Author Topic: Portaling  (Read 57500 times)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: Portaling
« Reply #400 on: April 26, 2022, 08:57:26 AM »
I'll chip in on the statue if we're a tourney team his first year.

Is there a minimum number of players we need to field a team or will we have to fill out the roster with dudes from Manhattan High?
Those boys in Hickory, Indiana showed what is possible
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 26, 2022, 09:24:34 AM »
I'll chip in on the statue if we're a tourney team his first year.

Is there a minimum number of players we need to field a team or will we have to fill out the roster with dudes from Manhattan High?
We would cherry pick from MCC
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 27, 2022, 11:00:31 PM »
lol, go big 12

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 28, 2022, 07:50:10 AM »

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 28, 2022, 11:44:37 PM »

I think this is accurate unless somebody has heard something else

Nigel Pack – Miami
Selton Miguel – South Florida
Carlton Linguard – UTSA
Davion Bradford – Penn State (visit)
Luke Kasubke – Illinois State
Seryee Lewis - Rice
Kaosi Ezeagu -
Logan Landers -
Maximus Edwards -

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 29, 2022, 07:44:11 AM »
amazing:
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33823826/nil-agent-says-miami-hoops-star-isaiah-wong-enter-transfer-portal-nil-compensation-increased

Just lol
https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1519865836881723392

I don't really get this move by the agent.  The University is not part of this (other than in a wink, wink, nudge, nudge way) so threatening to leave puts no leverage on them like it would in a pro league.  It puts a little pressure on the NIL collective but I am guessing the contract is written in their favor and simply won't pay him if he leaves.  This seems like a pretty empty threat, and doesn't he only have a couple of days left to enter the portal?

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 29, 2022, 07:51:50 AM »
May first is the deadline to enter the portal. He could end up with less if he does go portaling.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 29, 2022, 08:08:59 AM »

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 29, 2022, 08:26:34 AM »
In this guy's defense the Miami billionaires didn't treat him like they did Pack.  Pack scored a lot of points on a shitty team and received $800k.  This guy took his team to Elite 8 and is probably getting a fraction of what Pack is getting.  If Miami sucked last year this wouldn't be an issue.  Or maybe if Pack's offer wasn't so publicized it wouldn't be an issue.  What a mess for college coaches.

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 29, 2022, 09:01:59 AM »
I am totally fine with athletes getting theirs however they can. That said, it's an interesting tactic. If companies think you're a boring loaf of bread and not worth money to them, then that's what it is. I don't think you're entitled to more NIL just because you're one of the better players on the team. I'm guessing most companies aren't getting their money worth on these deals, but i'm sure that's not the point to them either.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 29, 2022, 11:27:46 AM »
I am totally fine with athletes getting theirs however they can. That said, it's an interesting tactic. If companies think you're a boring loaf of bread and not worth money to them, then that's what it is. I don't think you're entitled to more NIL just because you're one of the better players on the team. I'm guessing most companies aren't getting their money worth on these deals, but i'm sure that's not the point to them either.

Pack seems like a boring loaf of bread though.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 29, 2022, 11:36:27 AM »

Pushin ACK
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 29, 2022, 12:14:59 PM »

I think there are two types of these deals:

1.  Collectives which are just pay-to-play.  The marketing aspect in most cases is just a token effort to keep a thin veneer of legitimacy.  This is the Miami debacle that is currently going on.
2.  True NIL where a player's contract is actually tied to their marketing value and what the intent was.  Most players would not be seeing any significant real-world money in this category. 

This is going to quickly become unmanageable.  I think the only solution is to admit the players are employees and then have them form a union so that this stuff can be collectively bargained like in the pro-leagues.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: April 29, 2022, 01:17:09 PM »
How can they(the athletic depts)  maintain status of non profit org in that situation?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 29, 2022, 02:34:23 PM »
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 29, 2022, 03:55:22 PM »
- chunkles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 29, 2022, 04:15:05 PM »

A store brand thin slice

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 29, 2022, 04:34:52 PM »
How can they(the athletic depts)  maintain status of non profit org in that situation?

Huh? Non-profits can have paid employees, they just can't have profits.  Pretty sure we pay out coaches, AD and a whole bunch of other people.  If they are all volunteers then I take back anything bad I have ever said about any coach or admin ever.