Author Topic: GET READY TO DIE, UT RIO GRANDE!  (Read 4109 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: GET READY TO DIE, UT RIO GRANDE!
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2022, 09:44:01 PM »
We’re lots of fun and the other team is wearing girls’ uniforms.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2022, 09:54:15 PM »
Bay Bay took it personally that his starting spot was given to N'Guessan, he's been good and David definitely took a step back tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2022, 09:55:30 PM »
That appeared to be a soft t

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2022, 09:55:39 PM »
These referees don't seem to like us very much.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2022, 10:01:45 PM »
I wanna put a ton on the scoreboard.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2022, 10:13:27 PM »
We would have had a hundo if my guy N'Guessan didn't miss layups on 3 straight trips after the under 4.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2022, 10:13:50 PM »
Love Tang calling out the olds

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2022, 10:19:56 PM »
We’re lots of fun and the other team is wearing girls’ uniforms.

I seriously thought they had a female on their team when the pony tailed Johnson came onto the court. I thought "woah, cool!"  only to be disappointed by the beard.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
GET READY TO DIE, UT RIO GRANDE!
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2022, 07:46:48 AM »
The other team’s uniforms were great you weird olds
:adios:

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2022, 07:54:06 AM »

Are you talking about the flop?  If so Stan was saying flopping is a point of emphasis this year so probably expect more calls like that.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2022, 08:03:49 AM »
Only listened to part of the first half, but looking at the box score I'm happy to see our TOs improved and and FT really improved. Both can improve a smidge but I'll take 70% + FT and sub 15 TOs in a game every time.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2022, 08:39:59 AM »
Love Tang calling out the olds
I mean, sure. He needs to know it's going to take a few weeks to get the thing packed 100% again and it was a Monday night game, in MHK, which many had just traveled home from the weekend. They also played a dog crap opponent. It will definitely grow soon.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2022, 08:41:28 AM »
Don’t think we are going to get any 100% capacity crowds this year with maybe KU being the exception.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2022, 08:45:43 AM »
I'd say the Wichita State, Baylor, and Florida games could be close to full capacity if they keep winning. All Saturday games other than Baylor.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 08:59:08 AM by DreamWeaver69 »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2022, 08:58:22 AM »
I remember packed weeknight games in the Pullen era, but I agree with wacks, oscar really destroyed the program

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2022, 09:06:29 AM »
I think infinity lobs ending in two handed dunks will bring ppl back faster than oscar’s strict rule against scoring more than 60pt/game ran them off.  Who knows?  Maybe I am just an optimist.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2022, 09:07:27 AM »
I remember packed weeknight games in the Pullen era, but I agree with wacks, oscar really destroyed the program
If only we had teleportation devices by now. I'd definitely go to more games during the week. The old in me hates driving anymore.

Also, it took us like an hour to get out of MHK on Saturday. Seriously, wtf was that all about? That new indoor facility really took out a lot of great parking options, but I'm sure it's necessary.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2022, 09:09:56 AM »

Are you talking about the flop?  If so Stan was saying flopping is a point of emphasis this year so probably expect more calls like that.

I'm not sure about the new point of emphasis or whatever, but there was some contact on that T. The ref should have just called a blocking foul and moved on.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2022, 10:06:34 AM »
We would have had a hundo if my guy N'Guessan didn't miss layups on 3 straight trips after the under 4.

Not so sure about your guy tbh. Tall and can shoot I guess. Bay^2 though, he’s just everywhere  :love:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2022, 11:33:24 AM »

No, Tomlin's T after his dunk. They showed a replay of him yelling after the dunk, then he ran up the court, not saying a word. Then on the replay his face is turned away from the camera for a fraction of a second right before he was hit with the T. Whatever he said couldn't have been more than 2 or 3 words.

I actually appreciate Stan discussing the flop T, shows he did at least some homework. I can't believe we have gotten two of those already. Awarding them for block/charge flops seems really arbitrary though. There was definitely contact with Bay Bay on that play, I don't love giving referees the latitude to determine whether or not contact merits falling back or falling down.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2022, 11:47:29 AM »
The flop T in the exhibition was a terrible call

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2022, 12:00:27 PM »

No, Tomlin's T after his dunk. They showed a replay of him yelling after the dunk, then he ran up the court, not saying a word. Then on the replay his face is turned away from the camera for a fraction of a second right before he was hit with the T. Whatever he said couldn't have been more than 2 or 3 words.

I actually appreciate Stan discussing the flop T, shows he did at least some homework. I can't believe we have gotten two of those already. Awarding them for block/charge flops seems really arbitrary though. There was definitely contact with Bay Bay on that play, I don't love giving referees the latitude to determine whether or not contact merits falling back or falling down.

Agree, It should be used for guys who are guarding around the arc flopping from a push/elbow, than being used in a block/charge situation IMO

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2022, 12:01:02 PM »

Announcers last night said that whatever governing body oversees the officials has given them performance metrics on this new rule with implications on future opportunity based on compliance of calling it.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2022, 12:16:54 PM »

Announcers last night said that whatever governing body oversees the officials has given them performance metrics on this new rule with implications on future opportunity based on compliance of calling it.

Hopefully they update the metrics to clarify that there will also be future implications for calling it wrong.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2022, 12:19:50 PM »

I thought he was going to get the T for hanging onto the rim too long. Was weird to see him get the foul on the other end of the court. I was just glad he didn't hurt himself landing on the basketball, honestly.