Author Topic: Possible oscar Weber Replacements Thread  (Read 33938 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: Possible oscar Weber Replacements Thread
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2022, 03:29:42 PM »
Wildcard to watch:
Todd Golden

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2022, 03:59:04 PM »
Outside of his auburn ties what do you like about this dude
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2022, 04:39:16 PM »
He has the right style for KSU.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2022, 05:29:12 PM »
Eric Henderson's South Dakota State teams play fast and win with efficient offense. He learned under TJ Otzelberger at SDSU. There is a Dakota connection. His teams don't seem to play much defense tho.

Dunno about his recruiting.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2022, 05:32:13 PM »
He has the right style for KSU.

What style is that?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2022, 05:33:53 PM »
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2022, 05:44:18 PM »
I'm in for Kim English although I have no idea how good he's been as a coach.  I just like the guy.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2022, 05:56:00 PM »
Imagine the recruiting powerhouse he would assemble here
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2022, 06:01:27 PM »
we should keep oscar weber.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2022, 06:51:47 PM »
Darian DeVries
Nico Medved
Kim English

I've seen Nico Medved mentioned several times.  As far as I can tell he is barely above .500 overall and has never sniffed an NCAA tournament.  What's so great about this guy?

Look at the programs he's gotten to .500. He's taken three bad jobs with no historical success and built those programs into tournament programs and he's recruited very well.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2022, 06:55:06 PM »
David Richman. Seriously.

If Gene wanted to do that he had several opportunities before this year. Richman hasn't been to the tournament in at least 5 years.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2022, 06:57:04 PM »

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2022, 09:20:17 PM »
Hire the dirtiest guy possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2022, 09:38:50 PM »
Here is a few  from an athletic article earlier this year on up and comers and retreads (link for those with a sub)

https://theathletic.com/2887254/2021/11/01/college-basketball-coaches-to-watch-in-2021-22-warming-seats-mid-majors-moving-up-assistants-on-the-cusp/?source=user_shared_article)

Eric Konkol, Louisiana Tech. The 44-year-old hasn’t had a losing season in six years in Ruston, and he’ll have one of the nation’s low-key best players in Kenneth Lofton Jr. this year. A nice setup to capture some spotlight.

Grant McCasland, North Texas. He’s 44, he’s not had a losing season in five years as a head coach, he’s led the Mean Green to a Conference USA regular-season title and tournament title in the last two seasons, respectively, he engineered a first-round upset of Purdue in March and that Baylor line on his resume looks better and better.

Niko Medved, Colorado State. If the Rams are indeed a top 25-ish outfit this year, that’ll clinch two strong rebuilds at Furman and Colorado State for Medved. That should be an attention-getter for a power-league school needing a jolt.

Roger Powell, Gonzaga. While Brian Michaelson is now the longest-tenured Mark Few aide and well-prepared himself, Powell is viewed internally as also perfectly ready for a head coach gig. Some recruiting wins lately just add to the allure.

Marvin Menzies, former UNLV coach. He’s not done yet, and even though his tenure in Las Vegas couldn’t withstand an administration change, he did lead New Mexico State to five NCAA Tournament bids.

Archie Miller, former Indiana coach. Does a year away prompt Miller to explore offensive innovation and be a little more tuned-in to relationship building with the modern college player? If so, a guy with one losing season as a coach is an intriguing option.

Sean Miller, former Arizona coach. Once there’s clarity from the NCAA — and goodness knows that could happen anytime between next month and the apocalypse — someone will employ Sean Miller (career winning percentage of .730) again.

Steve Prohm, former Iowa State coach. Results the last two seasons were … not great. But Prohm banked enough wins previously in Ames and at Murray State to cut the profile of a guy who gets another opportunity at a mid-major.

Steve Wojciechowski, former Marquette coach. He won 57 percent of his games with the Golden Eagles but dipped to sub-.500 finishes in the Big East the last two seasons. Wojciechowski will get refreshed this season and might be a coach who really thrives in a second job with a clean slate.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2022, 09:50:04 PM »
mike beasley

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2022, 09:56:39 PM »
I don't think our program is ready for Kim yet. We need to get the car started before we can hand the keys to Dale Jr

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2022, 10:04:18 PM »
:adios:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2022, 10:17:05 PM »
Can we get a coach through The Portal? Or is that a "players only" thing?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2022, 10:38:30 PM »
Here is a few  from an athletic article earlier this year on up and comers and retreads (link for those with a sub)

https://theathletic.com/2887254/2021/11/01/college-basketball-coaches-to-watch-in-2021-22-warming-seats-mid-majors-moving-up-assistants-on-the-cusp/?source=user_shared_article)

Eric Konkol, Louisiana Tech. The 44-year-old hasn’t had a losing season in six years in Ruston, and he’ll have one of the nation’s low-key best players in Kenneth Lofton Jr. this year. A nice setup to capture some spotlight.

Grant McCasland, North Texas. He’s 44, he’s not had a losing season in five years as a head coach, he’s led the Mean Green to a Conference USA regular-season title and tournament title in the last two seasons, respectively, he engineered a first-round upset of Purdue in March and that Baylor line on his resume looks better and better.

Niko Medved, Colorado State. If the Rams are indeed a top 25-ish outfit this year, that’ll clinch two strong rebuilds at Furman and Colorado State for Medved. That should be an attention-getter for a power-league school needing a jolt.

Roger Powell, Gonzaga. While Brian Michaelson is now the longest-tenured Mark Few aide and well-prepared himself, Powell is viewed internally as also perfectly ready for a head coach gig. Some recruiting wins lately just add to the allure.

Marvin Menzies, former UNLV coach. He’s not done yet, and even though his tenure in Las Vegas couldn’t withstand an administration change, he did lead New Mexico State to five NCAA Tournament bids.

Archie Miller, former Indiana coach. Does a year away prompt Miller to explore offensive innovation and be a little more tuned-in to relationship building with the modern college player? If so, a guy with one losing season as a coach is an intriguing option.

Sean Miller, former Arizona coach. Once there’s clarity from the NCAA — and goodness knows that could happen anytime between next month and the apocalypse — someone will employ Sean Miller (career winning percentage of .730) again.

Steve Prohm, former Iowa State coach. Results the last two seasons were … not great. But Prohm banked enough wins previously in Ames and at Murray State to cut the profile of a guy who gets another opportunity at a mid-major.

Steve Wojciechowski, former Marquette coach. He won 57 percent of his games with the Golden Eagles but dipped to sub-.500 finishes in the Big East the last two seasons. Wojciechowski will get refreshed this season and might be a coach who really thrives in a second job with a clean slate.

After Medved this list is ass. It's still very possible that Miller could get a show cause.

If we get a retread like Wojo I'm gonna lose my crap.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2022, 12:18:54 AM »
Hire the dirtiest guy possible.

I refuse to believe we couldn’t woo Kelvin Sampson away from Houston. He’ll be in the big12 in the next couple years anyway, might as well be in lavender with a firm assurance from gene that the athletic department will be relentless and unflinching when it comes to turning a blind eye and looking the other way

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2022, 12:39:30 AM »
He's older than oscar, homeboy will be 67 at the start of next season.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2022, 06:13:48 AM »

Would take if he gets his crap straight

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2022, 12:07:35 PM »
We've hired four coaches this century and three of the four (Wooly, Huggins, Oscar) were retreads.

Time to bring Mark Fox home.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2022, 12:39:17 PM »
No

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile