Author Topic: Big 12 Championships  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Big 12 Championships
« on: November 27, 2022, 09:44:34 AM »
Of the teams remaining in the Big 12 after UT and OU leave in July 2025, here is the count on Big 12 championships so far:

Baylor - 3
K-State - 2
TCU - 1
OSU - 1

Simultaneously securing our spot (tied) atop this list and aTm'ing TCU by winning the Big 12 championship would be so fantastic.  To me, the Sugar Bowl is a distant consolation prize or bonus....it's all about conference championships.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Re: Big 12 Championships
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 09:50:13 AM »
Of the teams remaining in the Big 12 after UT and OU leave in July 2025, here is the count on Big 12 championships so far:

Baylor - 3
K-State - 2
TCU - 1
OSU - 1

Simultaneously securing our spot (tied) atop this list and aTm'ing TCU by winning the Big 12 championship would be so fantastic.  To me, the Sugar Bowl is a distant consolation prize or bonus....it's all about conference championships.
CCG win would be a nice feather in the cap.

Probably discussed elsewhere but where does this season rank all-time if the Cats manage to win the last two games? It seems like we've had some great seasons ( 1998, 2003, 2012) end with disappointing bowl performances so it would be awesome to finish with winning, winning and more winning.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 10:07:46 AM »
the dr pepper is infinitely more important than the sugar bowl or any other exhibition game we might play in. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 10:11:57 AM »
Feels good being the tippy top of the conference. Winning yet another Dr Pepper would just secure our spot as a team to beat.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2022, 10:13:37 AM »

the dr pepper is infinitely more important than the sugar bowl or any other exhibition game we might play in.

100%

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2022, 10:21:16 AM »
TCU hurt Hunter deckers yesterday

I legit think that they’ve knocked out 5-7 qbs this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline williamthewildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2022, 10:23:48 AM »
I think the KSU D warmed up to that QB destruction idea by giving JDaniels all he could handle.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2022, 10:44:16 AM »

Also we are going to the sugar win or lose so we should go ahead and win
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2022, 11:26:05 AM »

Baylor - 3
K-State - 2
TCU - 1
OSU - 1

Probably discussed elsewhere but where does this season rank all-time if the Cats manage to win the last two games? It seems like we've had some great seasons ( 1998, 2003, 2012) end with disappointing bowl performances so it would be awesome to finish with winning, winning and more winning.
No question this season would be top 5 if we win the Big 12.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2022, 12:16:23 PM »
I think the KSU D warmed up to that QB destruction idea by giving JDaniels all he could handle.

I think we just knocked the wind out of him. No big deal, but it's possible he bruised some ribs.

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2022, 12:21:43 PM »

Baylor - 3
K-State - 2
TCU - 1
OSU - 1

No question this season would be top 5 if we win the Big 12.

Could be considered the best year ever if we win the Big 12 AND beat Alabama in the Sugar.  2003 and 2012 both ended with a bowl loss.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2022, 12:26:48 PM »
Looking back on the body of work, that would be true. We live life in the moment, though, so it's really hard for me to look at a season like this one or 2003 as better than 1998 or 2012, when we legitimately had national championship aspirations late in the season.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2022, 01:03:23 PM »
Looking back on the body of work, that would be true. We live life in the moment, though, so it's really hard for me to look at a season like this one or 2003 as better than 1998 or 2012, when we legitimately had national championship aspirations late in the season.
Fair. At no point throughout this season have I been as excited as I was during 2012 season.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2022, 03:58:00 PM »

I think we just knocked the wind out of him. No big deal, but it's possible he bruised some ribs.

It kinda looked like helmet (football helmet) to helmet (groin/nards) contact, to me.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2022, 03:58:43 PM »

Baylor - 3
K-State - 2
TCU - 1
OSU - 1

I'm a bit surprised OSU only has 1, given how consistently decent they've been for so long.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2022, 05:23:39 PM »

Baylor - 3
K-State - 2
TCU - 1
OSU - 1

I'm a bit surprised OSU only has 1, given how consistently decent they've been for so long.

They lose bedlam every damn year

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2022, 07:36:29 PM »

Baylor - 3
K-State - 2
TCU - 1
OSU - 1

Kind of amaze that Baylor has 3 considering how bad they were pre-Briles.

I very much hope K-State wins on Saturday!

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2022, 07:54:18 PM »
This week is such a pleasure. More high-profile football for the Cats but without -- at least for me -- the tension of recent weeks when I dreaded losing more than anticipated winning. I feel confident we win and I'm just going to enjoy the entire expereince, kind of like 2003.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2022, 08:32:53 PM »
Apparently 2 big 12 championships isn’t enough for some people

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2022, 10:05:33 PM »
Stunted I say this with all due respect, but your mom suck me good and hard through my jorts

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2022, 08:07:53 AM »
This week is such a pleasure. More high-profile football for the Cats but without -- at least for me -- the tension of recent weeks when I dreaded losing more than anticipated winning. I feel confident we win and I'm just going to enjoy the entire expereince, kind of like 2003.
I’ve always liked our D, but the offense seems to have some serious swagger with Howard now. It’s kind of hard to see us losing to TCU this time.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2022, 09:58:28 AM »

Sugar has better gear

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2022, 10:13:52 AM »

100%

We may consider it an exhibition game but the national media (aka ESPN), recruits and most people would consider us beating Alabama, even one where most of their NFL "projects" opt out, as much more impressive than winning the Big XII Championship, for the same reasons; TCU isn't OSU, UM (Michigan not Miami), Alabama, Georgia or most other SEC schools. You probably don't agree. So be it but IMO beating Alabama, even a reasonably depleted one, would be much more impressive, again to most pundits and recruits, than beating a TCU that had the year of their lifetime.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2022, 10:16:48 AM »
Sugar is just for fun. Big 12 title is what I want.

No one even knows or cares that we demolished LSU in last year’s game.

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2022, 10:42:25 AM »
Sugar is just for fun. Big 12 title is what I want.

No one even knows or cares that we demolished LSU in last year’s game.

In large part because the LSU team we beat last year was a pick-up squad with an interim coach that no one paid attention to because the "real" coach and the "real" players weren't the ones we played against.

Beating Nick Saban and his inexhaustible supply of NFL prospects would be totally different.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell