Author Topic: Beto is back!  (Read 4553 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Beto is back!
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2022, 03:14:55 PM »
It's all about the style points for Beto.

#blueanon clings to the style points and needs to feel like someone is doing something.   A committee, a working group, somebody writing a paper, an emotional outburst that solves nothing.  That's what #blueanon thrives on.   For Beto it was about suburban mom votes, and rallying the base.   If he's elected, he'll go to DC and talk a lot and do nothing.   There's just as many blow hard do nothings on the right as well.   

it was a yes/no question

Sure I agree, and that response will have solved about as much as Beto O'Rouke  will solve relative to this issue if he's elected.

i guess i don't understand focusing on the fact that he's grandstanding if you think his point is correct and there are 19 dead children

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2022, 03:35:46 PM »
this guy is also not a fan of grandstanding

I won't stand for this kind of ableist humour.

When that boomer yelled "sit down" I thought that was an insensitive thing to say. That dude was also using a cane and cussing like a rough ridin' idiot.

supposedly that was the mayor of Uvalde

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2022, 03:36:37 PM »
this guy is also not a fan of grandstanding

I won't stand for this kind of ableist humour.

When that boomer yelled "sit down" I thought that was an insensitive thing to say. That dude was also using a cane and cussing like a rough ridin' idiot.

supposedly that was the mayor of Uvalde

woof

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2022, 03:38:48 PM »
The birthplace of Matthew McConnaughey (sp?) folks.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2022, 03:40:30 PM »
i endorse this.  as political theater, it would be an inspired move.

https://twitter.com/billscher/status/1529539969483689986
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2022, 03:44:34 PM »

#blueanon clings to the style points and needs to feel like someone is doing something.   A committee, a working group, somebody writing a paper, an emotional outburst that solves nothing.  That's what #blueanon thrives on.   For Beto it was about suburban mom votes, and rallying the base.   If he's elected, he'll go to DC and talk a lot and do nothing.   There's just as many blow hard do nothings on the right as well.   

it was a yes/no question

Sure I agree, and that response will have solved about as much as Beto O'Rouke  will solve relative to this issue if he's elected.

i guess i don't understand focusing on the fact that he's grandstanding if you think his point is correct and there are 19 dead children

I guess I don't understand why someone actually believes Beto O'Rourke was trying to accomplish anything besides get voters to be elected to an office where it's highly unlikely he will do anything of substance to fix the problem.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2022, 03:49:30 PM »

it was a yes/no question

I guess I don't understand why someone actually believes Beto O'Rourke was trying to accomplish anything besides get voters to be elected to an office where it's highly unlikely he will do anything of substance to fix the problem.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2022, 03:56:51 PM »

That would be awesome

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2022, 04:12:44 PM »
i don't usually agree with the gop, but in this case i think they're absolutely correct. the focus shouldn't be on guns. it should be on mental health. And since your ability to receive mental health care and services depends on you having a job then i just think and pray that those folks are in a position to take time off work to tend to their mental health. I think 99% of americans would agree...especially those who might be feeling stressed at work either because they are worried that they might get laid off or they are stretched too thin...there is always time to take time off to get the help you need. Luckily, the unemployed are probably the most mentally stable members of society b/c you don't have to stress over work if you don't have a job! So the folks that don't have access to mental health care are also the ones least likely to need it, so you see it really all kinda works out. let's ignore the grandstanding and stay focused, you guys.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2022, 04:14:15 PM »
i don't usually agree with the gop, but in this case i think they're absolutely correct. the focus shouldn't be on guns. it should be on mental health. And since your ability to receive mental health care and services depends on you having a job then i just think and pray that those folks are in a position to take time off work to tend to their mental health. I think 99% of americans would agree...especially those who might be feeling stressed at work either because they are worried that they might get laid off or they are stretched too thin...there is always time to take time off to get the help you need. Luckily, the unemployed are probably the most mentally stable members of society b/c you don't have to stress over work if you don't have a job! So the folks that don't have access to mental health care are also the ones least likely to need it, so you see it really all kinda works out. let's ignore the grandstanding and stay focused, you guys.

the usa is not an outlier on mental health, it is not an outlier on violence in video games/movies. it is an outlier on guns.

how do you square this with "we should focus on mental health"

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2022, 04:24:17 PM »

the usa is not an outlier on mental health, it is not an outlier on violence in video games/movies. it is an outlier on guns.

sorry tater my previous post was so dripping with sarcasm that it dripped down directly below onto your post and smeared all the letters and i am unable to read what you asked

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2022, 04:55:05 PM »
 :rolleyes:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2022, 05:16:15 PM »

sorry tater my previous post was so dripping with sarcasm that it dripped down directly below onto your post and smeared all the letters and i am unable to read what you asked
crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2022, 06:20:23 PM »

That would be awesome

Then he would repeal the law about 15 minutes later. Or he could just wait 30 minutes for a Texas judge to shut the law down then see strike upheld in appellate court, the Texas supreme court, and the US supreme court.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2022, 09:11:03 PM »
Beto is cringe

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2022, 09:12:25 PM »
Beto is cringe

I don't really like him either, but versus Abbott, well ....

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2022, 09:14:14 PM »
I hate Abbott too but I take him and his power seriously. Beto is a loser and cannot be the response to Texas Republicans.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2022, 09:25:55 PM »
I hate Abbott too but I take him and his power seriously. Beto is a loser and cannot be the response to Texas Republicans.

So, more of a McConaughey (sp?) guy?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2022, 09:33:54 PM »

vibes are a powerful weapon

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2022, 09:46:06 PM »

vibes are a powerful weapon

Would you vote for this fellow?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2022, 09:50:10 PM »
Holy crap. That dude is made of like 95% vibes. One of the most vibe-ing dudes I've ever seen.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2022, 09:55:40 PM »
Holy crap. That dude is made of like 95% vibes. One of the most vibe-ing dudes I've ever seen.

Strong dad vibes, too. STRONG.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2022, 11:12:04 PM »
Guys, you're missing the obvious he's wearing a "man purse".  :horrorsurprise:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2022, 08:20:46 AM »
Pretty sure that's a fanny pack for a MAGA sized man.