Author Topic: Battle of the purples (aka Texas Bowl rematch and Sugar Bowl preview)  (Read 3558 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the purples (aka Texas Bowl rematch and Sugar Bowl preview)
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2022, 09:32:17 PM »
OMG what a shitty ass way for LSU to lose, like it's not their fault the clock didn't start in time and I guarantee that he wouldn't have shot that with less time, but CATS
Exactly.

WILL TAKE THOUGH

Every player on the court knows that rule because they've all played in a high school game and probably a college game when that happened. Look at the LSU players when they went to the huddle, look at the staff, they all knew.
I don't know what rule you're talking about

You've never seen when the referees have to use a stop watch to determine the time elapsed or to keep the time period? I feel like it happens a lot. Stopwatches are part of the mandatory equipment for the scorers table.
Absolutely never at a high school game. And I don't recall a shot being waved off because the clock the players could see started late.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2022, 10:13:49 PM »
I’ve seen them use the stop watch multiple times in college basketball.

No problem with the call. They got an extra 1.5 easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2022, 06:03:22 AM »
I’ve seen them use the stop watch multiple times in college basketball.

No problem with the call. They got an extra 1.5 easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Usually I've seen it to add time at a dead ball. Like I said duke remember seeing a stopwatch used to wave off a shot at the end of a game before

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2022, 07:55:10 PM »
A poster on Reddit said the clock operator hit the wrong button when trying to start the clock and accidently gave LSU 1 point before realizing his mistake and starting the clock. Idiot should have hit the horn then, but even then it's a big fuckup, K-State coaches certainly wouldn't want LSU having the chance to take the ball out at halfcourt with like 3 seconds left rather than go the fullcourt with 4.7.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2022, 10:15:39 PM »
A poster on Reddit said the clock operator hit the wrong button when trying to start the clock and accidently gave LSU 1 point before realizing his mistake and starting the clock. Idiot should have hit the horn then, but even then it's a big fuckup, K-State coaches certainly wouldn't want LSU having the chance to take the ball out at halfcourt with like 3 seconds left rather than go the fullcourt with 4.7.

If he or she hit the horn while the ball was in play, they would have reset the clock and put the ball back at the baseline.