Author Topic: Portaling  (Read 57486 times)

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Portaling
« Reply #325 on: April 19, 2022, 08:11:49 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 19, 2022, 10:31:58 PM »
We will see in time whether KSU administration is here to win or not.

Ironically enough this doesn't have jack crap to do with the administration here or anywhere else. I imagine those who are the loudest critics of college athletic departments will be the ones least likely to put in to the NIL pot.
I disagree with you, but I have disagreed with you consistently on NIL restated topics for quite some time now, so we should just save time and assume we don’t agree until something new comes up that we agree upon related to NIL.

I'd be interested to know what role you think the athletic director has with NIL beyond some behind the scenes stuff with the collectives.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 20, 2022, 01:32:19 AM »
Got another highly rated guy that barely did anything his freshman year?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 20, 2022, 08:58:38 AM »
LOOK AT YOU!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: April 20, 2022, 09:03:31 AM »

They're largely replacing older, lower-rated guys that barely did anything.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 20, 2022, 09:10:30 AM »
I guess we'll see if Tang's roster is more highly rated than oscar's was when Tang is done filling it.

Pretty safe to say that no one will be replacing Pack.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 20, 2022, 09:52:48 AM »
I guess we'll see if Tang's roster is more highly rated than oscar's was when Tang is done filling it.

\

Antoine Davis seems like he could. He would also be a shooting guard with the heighth to defend.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 20, 2022, 10:34:40 AM »

\

Antoine Davis seems like he could. He would also be a shooting guard with the heighth to defend.

Yeah, he's our best bet.  If he wants to get buckets at a P5 level, there are lots of buckets to be had here.

If we can get him and another double-digit ppg game dude out of the portal, I'll be pretty happy.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 20, 2022, 01:54:08 PM »
carter could be good like he had a decent game against a ranked opponent. also his play style looks exciting. colbert too, long as eff and can dribble and euro.

compare to other prospects we've had, no disrespect but landers/edwards/manning are just soooo meh

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 20, 2022, 04:25:34 PM »

The two he already signed were more highly rated than every single player, on the last three rosters, other than Selton Miguel and Dajuan Gordon, yep them. The only other players we've had more highly rated the last decade were Malik Harris, Claws, and Xavier Sneed. Davion Bradford and Nijel Pack were the only other top 150 high school players we've had. That's 8 top 150 players in 13 signing classes since Wally Judge. How long do we think it takes this staff to get to 8 top 150 players? 4 classes, less, more?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 20, 2022, 04:28:43 PM »
hopefully less

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 20, 2022, 05:13:48 PM »

The two he already signed were more highly rated than every single player, on the last three rosters, other than Selton Miguel and Dajuan Gordon, yep them. The only other players we've had more highly rated the last decade were Malik Harris, Claws, and Xavier Sneed. Davion Bradford and Nijel Pack were the only other top 150 high school players we've had. That's 8 top 150 players in 13 signing classes since Wally Judge. How long do we think it takes this staff to get to 8 top 150 players? 4 classes, less, more?

I think we all expect that Tang's next four will be higher rated than oscar's last four. I just think it's sloppy to assume that Tang's team next year will obviously be higher rated than oscar's team this past year, which included Mark Smith.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 20, 2022, 05:40:26 PM »
Cam Carter signed officially (I know older news)
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 20, 2022, 09:45:56 PM »

I think we all expect that Tang's next four will be higher rated than oscar's last four. I just think it's sloppy to assume that Tang's team next year will obviously be higher rated than oscar's team this past year, which included Mark Smith.

I did forget about Mark Smith. Than being said, he was brought in to recruit, I am not expecting him to reach the sweet 16 or anything crazy, but I do expect that he have a better roster this and every single year. He doesn't have the luxury of having a whole year with the 2022 signees but what he does is a whole roster of scholarships and literally thousands of kids in the transfer portal. It's shouldn't be an assumption, but it should be an expectation that he upgrades the talent and do so quickly, otherwise what's the point?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 21, 2022, 10:32:43 AM »

I did forget about Mark Smith. Than being said, he was brought in to recruit, I am not expecting him to reach the sweet 16 or anything crazy, but I do expect that he have a better roster this and every single year. He doesn't have the luxury of having a whole year with the 2022 signees but what he does is a whole roster of scholarships and literally thousands of kids in the transfer portal. It's shouldn't be an assumption, but it should be an expectation that he upgrades the talent and do so quickly, otherwise what's the point?

There may be 1000s of players in the portal but only a small percentage of them are the type of player we would want to sign. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 21, 2022, 10:51:30 AM »
Good for him
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 21, 2022, 10:55:09 AM »
Going to go warn my Penn St pal
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: April 21, 2022, 01:19:10 PM »
If he's committed and healthy he's 100% a high major player.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 21, 2022, 03:45:23 PM »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon