Author Topic: Iowa State  (Read 11123 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Iowa State
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2022, 11:30:38 AM »

I cannot see ISU scoring more than 14

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2022, 11:58:45 AM »
the part that plays right into our hands is our offense is really used to hearing DEEUUUUUUUUUCCCEEEE which to the untrained ear sounds an awful lot like BOOOOOO so i mean, practically a home game for the purples.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2022, 01:24:38 PM »
I hope they let Duke keep doing whatever he was doing on Saturday lining up 2 yards off the line & blitzing. Him and Felix should feast on that statue Dekkers.

Man I hope so, he got sacked 5 times, and ISU gave up 8 TFL to them. Like, is ISU's o-line beat up and that bad, or will they have people back for this game?
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2022, 01:40:20 PM »
I hope they let Duke keep doing whatever he was doing on Saturday lining up 2 yards off the line & blitzing. Him and Felix should feast on that statue Dekkers.

Man I hope so, he got sacked 5 times, and ISU gave up 8 TFL to them. Like, is ISU's o-line beat up and that bad, or will they have people back for this game?

I think you're not properly accounting for the meatgrinder that is the Kansas D.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2022, 01:40:43 PM »
ISU’s offense is so bad. Made KU’s Swiss-cheese defense look like the steel curtain.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2022, 01:53:40 PM »
ISU’s offense is so bad. Made KU’s Swiss-cheese defense look like the steel curtain.

You can give them a pass if they weren't also crap against Iowa and Baylor.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2022, 01:58:40 PM »

Something in the water in Iowa. I’m not sure you could combine Iowa and ISU and have a capable offense.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 02:07:26 PM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2022, 02:00:47 PM »
They might have tried but they really should have got a grad transfer QB like we did. Have a really nice group of WR that aren’t being properly utilized because Dekkers doesn’t have good touch.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2022, 02:09:40 PM »
They might have tried but they really should have got a grad transfer QB like we did. Have a really nice group of WR that aren’t being properly utilized because Dekkers doesn’t have good touch.

They didn't try, they thought Dekkers was the guy, they were happy with what they saw from him last year. He was always the presumed starter, this year, going back to last season

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2022, 02:18:15 PM »
Have a stud coming in next year to push Dekkers so they won’t have to live with that choice for long but it put a real damper on their 2022 season.  Glad we didn’t roll with Will.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2022, 02:20:10 PM »

:D

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2022, 02:29:36 PM »
Have a stud coming in next year to push Dekkers so they won’t have to live with that choice for long but it put a real damper on their 2022 season.  Glad we didn’t roll with Will.

Yeah, they'll be in the same situation as us. Kohl isn't as dynamic as Avery though. He's actually pretty similar in style as Dekkers, he's a big pro style QB.

Offline bunter

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm not a good poster.
    • View Profile
    • Investigate 3/11
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2022, 02:57:32 PM »

I cannot see ISU scoring more than 14
Per Mr. Chongs whose model correctly picked Tulane to win against Houston, albeit with slight aberration, Tulane is the best defense we have likely faced and we lost. I do worry a little if we get trapped in some uncreative play calling and lose 17-10.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2022, 02:59:18 PM »
Yeah, I think we match up better against a good offense than a good defense. We should still win, though.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2022, 07:45:30 AM »
Dekkers looked so rough ridin' bad vs ku. if he has success saturday i will be v disappointed. cats by 11.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2022, 09:26:46 AM »
21-17 CATS

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2022, 09:34:36 AM »
I think we still have an egg or two to lay and that concerns me.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2022, 09:38:36 AM »
I hope whatever shrink they brought in for Tennant has a good week with him.  It’s likely going to come down to making a few field goals to get out of the flood plain with a W

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2022, 09:41:13 AM »
I think the rust is knocked off 9AM enough that when he can't find anyone he'll just take off rather than throw it away.  I think that was a big thing missing early on. 

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2022, 10:15:48 AM »
I think the rust is knocked off 9AM enough that when he can't find anyone he'll just take off rather than throw it away.  I think that was a big thing missing early on.

That'll help, but our play calling has to spread the ball around enough/keep the defense from zeroing in on Deuce so we're not stuck getting like 1-2 yards on first and second down.

We probably don't need to throw more than 20 times but we gotta get good bubble screens/medium routes to make them respect that it might happen.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2022, 10:39:20 AM »

Something in the water in Iowa. I’m not sure you could combine Iowa and ISU and have a capable offense.

State of Iowa combined pts per game: 42 (Not even in the Top 10 nationally)
State of Kansas combined pts per game: 72

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2022, 11:07:40 AM »

That'll help, but our play calling has to spread the ball around enough/keep the defense from zeroing in on Deuce so we're not stuck getting like 1-2 yards on first and second down.

We probably don't need to throw more than 20 times but we gotta get good bubble screens/medium routes to make them respect that it might happen.

totally agree, I don't know why we don't seem to throw those to try and get a rhythm other than 9AM has air mailed a bunch of them already.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2022, 12:21:04 PM »
Dekkers looked so rough ridin' bad vs ku. if he has success saturday i will be v disappointed. cats by 11.

He's not a bad quarterback, he'll be fine on Saturday. They also have the best receiver unit in the conference.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2022, 12:38:34 PM »

He's not a bad quarterback, he'll be fine on Saturday. They also have the best receiver unit in the conference.

It will be similar to the Nevada statue QB last year. 5+ sacks and 2+ turnovers

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2022, 01:43:06 PM »
Facebook tells me that yesterday was the 13-year anniversary of the arrowhead farmageddon that Pete, LSOC and I wore overalls to.