Author Topic: Where does this Alabama team finish in the Big 12 (toughest league in CFB)  (Read 2172 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
I don’t think Alabama football is on television much but I was able to find some available game replays on ESPN+.  This is a very average team in every aspect of the game, on both sides of the ball.   :blank:  :blank:

They went 6-2 in a below average Southeastern Conference.  B12 much stronger conference top to bottom and plays every other conference opponent, schedule not helped by weak division schedules.  Wish we had bye weeks against ATM or Vandy on our schedule  :lol:

They lost to a piece of crap Louisiana Technical University that we motorboated in our bowl game last year  :lol:

If in the B12, I say they finish 3-6 in B12 play tied for 7th with KU/OU/WVU.

We should be looking forward to another NYE yawner against a downgraded SEC league member.

SEC =  :'bye cruel world:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Where does this Alabama team finish in the Big 12 (toughest league in CFB)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 06:08:16 PM »
Honestly I don’t know they have enough offensive firepower to win 3 games in the big 12 but you have always been a fair critic so I will defer to you on that.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 06:25:04 PM »
In this hypothetical, are they the 11th team and playing 10 conference games? I initially think 4-6 but factoring that they’re not used to that strength of schedule 3-7 more likely.

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 06:32:49 PM »
I just looked at a map to see where Tuscaloosa even is. Middle of nowhere! I could imagine they’d have the talent to hang with Lubbock, Waco or Ames, but that’s about it.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 06:35:28 PM »
Rumor is that their quarterback is afraid to play us. He saw what Duggan looked like at the end of the game and he's going to sit out game out.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2022, 06:36:18 PM »
I think you guys are being a bit too negative here. It’s true that Alabama couldn’t even win their division in the South Athletic Conference, but what a lot of people forget is that they DID beat a Big 12 opponent this year.

That’s obviously way different than the grind of playing in the Big 12 week after week, but Texas is no slouch. I’d put Alabama as solidly in the top half of the Big 12. Maybe as high as #4 this season.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2022, 06:40:17 PM »
In this hypothetical, are they the 11th team and playing 10 conference games? I initially think 4-6 but factoring that they’re not used to that strength of schedule 3-7 more likely.
i think we could swap them for Iowa State and no one would ever know the difference.

both schools have very similar stadiums too and anyone who says they could tell the difference between ames and tuscaloosa is lying

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2022, 06:41:07 PM »
I think you guys are being a bit too negative here. It’s true that Alabama couldn’t even win their division in the South Athletic Conference, but what a lot of people forget is that they DID beat a Big 12 opponent this year.

That’s obviously way different than the grind of playing in the Big 12 week after week, but Texas is no slouch. I’d put Alabama as solidly in the top half of the Big 12. Maybe as high as #4 this season.
texas didn’t have their best player available for that game

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2022, 06:55:23 PM »
Alabama's best win this season was Texas who didn't even make the Big12 championship game presented by Dr Pepper....that's all you need to know about the barners.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2022, 06:56:27 PM »
Were they ever able to save those trees on toomers corner after that nutjob Auburn fan poisoned them?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2022, 07:24:05 PM »
OP in this hypothetical would they have played ku at the booth or at Brian Dennehy’s?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2022, 07:31:17 PM »
i think we could swap them for Iowa State and no one would ever know the difference.

both schools have very similar stadiums too and anyone who says they could tell the difference between ames and tuscaloosa is lying

If it’s how they’d fare in mold aggie’s wading boots, I might say 2-7. I was counting isu as one of bama’s sure wins.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2022, 08:10:51 PM »
3rd place in the Big 12 if the ball bounces in their favor all season long.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2022, 08:19:55 PM »
Do they even have a defense?  Arkansas scored 27 against them and Auburn scored 26?  :lol: :lol:.  I mean how many would Tech and KU score against that garbage team? 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2022, 09:06:13 PM »
A healthy KU would light them the eff up
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline goCats101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2022, 09:31:38 PM »
Initially got excited for a showdown with the Blazers. Then found out it’s the other Alabama school we’re playing. Only letdown on an otherwise pleasant weekend :rolleyes:

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2022, 09:34:03 PM »
They would probably beat WVU since Saben is from Western Virginia, maybe get a win against the scrappy Cyclones in a close game, otherwise I can't find a win for Crimson

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2022, 09:38:37 PM »
I have been reading about these guys and there are some things I can't make heads or tails of. Supposedly they are the crimson tide (whatever tf that means) but their mascot is an elephant. Elephants are gray, not crimson. Is the idea that they are a gang of carnies, traveling around with the circus? I guess maybe that makes sense. We are going to beat their carnie asses.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2022, 09:45:16 PM »
I have been reading about these guys and there are some things I can't make heads or tails of. Supposedly they are the crimson tide (whatever tf that means) but their mascot is an elephant. Elephants are gray, not crimson. Is the idea that they are a gang of carnies, traveling around with the circus? I guess maybe that makes sense. We are going to beat their carnie asses.
ya my wife has a crimson tide about once a month  :Yuck:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2022, 09:47:24 PM »

If memory serves the crimson has something to do with some like mold or fungus or bacteria or whatever that grows in the water. Weird thing to be proud to be a FEMA superfund site but really explains a lot about their poor health and limited brain activity

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2022, 09:51:48 PM »

If memory serves the crimson has something to do with some like mold or fungus or bacteria or whatever that grows in the water. Weird thing to be proud to be a FEMA superfund site but really explains a lot about their poor health and limited brain activity

So what is up with the elephant?

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2022, 09:54:49 PM »

It’s common in waters near poor/inadequate agricultural practices. Naturally these hayseeds celebrate the phenomenon and the massive loss of aquatic life gets them super jacked.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2022, 09:59:00 PM »
ya my wife has a crimson tide about once a month  :Yuck:

Naming your school after menstruation is the wokest thing I've ever heard
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2022, 10:29:58 PM »
Guys, please be serious. This is the legendary ALABAMA FOOTBALL we are playing.

Unfortunately, this feels a lot like Michael Jordan with the Wizards. Hakeem Olajuwon with the Raptors. Emmitt Smith with the Cardinals.

It’ll be fun to see them for nostalgia purposes, but really it’s just kinda sad. Saban is clearly on the down slide of his career.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2022, 07:26:07 AM »
If Saban could stay sober, I think he would have given West Virginia a run for their money as who gets to lord over ISU in the rankings this year.