. Nothing matters. College basketball, at least this iteration of KSU basketball, is whatever god decides it will be, no?

This is correct. I mean it’s all there in the good book:

I the Preacher have been king over Israel in Jerusalem. And I applied my heart[f] to seek and to search out by wisdom all that is done under heaven. It is an unhappy business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with. I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind.

Ecclesiastes 1:12-14.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2023, 08:09:22 AM »
you can ban fanning but can't get the wacky out of gE, apparently.  this thread  :flush:

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2023, 09:03:58 AM »
Maybe you dipshits should quite trying to delve into some deep meaning or interpret every word he says and just enjoy some fun basketball.  I mean, I get Trim doing it because he's just a contrarian bad person and doesn't give a crap about Kstate but that doesn't mean the rest of you have to join in.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2023, 09:11:21 AM »
Maybe you dipshits should quite trying to delve into some deep meaning or interpret every word he says and just enjoy some fun basketball.  I mean, I get Trim doing it because he's just a contrarian bad person and doesn't give a crap about Kstate but that doesn't mean the rest of you have to join in.

oh really? huh. that would have been nice when oscar was taking us to 2 big 12 championships and an elite 8

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2023, 09:25:47 AM »

This is correct. I mean it’s all there in the good book:

I the Preacher have been king over Israel in Jerusalem. And I applied my heart[f] to seek and to search out by wisdom all that is done under heaven. It is an unhappy business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with. I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind.

Ecclesiastes 1:12-14.

:runaway:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2023, 09:30:30 AM »
Stunz is kind of struggling with us having a winning coach that everyone likes.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2023, 09:53:47 AM »
hey guys how about keep basketball out of my pit thread. thanks

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2023, 10:12:38 AM »
Stop colonizing stunz thread
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2023, 11:53:25 AM »

If Tang wants to stay, God will tell him to stay. And if he wants to go, God will tell him to go. That's how it works.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2023, 12:24:32 PM »
This all reminds me of andrew wiggins.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2023, 12:32:08 PM »
what throws me off is why any fans now care about this product at all. He’s said that where he coaches next year is out of his hands, it will be decided by god. If god has the power to spin (and stop?) the coaching carousel, I’d expect he (or she!) can also dictate game/season results.

i've always been curious to learn god's intentions for kansas state.  if his plans can be divined through careful attention to kstate athletics, so much the better.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2023, 09:35:00 AM »

oh really? huh. that would have been nice when oscar was taking us to 2 big 12 championships and an elite 8
oscar never said anything worth trying to interpret in the eternity that he spent here.  As a matter of fact, he was better off not speaking at all.  And while overall, his two successful seasons and one tournament run were fun, his basketball was anything but.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2023, 11:55:32 AM »
anyone else turned off by his constant jesus talk? i guess our hayseed fans eat it up.

I'm pretty sure I've said I'm not crazy about it but there are plenty of worse traits a coach can have. I'd honestly be curious how Massoud feels about it.

Iyiola is also Muslim, apparently. Tang talked about his devotion during the postgame press conference. This should go without saying, but having religious convictions isn't an issue, using those convictions to minimize others is when we have issues. I love that Coach Tang has fostered an atmosphere where people of all faiths can be comfortable living their true self, it's beautiful.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2023, 12:04:53 PM »
His daughter looked very cute for senior night too
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2023, 12:11:37 PM »
No disrespect but when doesn't she look cute? One game earlier in the season, she was wearing a jersey, sitting behind the bench, Nebraska game I think, anyway my wife goes "WHO IS THAT?"