Author Topic: Sooner game thread  (Read 7292 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Sooner game thread
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2021, 07:58:11 PM »
Alright, let's switch over to FS1 and watch the hawks SHOCK THE WORLD.
That would be awesome and make my day

Spracne is either a masochist or just loves to see pain. 35/0  :ROFL:

Yeah, you'll have to ask my liver about that one.

Ah!  Drinking away the pain.  It has to be hard to take pride in the FB side of KU; but didn't they have midnight madness last night?
FB is a very short season in Lawrence.  :cheers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2021, 08:01:33 PM »

Ah!  Drinking away the pain.  It has to be hard to take pride in the FB side of KU; but didn't they have midnight madness last night?

Meh, it's just sports. Unless you're competing for #1. But otherwise, it's just sports.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2021, 08:43:40 PM »

Meh, it's just sports. Unless you're competing for #1. But otherwise, it's just sports.
Yea, and we're probably out of it after tonight's loss.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2021, 08:46:15 PM »
I think today was more of a positive than a negative, but idk
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 02, 2021, 09:14:32 PM »
People, Spracs is a good guy. End of story. Treat him like a family member. He’s not a normal squawk.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2021, 10:12:57 PM »
Defense needed one four and out, in addition to the TOs. Just one.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 10:28:00 PM by EMAWzifried »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2021, 02:56:35 AM »
The third down defense was as infuriating as anything I've seen minus Will Howard quarterback play. They were 4-6 after the third quarter. They finished 4-7 and all three stops still resorted in made field goals.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2021, 06:02:39 AM »
Huddling on the last drive might be the angriest I’ve been in the stadium in 10+ years. I don’t understand repeatedly going for it on 4th down, then becoming a complete coward in the 4th & trying to make the loss closer. I thought I’d never have to see that again like 2012 Baylor with Bill retired, but we’re back to this bullshit type of coaching decisions again.

Also, with Boom now hurt we’re screwed. DE depth is toast. Trussell is horrible against the run. ISU is going to run Hall at him all day.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 06:06:32 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2021, 07:53:59 AM »
The third down defense was as infuriating as anything I've seen minus Will Howard quarterback play. They were 4-6 after the third quarter. They finished 4-7 and all three stops still resorted in made field goals.

The first and last field goal drives resulted in a net of 6 total yards combined. First drive was the jacardia fumble and last was after the second failed onside kick.   They certainly had multiple long drives against us that were tough to watch but those 6 points were inevitable.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2021, 09:24:39 AM »
Defense needed one four and out, in addition to the TOs. Just one.

Well they did have one TO...
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2021, 10:54:24 AM »

The first and last field goal drives resulted in a net of 6 total yards combined. First drive was the jacardia fumble and last was after the second failed onside kick.   They certainly had multiple long drives against us that were tough to watch but those 6 points were inevitable.

Yeah it's exactly why it was so hard to watch. I know our defense was designed to prevent big plays, keep them on the field, bleed the clock, and make Rattler have to make more plays to score. But damn, we couldn't get one stop with them in the middle of the field? Not one?  :curse:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2021, 11:17:22 AM »

Yeah it's exactly why it was so hard to watch. I know our defense was designed to prevent big plays, keep them on the field, bleed the clock, and make Rattler have to make more plays to score. But damn, we couldn't get one stop with them in the middle of the field? Not one?  :curse:

Hopefully Klanderman gets it right with a bye week before the ‘geddon.  We need much better play from the LB’s.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2021, 04:57:29 PM »
I noticed on Twitter people were pissed at the 3rd quarter crowd...So I don't normally go to the concession stand at half but did yesterday. It's so rough ridin' slow. When the second half started, lines for all the concession stands on the east side were backed clear up. I don't think selling beer in the stadium is going to make the 3rd quarter crowd showings any better. I didn't realize how slow our concession stands are.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2021, 05:32:00 PM »
I noticed on Twitter people were pissed at the 3rd quarter crowd...So I don't normally go to the concession stand at half but did yesterday. It's so rough ridin' slow. When the second half started, lines for all the concession stands on the east side were backed clear up. I don't think selling beer in the stadium is going to make the 3rd quarter crowd showings any better. I didn't realize how slow our concession stands are.

I said this on Twitter yesterday & have had a few arguments about it in the past month. Yesterday I left my seat with 0:01 on the clock with the guy next to me. We walked down together & he got in line on the east side & I went out to my car. I hit the 6-man urinal in the grass lot, had a brat, a marg & chatted with Phil for 5 minutes. I came back inside & was in my seat by kickoff. He wasn’t back until 3:00 into the 3rd & came straight back up from the concessions then had to leave again to pee. Ending passouts will just make the east side a giant cluster halftime. I think the west side maybe better from my time in section 2, but I’m not sure.

I haven’t hit the concession stands besides the tables on the east upper deck in 4-6 years, but I wonder if they still bring in outside groups to run the stands as a fundraiser.

KCFD was saying he thinks they can knock out beers at a much faster rate if they do it right with minimal investment. If he’s right, so for it, but they are also going to have to invest in a lot more trained staff for just the food stands. The first game my dad & I just walked around to go look at the stands under Shamrock. We stood for a few minutes just looking at the menus & the lines didn’t move. I know the concession stands were just a space filler in the base of the premium seating, but I’m still amazed they put nice concessions in there then put the bare minimum into running them
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 05:37:49 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2021, 06:26:04 PM »

I said this on Twitter yesterday & have had a few arguments about it in the past month. Yesterday I left my seat with 0:01 on the clock with the guy next to me. We walked down together & he got in line on the east side & I went out to my car. I hit the 6-man urinal in the grass lot, had a brat, a marg & chatted with Phil for 5 minutes. I came back inside & was in my seat by kickoff. He wasn’t back until 3:00 into the 3rd & came straight back up from the concessions then had to leave again to pee. Ending passouts will just make the east side a giant cluster halftime. I think the west side maybe better from my time in section 2, but I’m not sure.

I haven’t hit the concession stands besides the tables on the east upper deck in 4-6 years, but I wonder if they still bring in outside groups to run the stands as a fundraiser.

KCFD was saying he thinks they can knock out beers at a much faster rate if they do it right with minimal investment. If he’s right, so for it, but they are also going to have to invest in a lot more trained staff for just the food stands. The first game my dad & I just walked around to go look at the stands under Shamrock. We stood for a few minutes just looking at the menus & the lines didn’t move. I know the concession stands were just a space filler in the base of the premium seating, but I’m still amazed they put nice concessions in there then put the bare minimum into running them

Yeah tbh I haven't gone to a concession stand at BSFS for probably 10 years so I have no idea how fast/slow they are. seems like they're pretty slow, and IMO that situation needs to be fixed before any talk of selling beer and ending pass-outs.

A competent food management company should definitely be able to serve a stadium of that size without much issue though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2021, 09:30:15 PM »
The first two games the west side concessions were incredibly slow and they ran out of everything very quickly. Yesterday was great. The speed on the west side was much better. They are dealing with staffing shortages too.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2021, 12:05:24 PM »
I have done a 180 on pass outs.

I believe Gene needs to keep the pass outs and serve beer throughout the whole stadium.

I would also suggest trying to modify the newest indoor facility to add a portion that provides even more amenities on the upper level.

As K-State football firmly settles into the mediocrity, Gene needs to ensure that BSFS is as accommodating to the fans and social gathering aspects of K-State football as much as possible.    The newest indoor facility needs to be open throughout the pre-game/game/post game for those that want to step away but don't want to go their car, and set up to support gatherings for beers, watching of other games and of course plenty of grilled items like brats and staples like pizza.   

IMO a festive social gathering atmosphere will be paramount to ensuring 80% to 90% capacity throughout the coming football seasons.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 04, 2021, 07:53:46 PM »

Yeah, leaving the middle wide open on multiple 3rd & longs made me want to pull my hair out. It was absolutely the back-breaker of the game. Very frustrating.

Very optimistic for the season nonetheless. I think we can play with (and beat) almost anyone w/ a healthy Thompson.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2021, 04:08:01 AM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2021, 06:50:47 AM »
I've said it before, but replay is dumb and I hate it.