Author Topic: Mizzou 9/10/2022 Game Thread  (Read 8490 times)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Mizzou 9/10/2022 Game Thread
« on: September 07, 2022, 09:13:18 AM »
Mizzou's biggest rivalry game since?! I mean come on, Drinkwitz is shaking in his boots. Klein gave them little to no tape to watch this week. King Felix has the moves of this dorks nightmares.
The SEC BIG J journalists are concerned about tackling form when they should be worried about getting railed on the road.

Here is his weekly presser from yesterday....

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Re: Mizzou 9/10/2022 Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 01:01:35 PM »
I just want our offense to click better, I think the defense, especially with some secondary guys back too should be ready to roll
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 02:47:42 PM »
I just learned the new Mizzou DC calls their defense the "trench mob"  :curse:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 02:51:46 PM »
More like stench mob
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 03:20:11 PM »
We are going to bury their asses in that trench.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 06:29:24 PM »
More like stench mob
More like trench mouth

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2022, 08:29:56 PM »
Jokes on them. A trench is way too narrow for a mob to be effective. It’s pretty much mano-y-mano unless they all climb out, but theres a reason they call that area no man’s land

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2022, 08:49:07 PM »
Jokes on them. A trench is way too narrow for a mob to be effective. It’s pretty much mano-y-mano unless they all climb out, but theres a reason they call that area no man’s land

To be fair, The Missourah Tigers were still licking their civil war wounds when WWI rolled around.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2022, 12:03:43 PM »
I think this is the first must-win game (to this point --- and not counting the KU games) of the Klieman era.  A loss here would be tough to overcome.

I think that's why I'm so nervous about it. 

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2022, 12:08:42 PM »
We had better humiliate them. Terrible school in a terrible state. Agree with other posters that this is a must-win.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2022, 12:09:39 PM »
I think this is the first must-win game (to this point --- and not counting the KU games) of the Klieman era.  A loss here would be tough to overcome.

I think it’s a must-win if this team is going to be what we all wanted them to be. They can absolutely still lose this game and compete for 3rd or 4th in the b12 if they can continue to improve. But, at this point in his tenure w these players klieman should absolutely be confident in his ability to go out and win this game semi-comfortably.

I know the offense was vanilla af last week, but that performance still scares me. They did not look physically dominating on the line and took way too many tfls and sacks against an fcs team. We’ll see what they’re able to clean up in a week, but that performance against MU is a double digit loss.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2022, 12:13:11 PM »

I think it’s a must-win if this team is going to be what we all wanted them to be. They can absolutely still lose this game and compete for 3rd or 4th in the b12 if they can continue to improve. But, at this point in his tenure w these players klieman should absolutely be confident in his ability to go out and win this game semi-comfortably.

I know the offense was vanilla af last week, but that performance still scares me. They did not look physically dominating on the line and took way too many tfls and sacks against an fcs team. We’ll see what they’re able to clean up in a week, but that performance against MU is a double digit loss.

More how I feel. Losing is never fun, and a loss to mizzou after all these years at home would be fairly humiliating, but it takes us from IMO being the outside track to win the Big 12 to once again settling to win 7-8 games. This game is not the biggest step forward, but it is a necessary one to getting to be a 9/10  (or more) win type team.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2022, 02:22:13 PM »

To be fair, The Missourah Tigers were still licking their civil war wounds when WWI rolled around.
Truman begs to differ

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2022, 02:22:59 PM »
If we lose this game, I struggle to see how we get to six wins.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2022, 02:35:57 PM »

Truman begs to differ

It appears my historical slight may have been unfounded.

“In 1864, while in the midst of the American Civil War, the board of curators suspended operations of the university. It was during this time that the residents of Columbia formed a "home guard" unit that became notoriously known as the "Fighting Tigers of Columbia". This name was given because of the group's steadfast readiness to fight against Confederate bushwhackers, hoping to plunder the city and university, under the command of "Bloody Bill" Anderson. Later, in 1890, an alumnus suggested the university's newly formed football team be called the "Tigers" out of respect for those who fought to defend Columbia.”
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2022, 02:52:59 PM »

I'm not going to check but I'm certain you've called other games "must win."

How is this any different than the Stanford game or any of the non con P5 games that will follow?

If we lose then beat OU and make the Big 12 championship game, no one will care. If we lose the regular season finale to KU, no one will say, "well, at least we beat Mizzou." I can't ever envision the second game of any season being called a must win.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2022, 03:25:58 PM »
In the week leading up to gameday, every game is a must win. 
@mikec2w

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2022, 03:42:22 PM »

How is this any different than the Stanford game or any of the non con P5 games that will follow?

If we lose then beat OU and make the Big 12 championship game, no one will care. If we lose the regular season finale to KU, no one will say, "well, at least we beat Mizzou." I can't ever envision the second game of any season being called a must win.

"Must win" is typically an exaggeration and in the eye of the beholder.  I do think that K-State fans are very excited about the game and an opportunity to beat a former B12 and current SEC member.  The program has a lot of momentum and a loss to Mizzou would hurt that, particularly since we seem to be getting in more and more recruiting battles with them.

Of course, losing to Mizzou doesn't affect our Big 12 title hopes, but it does mean we're probably not good enough to do it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2022, 03:55:35 PM »

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2022, 04:08:38 PM »
You know why it's a must win? Because its this week's opponent motherfuckers

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2022, 04:12:37 PM »
This gme took me totally by surprise. I thught Missouri dropped football when they had all the campus racist riots a few years back.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2022, 04:24:36 PM »
Imagine thinking Columbia Missouri is a cool place.

Goodness, how sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2022, 05:01:55 PM »

Because it's a bad sign that the program probably isn't as far along as hoped it would be and momentum would suffer.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2022, 05:03:20 PM »
I mean I'm not saying he should be fired if we lose.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2022, 05:27:41 PM »
Because it's a bad sign that the program probably isn't as far along as hoped it would be and momentum would suffer.

Could say the same thing about losing to a Stanford or Miss State. It’s big purely because of history reasons, making all the conference realignment stuff sad. Also there’s going to be a crap ton of local recruits there so we need to clap some Mizzou ass.