Author Topic: OU game thread  (Read 6031 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: OU game thread
« Reply #225 on: September 25, 2022, 03:09:03 AM »
The feels. They surely feel good. Happy for cat fans, tonight. eff OU and UT. Gurrrl, baiii.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 25, 2022, 10:45:37 AM »
i didn't see it mentioned yet, but how about the lead official being asian?  :love:

times are changing

He's been head ref on the #1 Big 12 crew since the ref with the huge guns retired

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 25, 2022, 10:53:51 AM »
This game shall be known as Adrian 3:16

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 25, 2022, 10:56:56 AM »
Their Tackles held all night.  I mean LOL’ing at their bitching about us.  Their OL, particularly their tackles had more K-State jersey by the end of that game then our D front.   

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 25, 2022, 11:02:39 AM »
He's been head ref on the #1 Big 12 crew since the ref with the huge guns retired

top ref of the #1 crew  :love:

it's the big 12  :Ugh:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 25, 2022, 11:05:42 AM »
I loved how that game was officiated. They stayed the eff out of the way and let the players play. No 15 yard bullshit for flexing or crap talk or a little sideline shoving. Let the game breathe.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 25, 2022, 11:11:28 AM »
After perusing the cornhusker message boards, this was like beating both Oklahoma and Nebraska in the same game. Several posters thought that this was the worst most embarrassing two weeks in the history of their program, losing to OU like they did last week and then watching us beat OU with the announcers going on and on about how bad Nebraska was with Adrian Martinez last year.

Just think about all the nub fans losing their "corn farms" because they bet on OU.. my lord.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 25, 2022, 11:38:46 AM »
I loved how that game was officiated. They stayed the eff out of the way and let the players play. No 15 yard bullshit for flexing or crap talk or a little sideline shoving. Let the game breathe.

Yes!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 25, 2022, 11:53:20 AM »

It was really rough ridin' annoying in the moment because I anticipated them being inconsistent in a big moment, but they weren't, they did a great job, although that illegal man down field was very ticky tack.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 25, 2022, 11:57:59 AM »

It was really rough ridin' annoying in the moment because I anticipated them being inconsistent in a big moment, but they weren't, they did a great job, although that illegal man down field was very ticky tack.
yeah, other side of the field, not actively blocking anyone, just standing there watching the play.  Must have been the ghost of bob stoops yelling in their earpiece.   But yeah loved the play calling otherwise, made for a better game all around

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 25, 2022, 12:00:40 PM »

It was really good. Not an excessive amount of reviews, either.

And holy crap, those boys were hittin' last night.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 25, 2022, 12:32:57 PM »

They typically hurt a couple of our guys during the game.  Will never forget the time one of their players forcefully stomped on CK's ribs when he was laying on his back after a tackle and it was a no-call.  Later that week it was known the extent of his chest injury was broken ribs which caused pain for the rest of the season.  THANKS, DIRTYASS BURGLARS!  :jerk:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 25, 2022, 12:41:03 PM »
the cade false start was a mystery and I kept waiting for the bad calls to start but overall I liked how the refs stayed out of the way

it’s obvious I don’t understand the difference between holding and blocking because both teams WR’s seemed to be doing lots of it on run plays

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 25, 2022, 12:51:04 PM »
There were lots of no-call defensive PI going on.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 25, 2022, 01:49:21 PM »
the cade false start was a mystery and I kept waiting for the bad calls to start but overall I liked how the refs stayed out of the way

it’s obvious I don’t understand the difference between holding and blocking because both teams WR’s seemed to be doing lots of it on run plays

your perceived fbiq goes up when you yell out holds while watching the game. i'll randomly yell it out from time to time.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 25, 2022, 02:52:19 PM »

Very physical contest.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 25, 2022, 05:39:11 PM »

your perceived fbiq goes up when you yell out holds while watching the game. i'll randomly yell it out from time to time.
thanks, I’ll try it next week.
we’ve all been around people who do what you describe so I know that you are 100% right, just a little intimidating in case I get called out by rival fans who claim legal block

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 25, 2022, 10:00:41 PM »

thanks, I’ll try it next week.
we’ve all been around people who do what you describe so I know that you are 100% right, just a little intimidating in case I get called out by rival fans who claim legal block

Seems like such a gray area that you can't lose with Stuntz' strategy

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2022, 01:38:23 AM »
call them out first

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2022, 05:59:44 AM »
If you see yellow immediately call it

FLAG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 26, 2022, 09:21:12 AM »
Unfortunate for that guy. Ouch.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles