Author Topic: Is the Missouri Tiger (#SEC) game the perfect "tune up for conference play?  (Read 3930 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
From what I remember we have always owned the University of Missouri tigers in football.  Usually our physical brand of football coupled with speed at the skill positions was too much for them and most wins were "going away".

Now that they are in the SEC maybe they have recruited better and they will provide us a test as we prepare for Big 12 play.  In my mind, this is really a perfect "tune up" game where we won't be in danger of losing and can experiment with some things, get our 3-deep some time against a P-5 team and really get on the same page for the brutal Big 12 slate.

I am planning on going and will be sitting with the Dr. and some of our bros.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'll be there. I would expect the khatz to run multiple trick plays just to see if they actually work. Ex: The 2012 Miami trick play. We might try to run 50 of those because it won't matter if they work or not.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
I think the first two games (South Dakota - Missouri) will be great to get the younger guys some playing time. Tulane might be a little scrappy week 3 but overall should be a pretty easy path to 3-0.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I expect a tougher test in the opener against a strong FCS South Dakota team.  The Mizzou game will probably be one of the four games that freshman can play without burning their redshirt.  Will be fun to see which of the new guys Kleinman choses to throw out there first.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Talked to some old frat bros out at O'Malleys last night about the old Big 12 when they were in it (what a gross out) and apparently Mizzou fans travel for total crap.  WE can expect maybe a handful of fat slobs who don't tip but that's it.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Talked to some old frat bros out at O'Malleys last night about the old Big 12 when they were in it (what a gross out) and apparently Mizzou fans travel for total crap.  WE can expect maybe a handful of fat slobs who don't tip but that's it.
I can confirm that if those fat slobs get mouthy, you can smash them over the head with a steel chair and/or a beer bottle and the cops will looks the other way.  :cheers:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Sometimes I get them mixed up with Southwest Missouri State. Which one are we playing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Last time I checked "Mizzou" (that's what they call themselves for some weird reason) doesn't even know who their QB is going to be....that's kind of a big deal.

Hopefully coach Odom can recruit someone before the game.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
The old alumni guys I was doing green tea shots with at 785 last night said they always called them "meth U" and it enraged their loser fans

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
I did some research, did you guys know that they used to be in the Big8? That was so long ago, I bet they will act like they belong on our level.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Down at muscle beach smashing vizzys and some old townies are saying snyder used to always smash their balls down their throats

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I look forward to seeing Rubley out there in the second half.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Has he even played a down?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
We definitely don't want Rubley's first snaps going against that salty S. Dakota D. Much better to roll him out with a big lead in the second half against Mizzou.  Should really boost his confidence.

I wonder if Mizzou fans still chant SEC SEC SEC while they're getting their asses kicked like they did the last time we played?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
How quickly does their coach walk away from shaking hands this time? That's what I want to know.

Games already decided imo, 2 TDs easy
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How quickly does their coach walk away from shaking hands this time? That's what I want to know.

Depends how badly his apartment is on fire.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This can easily be measured by the number of alarms the fire is.  We just need to determine the TD to fire ratio

Offline Duncan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I did some research, did you guys know that they used to be in the Big8? That was so long ago, I bet they will act like they belong on our level.

Anyone remember Larry Smith's wife marching up and down the sideline, yelling at the mizzou football players that they sucked while getting blown out by 60 or whatever? Good times.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile

This can easily be measured by the number of alarms the fire is.  We just need to determine the TD to fire ratio

1 TD per Alarm fire ?
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Rout 66 was one of the saddest performances I've ever seen from a team against K-State.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I really like the fact that this harkens back to the days of yore when LHC Bill Snyder really hammered home the concept of stair stepping into the conference regular season.

Missouri State is a solid step up from South Dakota. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Nice work, Stone.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Gary Pinkel is not a very good coach.  I’m surprised they haven’t fired him, yet.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.