Author Topic: Supreme Court Cases Thread  (Read 35015 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Court Cases Thread
« Reply #500 on: June 25, 2022, 10:33:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/yahoonews/status/1540831492188020736?s=21&t=FNZ8NZivo2D_dYuZ0anWzw

Can’t wait for the Catholic civil war

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 25, 2022, 10:38:26 PM »
Nobody is voting Democrat in November. We’re going through the worst economy oat and Biden/Obama had a chance to change the Supreme Court, but chose against it. Why do you think voting is the answer? It’s far from it.

What is the answer?
Not Biden. Not Trump. I hate this question, because Dems ran with it when they had a great economy in front of them and chose to ignore it for less mean tweets. They literally don’t speak about the WRPOAT and think everything is fine. Or try to act like it.

just because u are nearly broke after spending $50K defying God's Will doesn't mean that the Economy is the only issue that matters to everyone else

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 25, 2022, 10:40:07 PM »
https://twitter.com/yahoonews/status/1540831492188020736?s=21&t=FNZ8NZivo2D_dYuZ0anWzw

My mom already started calling him Poop Francis after the first libtard thing he said. Can't remember what it was, but it was probably about accepting gays and/or immigrants.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 25, 2022, 10:40:15 PM »
Nobody is voting Democrat in November. We’re going through the worst economy oat and Biden/Obama had a chance to change the Supreme Court, but chose against it. Why do you think voting is the answer? It’s far from it.

And enlighten me exactly how Obama/Biden could have changed the Supreme Court given the current numbers and nuances of the senate. I’m all ears.

Pack a lunch SB and I hope you enjoy eating crow bc you're about to be taken to school by someone who definitely knows what hes talking about. Embarrassed for you in advance
Get RBG to retire and find a replacement under their realm, I don’t know tho. I might be crazy!

well that seems simple enough...crazy some of the best political minds in the nation didn't  think of that for 3+ years

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 25, 2022, 10:47:58 PM »

My mom already started calling him Poop Francis after the first libtard thing he said. Can't remember what it was, but it was probably about accepting gays and/or immigrants.
lol

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 25, 2022, 10:50:05 PM »

What is the answer?
Not Biden. Not Trump. I hate this question, because Dems ran with it when they had a great economy in front of them and chose to ignore it for less mean tweets. They literally don’t speak about the WRPOAT and think everything is fine. Or try to act like it.

just because u are nearly broke after spending $50K defying God's Will doesn't mean that the Economy is the only issue that matters to everyone else
JFC

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 25, 2022, 10:51:21 PM »
You guys remember that time Republicans blocked Obama's S.C. nominee a full 10.5 months before the election, thus allowing Trump to appoint Gorsuch, and then rammed Coney Barrett through the confirmation process less than a month before the next election? What a knee slapper.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 25, 2022, 10:51:26 PM »

And enlighten me exactly how Obama/Biden could have changed the Supreme Court given the current numbers and nuances of the senate. I’m all ears.

Pack a lunch SB and I hope you enjoy eating crow bc you're about to be taken to school by someone who definitely knows what hes talking about. Embarrassed for you in advance
Get RBG to retire and find a replacement under their realm, I don’t know tho. I might be crazy!

well that seems simple enough...crazy some of the best political minds in the nation didn't  think of that for 3+ years
They had an easy layup and chose to pass. Sorry!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 25, 2022, 11:02:05 PM »
@chom try harder blocking me and not acting like it’s about politics. Internet Explorer doesn’t care about your interface. Try harder with Tapatalk. I’m just literally trying to help you out.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 26, 2022, 09:02:55 AM »

There are a few Catholics I know that hate Francis, I'm glad my mom left the Church a long time ago (she was always way too lib to handle the hardcore dogmatic stuff).

While were here, there are 3 types of Catholics imo, those who are hardcore, those who pay lip service to that hardcore but secretly hate the hardcore, and those both those two groups like to turn up their noses at (the black sheep of the church). Only 1 of those 3 groups (hardcore) was dancing Friday.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: June 26, 2022, 09:22:27 AM »
FWIW - I’m Catholic and, while I disagree with Pope Francis regarding some Catholic nerd stuff, I agree with the quotes from the article.  The tweets make it sound like the Vatican is suggesting that Catholics ought to be concerned with the other issues to the exclusion of abortion - which is not how I read the quotes at all.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 26, 2022, 09:23:09 AM »

There are a few Catholics I know that hate Francis, I'm glad my mom left the Church a long time ago (she was always way too lib to handle the hardcore dogmatic stuff).

While were here, there are 3 types of Catholics imo, those who are hardcore, those who pay lip service to that hardcore but secretly hate the hardcore, and those both those two groups like to turn up their noses at (the black sheep of the church). Only 1 of those 3 groups (hardcore) was dancing Friday.

Which of the 3 has the tee shirt Catholics? Typical indicators include:
*Notre Dame football fans bc, you know
*Devout observation of Lent (mostly bc they want some attention for their martyrdom)
*Knows all of the responses during mass and when to give them and is kind of smug about it
*Has not made double-digit appearances in church in any given 12 month period since they were kids (unless you count Catholic weddings, and they absolutely count them)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 26, 2022, 09:32:09 AM »
I kinda hope Clarance Thomas does get them to readdress other cases. Piss off the entire left and center leaning conservatives. Get them all good and fired up.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 26, 2022, 09:35:46 AM »
Here’s another one that obviously isn’t getting the headlines as Roe v Wade, but more police protections?

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court ruled in Vega v. Tekoh today that a person cannot sue a police officer under federal civil rights laws for violating their Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination by failing to provide a Miranda warning

it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 26, 2022, 09:39:12 AM »
I kinda hope Clarance Thomas does get them to readdress other cases. Piss off the entire left and center leaning conservatives. Get them all good and fired up.
Hoping for the scorched earth approach?

it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 26, 2022, 09:44:53 AM »
FWIW - I’m Catholic and, while I disagree with Pope Francis regarding some Catholic nerd stuff, I agree with the quotes from the article.  The tweets make it sound like the Vatican is suggesting that Catholics ought to be concerned with the other issues to the exclusion of abortion - which is not how I read the quotes at all.
Isn’t the thing that makes Catholics Catholic that they believe the pope is always right on matters of doctrine?

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 26, 2022, 09:48:08 AM »
Here’s another one that obviously isn’t getting the headlines as Roe v Wade, but more police protections?

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court ruled in Vega v. Tekoh today that a person cannot sue a police officer under federal civil rights laws for violating their Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination by failing to provide a Miranda warning

I saw that but I'm not sure I understand the implications. In criminal court if you are not mirandized then whatever you say is inadmissible but I'm not sure what sort of civil remedy you would seek. What damages are being sought?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 26, 2022, 09:49:58 AM »
Agreed.  I always thought Miranda was just an evidentiary issue.  I haven’t read the opinion though.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 26, 2022, 10:05:12 AM »

It’s the only way.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 26, 2022, 10:07:24 AM »
!!!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 26, 2022, 10:14:54 AM »
Man, libs hate religion so hard!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 26, 2022, 10:18:54 AM »
Isn’t the thing that makes Catholics Catholic that they believe the pope is always right on matters of doctrine?
Lol, no.  Aside from your post being reductive about “what makes Catholics Catholic,” infallibility is a bit more complicated than that.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 10:22:55 AM by DQ12 »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 26, 2022, 10:24:23 AM »
Papal infallibility

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 26, 2022, 10:25:00 AM »

It’s the only way.

Trump was supposed to be about burning it down. Didn’t end up well.

Political chaos allows those with power and money to take advantage and strengthen their position.  I am tired of emotion first politics. It’s been an exhausting run since trump won his first primary and our country is paying for it in the loss of important political norms, a hard shift of the Overton window in a crap ton of ways, and a complete miss on any actual legislation opportunity when we desperately need it on a bajillion fronts. We are all losing.  Every single one of us. No one is governing any longer. We are all just kicking at each other’s balls.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 26, 2022, 10:27:37 AM »

You know what really rough ridin' sucks?  The fact that anyone that isn’t catholic should have to be concerned in any single rough ridin' way what the rough ridin' pope thinks when it comes to governance, legislation, or judicial precedent while living in the country born of the need of religious freedom. That really rough ridin' sucks.