Author Topic: Thread for laughing at OU  (Read 14334 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for laughing at OU
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2022, 12:50:24 AM »
I think you can read any heinous quote out loud so long as it isn't your thoughts.

You should try that at work today, let us know how it goes. May I type the words you read? Please attribute them to MakeItRain.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2022, 06:34:00 AM »
Sounds similar to a local coach who got fired after he “repeated rap lyrics” that kids were listening to before a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2022, 09:22:28 AM »
I think you can read any heinous quote out loud so long as it isn't your thoughts.

You should try that at work today, let us know how it goes. May I type the words you read? Please attribute them to MakeItRain.
Didn't think it needed said but obviously context matters. You can read out of Mein Kampf in front of Jewish people if you're in a Dictatorship 101 classroom, but not a good idea on a street corner.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2022, 11:43:24 AM »

Didn't think it needed said but obviously context matters. You can read out of Mein Kampf in front of Jewish people if you're in a Dictatorship 101 classroom, but not a good idea on a street corner.

There are also different types of jobs/workplace environments. I guarantee you there's a lot of stuff I say at my job/to my coworkers and boss that would get 90% of the workforce fired. However, racist language or slurs shouldn't be tolerated.

Seems like this a gray area, would be a tough call as a boss or administrator to make. Seems like the players aren't very happy with the outcome. He shouldn't have said it, shouldn't be reading aloud what's on a grown mans ipad, that's elementary school behavior. Do I think he should lose his job over it? I'm on the fence.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2022, 11:49:34 AM »
What if he did all this on purpose so he could force himself to resign?  It's his quick way out of the Venables sinking ship.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2022, 11:55:30 AM »

I think Mr Gundy likely found himself in the equivalent of your metaphorical street corner.  Not sure what scenario would allow him to survive saying what he did but maybe there is one.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2022, 11:59:03 AM »
What if he did all this on purpose so he could force himself to resign?  It's his quick way out of the Venables sinking ship.

I was thinking the same thing.  On an anecdotal level it sounds like many of the players don't want him to quit. 

Who knows.  :dunno:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2022, 12:21:08 PM »

I think Mr Gundy likely found himself in the equivalent of your metaphorical street corner.  Not sure what scenario would allow him to survive saying what he did but maybe there is one.
Which is why I called him a dumbass
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2022, 12:27:15 PM »
didn't Gary Patterson do the same thing?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2022, 02:11:57 PM »

For the record, I don't buy his story, as told. I don't understand why, if this happened he was fired late on a Sunday night, days after it happened.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2022, 02:15:10 PM »

For the record, I don't buy his story, as told. I don't understand why, if this happened he was fired late on a Sunday night, days after it happened.
I don't know how it coming out late on sunday night impacts anything either way.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2022, 02:21:17 PM »

I don't know how it coming out late on sunday night impacts anything either way.

It's not when it came out, it's was when he was fired. He did this, and supposedly continued to work for a few days, then was fired? There's more to the story.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2022, 02:45:03 PM »
Brent told him to GTFOOH

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 08, 2022, 02:45:35 PM »
MakeItRain would have a heck of a day browsing the twitter and Facebook comments of all the inbred Sooner fans who want Gundy to stay and to get rid of ‘that boy’

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2022, 02:45:56 PM »
Brent told him to GTFOOH

Higher

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 08, 2022, 03:01:46 PM »
Dude said it more than once? yikes. 
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 08, 2022, 03:07:50 PM »
Hope Venzy doesn’t steal Thad

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2022, 03:17:50 PM »

Yeah, this changes the story quite a bit.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2022, 03:21:17 PM »

Yeah, this changes the story quite a bit.

Yeah, his apology statement where he seemed to suggest that he was like Ron Burgundy and reads things without processing the meaning was more than a little sus (just trying out sus, and not super comfortable saying that yet).

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2022, 03:24:28 PM »
His daughter sent a cryptic tweet about a cover up and then deleted it.  Would be a shame if this incident fractured OU football.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2022, 03:25:04 PM »
What a dummy

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 08, 2022, 04:09:05 PM »
Cale Gundy ain't cut from that Tom Brady cloth.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 08, 2022, 04:26:18 PM »
cat gundy looks like oklahoma’s best attempt at a kardashian

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.