Author Topic: Kansas High School Basketball Stories, ITT  (Read 2927 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas High School Basketball Stories, ITT
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2023, 10:36:06 AM »
Olympic high jumper Nathan Leeper was in our small town sw ks sports league and threw down some NBA dunk contest level dunks on us a bunch of times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL love his bio, the Olympics are like the 5th thing mentioned

Nathan Leeper, from Protection, Kansas, grew up hunting and fishing in the notorious deer unit 16 in Comanche County. Nathan was raised farming and ranching and always had a strong agricultural background. He's always been a diehard traditional archery hunter and has a wall of trophy deer to prove it. Nathan has always had a passion for growing big deer, managing land, and sustaining a healthy herd.

Aside from chasing deer, Nathan currently resides in Pratt, Kansas with his wife, Jenny, and their three beautiful children; Taylor, Brynn, and Colson. Additionally, Nathan is a well-known Olympian and competed in the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia in the high jump.

His knowledge of farming, ranching, and killing big deer sets him aside from any other land agent in Kansas. Nathan is more than qualified to help assist you in selling or buying the property of your dreams. 

https://redcedarland.com/nathan-leeper/
He is a great representative of sw ks and positive sw ks culture. I am friends adjace with him via a ton of Meade people who are also great reps.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2023, 01:06:08 PM »
Olympic high jumper Nathan Leeper was in our small town sw ks sports league and threw down some NBA dunk contest level dunks on us a bunch of times.

Nathan Leeper, from Protection, Kansas, grew up hunting and fishing in the notorious deer unit 16 in Comanche County. Nathan was raised farming and ranching and always had a strong agricultural background. He's always been a diehard traditional archery hunter and has a wall of trophy deer to prove it. Nathan has always had a passion for growing big deer, managing land, and sustaining a healthy herd.

Aside from chasing deer, Nathan currently resides in Pratt, Kansas with his wife, Jenny, and their three beautiful children; Taylor, Brynn, and Colson. Additionally, Nathan is a well-known Olympian and competed in the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia in the high jump.

His knowledge of farming, ranching, and killing big deer sets him aside from any other land agent in Kansas. Nathan is more than qualified to help assist you in selling or buying the property of your dreams. 

He is a great representative of sw ks and positive sw ks culture. I am friends adjace with him via a ton of Meade people who are also great reps.

steve dave, were there any theories on the origins of his jumping powers? was he an early adopter of Strength shoes? my dad always attributed unusual athletic prowess to "throwing square bales in the summer time."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2023, 03:26:37 PM »

steve dave, were there any theories on the origins of his jumping powers? was he an early adopter of Strength shoes? my dad always attributed unusual athletic prowess to "throwing square bales in the summer time."

no, just genetics. the thing about cow farmers is they know a lot about how genetics works.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2023, 04:08:31 PM »

no, just genetics. the thing about cow farmers is they know a lot about how genetics works.
Leave it to cow farmers to select for optimal jumping genes in their own offspring.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2023, 04:52:24 PM »
I saw Nate Cornejo (future MLB'er) take one dribble from the three point line in a half court setting and dunk it one-handed in a high school game. In my final year of Babe Ruth he through a curveball that sent me into the dirt and fell in for a called strike.

Also saw future KSU Cat Donnie Wallace play in high school. I don't remember him doing anything particularly impressive but he was insanely skinny. He was ultimately Frank'd by Wooly.
He was a detroit tiger!

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2023, 12:17:55 AM »

Leave it to cow farmers to select for optimal jumping genes in their own offspring.

The voice I heard in my head reading that bio is a part Mark Rippetoe and part hayseed am radio commercial and it was wonderful
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2023, 09:39:26 AM »
Hearing reports that Will Spradling lost to The Cult. Unacceptable.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2023, 02:51:03 PM »
Stone...where did you go to high school?
A very tiny place nestled amongst sandstone outcropings. I don't want to doxx myself and all the shitposting I've done on gE over the years.

Fair enough.  Was just trying to determine if we may have been on the same football field at some point.  :cheers:
@mikec2w

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2023, 09:01:50 AM »
Stone...where did you go to high school?
A very tiny place nestled amongst sandstone outcropings. I don't want to doxx myself and all the shitposting I've done on gE over the years.

Fair enough.  Was just trying to determine if we may have been on the same football field at some point.  :cheers:
sent you a DM
:cheers:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2023, 08:47:02 AM »
Kansas State HS Basketball Tournaments tip off tomorrow. Which teams do we need to keep an eye on? KSU signee Taryn Sides is leading 23-0 Phillipsburg girls into the 3A Tourney in Hutch.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2023, 08:59:07 AM »
Kansas State HS Basketball Tournaments tip off tomorrow. Which teams do we need to keep an eye on? KSU signee Taryn Sides is leading 23-0 Phillipsburg girls into the 3A Tourney in Hutch.

I actually checked to see if my HS was in it, we typically win one per decade, and clearly looking at the standings for this year, we are at our nadir, so no dice.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2023, 09:23:10 AM »
Taryn Sides is a v cool name imo. If she has a really good crossover move maybe she can legally change her name to like Taryn Ligaments (since a lot of defenders are going to blow out their ACLs and/or MCLs trying to make a rapid lateral movement when they are guarding her unsuccessfully)

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2023, 07:08:43 PM »
Quarterfinal happenings:

A kid from Axtell just dunked

McPherson girls destroying Hayden

Nakari Morrical-Palmer from Southeast is a very fun player to watch. Lots of beautiful rebounds.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2023, 05:06:31 PM »
Fantastic BLOB play by Moundridge to advance to the 2A championship game. Lots of good basketball being played in Central KS this winter.

https://fb.watch/jcMF4w6_ne/

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2023, 12:04:08 PM »
Did anyone attend "Yes I Can" Basketball Camp at Emporia State? Coach Slaymaker is now 86 years old and at the helm of the Olpe High School girls basketball team:

https://sportcoachamerica.org/i-raised-my-hand-slaymaker-reflects-on-64-year-career-in-basketball/