Author Topic: Portaling  (Read 57489 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Portaling
« Reply #376 on: April 23, 2022, 06:21:02 PM »
The Dan LeBatard Show stays clowning on Life Wallet, they don't think it's a real company, they hint at, but don't outright say they think it's a criminal enterprise.

I wonder if Larranaga promised Nijel that he'd get to play point guard.

Based on the ESPN article that’s exactly what Larranaga did.   Nijel said he chose Miami to showcase his abilities as a natural on ball guard.

ya but i bet every other program promised that...difference is $$...plus location i bet didn't hurt

I guarantee you that every other program that offered him didn't promise that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 23, 2022, 06:25:00 PM »
The Dan LeBatard Show stays clowning on Life Wallet, they don't think it's a real company, they hint at, but don't outright say they think it's a criminal enterprise.

Based on the ESPN article that’s exactly what Larranaga did.   Nijel said he chose Miami to showcase his abilities as a natural on ball guard.

ya but i bet every other program promised that...difference is $$...plus location i bet didn't hurt

Or he might expose himself as someone who can't perform as the primary ball handler and do his future more harm than good. Played point as a freshman and was not on the Big 12 all-freshman team. Moved to the 2 guard as sophomore and named first-team all conference.

He won't harm his future earnings because he isn't a point guard and he'll be playing primarily shooting guard before conference play.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 23, 2022, 07:32:41 PM »
I completely understand Nigel taking the bag to play his next 2 years at Miami. What 20 year old is going to say no to a 400k year job? I hope he does well.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 23, 2022, 10:56:04 PM »

I guarantee you that every other program that offered him didn't promise that.

i mean purdue pre-emptively booted both their two returning point guards, so that's one.

not sure about the others, but what does it hurt to make a semi-credible promise?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 23, 2022, 11:01:53 PM »

Please keep us updated on this grift in Miami.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 24, 2022, 01:22:01 AM »

Please keep us updated on this grift in Miami.

Somebody should really do a deep dive on this just because it's interesting.  Life Wallet just launched a few months ago and judging by the amount of views the youtube videos have that they have posted on their website (sub 100), they have no traffic even though they claim to have over 1 million users. 

Life Wallet is owned by a company called MSP Recovery which was supposed to be going public via SPAC at a $32.6 billion valuation. The merger hasn't actually happened yet despite being announced last July.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/wealth/payments-recovery-company-msps-spac-deal-value-combined-firm-326-bln-bloomberg-2021-07-12/

MSP is owned by a guy named John Ruiz who seems to have a sketchy background... 

Over the years the Miami lawyer has hosted a Spanish language cable-TV show, owned a high school sport website and worked on class-action lawsuits. At one point, his luxury cigarette boat was repossessed, according to a published report — an episode Ruiz has called a misunderstanding. Yet today Ruiz is on the cusp of a $23 billion fortune as his MSP Recovery enters into a merger with Lionheart Acquisition Corporation II, a $230 million special purpose acquisition company founded by a former member of an Israel Defense Forces elite combat unit who spent most of his career in real estate.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-14/florida-lawyer-ex-paratrooper-forge-a-33-billion-spac-deal

Here's a story about him wanting to build UM a new football stadium...

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/coral-gables/article256428481.html

In that article he talks a lot about his net worth and how huge it's going to be after the SPAC merger, but the vast majority of that would only be on paper considering the SPAC involves a comparatively small $230 million investment.  He expected it to go through in January, but they had to put it on a 6 month extension and I doubt it will get done.  It's all very Miami.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Portaling
« Reply #382 on: April 24, 2022, 07:57:40 AM »
I didn’t read the article.   But a $230 million dollar company engaged in a $23 billion dollar merger?  I mean,  I’m no M&A guy, but . . . merger?

I guess I should read the article.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 24, 2022, 09:10:26 AM »
Nijel might want to see if the check clears before signing with Miami.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 24, 2022, 09:17:16 AM »
I completely understand Nigel taking the bag to play his next 2 years at Miami. What 20 year old is going to say no to a 400k year job? I hope he does well.

I’m in my 40s and would not turn down a 400k/year job.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 24, 2022, 09:39:31 AM »
Naw he’s gonna be a cat.  I think the Julian Phillips momentum has slowed unfortunately tho.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 24, 2022, 10:35:59 AM »
Someone obviously missed the HugeCat crystal ball prediction in the dudes thread. The HugeCat crystal ball has never been wrong
[/font]The huge cat crystal ball is going to go ahead and declare Antoine a K State commit.[tweet]1517720836299444224[/tweet][/font][/font][/font][/font]
[/font][/font]

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 24, 2022, 10:44:03 AM »
Retweeted by Marco Borne seems like a good sign to me

[tweet]1518250037007949824[/tweet]?s=20&t=S2qu4qnbYAL03i69PF99lQ

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 24, 2022, 12:32:57 PM »
#blessed

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 24, 2022, 03:45:12 PM »
I didn’t read the article.   But a $230 million dollar company engaged in a $23 billion dollar merger?  I mean,  I’m no M&A guy, but . . . merger?

I guess I should read the article.

M&A guy, here. It's an ... ambitious valuation, to say the least (e.g., the target company forecasted $0 in gross revenue in 2021 and $10B+ in gross revenue in 2023). You should read up on SPACs, as these are not your grandfather's kind of business combinations.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 25, 2022, 03:26:25 PM »
We turned him away because we are getting A Davis

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 25, 2022, 03:33:32 PM »
We turned him away

lol, I'd hope not.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 25, 2022, 04:33:58 PM »
We can't just be offering anyone and everyone. We're kinda tight on roster space.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 25, 2022, 05:48:38 PM »
lol, right!

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 25, 2022, 07:02:32 PM »
I honestly don’t even know who that guy is. I know we are still in on a guard from Niagara unless that’s him.  Tang has impressed me so far in abilities to close and there is still a week before kids have to hit the portal.  Feel confident he will put together a team that’s capable of being a tourney team next year.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 25, 2022, 08:41:32 PM »
I honestly don’t even know who that guy is. I know we are still in on a guard from Niagara unless that’s him.  Tang has impressed me so far in abilities to close and there is still a week before kids have to hit the portal.  Feel confident he will put together a team that’s capable of being a tourney team next year.
That’s him

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 25, 2022, 09:47:40 PM »
I'll chip in on the statue if we're a tourney team his first year.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 25, 2022, 11:16:06 PM »
I'll chip in on the statue if we're a tourney team his first year.

Is there a minimum number of players we need to field a team or will we have to fill out the roster with dudes from Manhattan High?