Author Topic: The old board ...  (Read 33726 times)

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: The old board ...
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 09:59:48 PM »
http://www.ksufans.com/forums/index.php?topic=50113.0

this was pretty good.
:peek:

Did you see how I wanted to know where everyone went...... and no one threw me a line for days.... :runaway:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2010, 10:31:29 PM »
Thinking of being a total dick just to get ip banned from the old board, you know go out with guns blazing type thing.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 10:34:23 PM »
Thinking of being a total dick just to get ip banned from the old board, you know go out with guns blazing type thing.

It's pretty fun.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 10:35:59 PM »

It's pretty fun.

Anyone doing wacky stuff should get a screenshot of said stuff and/or the result so us bastard stepchildren can see it.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 10:37:03 PM »

It's pretty fun.

need to come up with something good, maybe drag keitzman into the whole thing.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 10:48:12 PM »
alright here it is. New sig pic at the old place will be a photo of keiztman with one of those cartoon talking bubble things stating, "Wanna get the band back together? Then visit goEMAW.com. Were everybody knows your name, and you get your coolers." Then I'll just randomly mention in several threads how the board now sucks.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 01:49:25 AM »
Make sure you spell 'where' right. And man that place does suck. The best poster there is like royalswild  :blindfold:

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 02:30:52 AM »
Make sure you spell 'where' right. And man that place does suck. The best poster there is like royalswild  :blindfold:
that kid is fuckin stupid

cyclist

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 08:23:18 AM »
I realize that most of you now posting on this site have either had issues with Terry and how he and MJ have run KSUFans.com or you are here because you have heard there is a new site that is more true to the concept that KSUFans.com had from the beginning and you think it (KSUFans) has strayed.  Sites do change over time and I guess many of you didn't like the path it (KSUFans) was taking. 

I'm not here to argue nor convince anyone one way or the other.  I think this is a nice site and I like many of the posters who do post over here.  In fact I harbor no ill to the owners and I hope you feel that same way about me.  If I have pissed you off by adminning over there, well, I'm sorry, but I tried and will continue to try to moderate as best as I can.

One thing I'd like to mention is that you had the chance to make KSUFans.com be or retain what you want/wanted it to be.  In April, 2008, MJ decided he wanted to sell the site.  Saul tried to raise the $ 2,500 and I, myself, contributed $ 250 to that end.  Well, as most of you know, that fell way short and MJ was able to sell the site to Terry Pierce.  Say what you want, but not enough folks wished to donate to that cause and websites don't run for free.  So here we are.

Correct me, add to this post, flame me, ban me, or whatever.   I'll post over here if allowed and try to be classless, but in a good way.

:cyclist:     :cyclist:     :cyclist:     :cyclist:   < ----- you 'classy' bastages still don't have my emoticon.   :curse:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 08:28:21 AM »
I realize that most of you now posting on this site have either had issues with Terry and how he and MJ have run KSUFans.com or you are here because you have heard there is a new site that is more true to the concept that KSUFans.com had from the beginning and you think it (KSUFans) has strayed.  Sites do change over time and I guess many of you didn't like the path it (KSUFans) was taking. 

I'm not here to argue nor convince anyone one way or the other.  I think this is a nice site and I like many of the posters who do post over here.  In fact I harbor no ill to the owners and I hope you feel that same way about me.  If I have pissed you off by adminning over there, well, I'm sorry, but I tried and will continue to try to moderate as best as I can.

One thing I'd like to mention is that you had the chance to make KSUFans.com be or retain what you want/wanted it to be.  In April, 2008, MJ decided he wanted to sell the site.  Saul tried to raise the $ 2,500 and I, myself, contributed $ 250 to that end.  Well, as most of you know, that fell way short and MJ was able to sell the site to Terry Pierce.  Say what you want, but not enough folks wished to donate to that cause and websites don't run for free.  So here we are.

Correct me, add to this post, flame me, ban me, or whatever.   I'll post over here if allowed and try to be classless, but in a good way.

:cyclist:     :cyclist:     :cyclist:     :cyclist:   < ----- you 'classy' bastages still don't have my emoticon.   :curse:

No worries.  Everyone from Fans is welcome here, I hope it's vice versa as well.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 08:31:06 AM »
One thing I'd like to mention is that you had the chance to make KSUFans.com be or retain what you want/wanted it to be.  In April, 2008, MJ decided he wanted to sell the site.  Saul tried to raise the $ 2,500 and I, myself, contributed $ 250 to that end.  Well, as most of you know, that fell way short and MJ was able to sell the site to Terry Pierce.  Say what you want, but not enough folks wished to donate to that cause and websites don't run for free.  So here we are.

This is a great point.  Not a day goes by that I don't kick myself (and I know this goes for a lot of people here) for not buying the place when we had a chance to save it.  Thanks for rubbing it in our faces cyclist  :curse:

also, nobody dislikes you bro

cyclist

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 08:35:32 AM »

This is a great point.  Not a day goes by that I don't kick myself (and I know this goes for a lot of people here) for not buying the place when we had a chance to save it.  Thanks for rubbing it in our faces cyclist  :curse:

also, nobody dislikes you bro

SD,

Thanks and not trying to rub it in at all. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2010, 08:37:06 AM »
SD,

Thanks and not trying to rub it in at all. 

I know

cyclist

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2010, 08:41:11 AM »

No worries.  Everyone from Fans is welcome here, I hope it's vice versa as well.

Well, as you guys know, several of you have been banned.  So, unfortunately, the feeling is not so mutual.  I really don't like that at all. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2010, 08:41:30 AM »
Maybe this is just me, but my issue with ksufans was that it was getting really lame.  In my estimation, that probably had a lot more to do with increased popularity than with who owned the site.  (For, the average KSU message board poster is a lot more like the average GPC poster than the average goEMAW poster.)  By the time MJ went to sell, things were likely already past the point of no return.

I enjoyed making fun of all the other boards when ksufans started up.  I now get to enjoy that again.

I'd rather see cyclist on goEMAW full time, but that's totally his choice.

cyclist

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2010, 08:46:57 AM »
Maybe this is just me, but my issue with ksufans was that it was getting really lame.  In my estimation, that probably had a lot more to do with increased popularity than with who owned the site.  (For, the average KSU message board poster is a lot more like the average GPC poster than the average goEMAW poster.)  By the time MJ went to sell, things were likely already past the point of no return.

I enjoyed making fun of all the other boards when ksufans started up.  I now get to enjoy that again.

I'd give you all a group hug, but then that would be

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2010, 08:49:12 AM »
I realize that most of you now posting on this site have either had issues with Terry and how he and MJ have run KSUFans.com or you are here because you have heard there is a new site that is more true to the concept that KSUFans.com had from the beginning and you think it (KSUFans) has strayed.  Sites do change over time and I guess many of you didn't like the path it (KSUFans) was taking.  

I'm not here to argue nor convince anyone one way or the other.  I think this is a nice site and I like many of the posters who do post over here.  In fact I harbor no ill to the owners and I hope you feel that same way about me.  If I have pissed you off by adminning over there, well, I'm sorry, but I tried and will continue to try to moderate as best as I can.

One thing I'd like to mention is that you had the chance to make KSUFans.com be or retain what you want/wanted it to be.  In April, 2008, MJ decided he wanted to sell the site.  Saul tried to raise the $ 2,500 and I, myself, contributed $ 250 to that end.  Well, as most of you know, that fell way short and MJ was able to sell the site to Terry Pierce.  Say what you want, but not enough folks wished to donate to that cause and websites don't run for free.  So here we are.

Correct me, add to this post, flame me, ban me, or whatever.   I'll post over here if allowed and try to be classless, but in a good way.

:cyclist:     :cyclist:     :cyclist:     :cyclist:   < ----- you 'classy' bastages still don't have my emoticon.   :curse:

No worries.  Everyone from Fans is welcome here, I hope it's vice versa as well.

Well, as you guys know, several of you have been banned.  So, unfortunately, the feeling is not so mutual.  I really don't like that at all.  
I'm guessing that it wasn't you that pulled the trigger. :fatty:

FTR, i'm still bitter about the $2,500.  I thought that was a ridiculous number back then and I still don't think it is worth that much coin.  I thought it was a slap in the face to the community.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2010, 09:00:15 AM »
FTR, i'm still bitter about the $2,500.  I thought that was a ridiculous number back then and I still don't think it is worth that much coin.  I thought it was a slap in the face to the community.

I would've contributed any amount had MJ ever demonstrated why the site was worth $2500 and what the costs would've been once the $2500 was ponied up.  Unfortunately, he never did.  Also unfortunately, I didn't personally know saul, sd, Pete, et al at that time who had the same thoughts as me and with whom we could've easily figured it out.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2010, 09:06:37 AM »

this is spot on...ksufans had gone over the ledge well before MJ tried to abscond the $2,500 from the board's users.   no reason to cry over spilt milk and not buying the site from MJ.   i'm sure this site will die an ugly death too, they all seem to over time, but we might as well enjoy it while it lasts.  at least it won't be handicapped by TP's mismanagment along its way.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

cyclist

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2010, 09:09:07 AM »
I realize that most of you now posting on this site have either had issues with Terry and how he and MJ have run KSUFans.com or you are here because you have heard there is a new site that is more true to the concept that KSUFans.com had from the beginning and you think it (KSUFans) has strayed.  Sites do change over time and I guess many of you didn't like the path it (KSUFans) was taking.  

I'm not here to argue nor convince anyone one way or the other.  I think this is a nice site and I like many of the posters who do post over here.  In fact I harbor no ill to the owners and I hope you feel that same way about me.  If I have pissed you off by adminning over there, well, I'm sorry, but I tried and will continue to try to moderate as best as I can.

Correct me, add to this post, flame me, ban me, or whatever.   I'll post over here if allowed and try to be classless, but in a good way.

:cyclist:     :cyclist:     :cyclist:     :cyclist:   < ----- you 'classy' bastages still don't have my emoticon.   :curse:

No worries.  Everyone from Fans is welcome here, I hope it's vice versa as well.

Well, as you guys know, several of you have been banned.  So, unfortunately, the feeling is not so mutual.  I really don't like that at all.  
I'm guessing that it wasn't you that pulled the trigger. :fatty:

FTR, i'm still bitter about the $2,500.  I thought that was a ridiculous number back then and I still don't think it is worth that much coin.  I thought it was a slap in the face to the community.

There are currently 100 some folks with Premium Membership.  At $5 a piece per month, that is $ 500 per month and it takes 5 months to pay the $ 2,500.  Of course there are other costs/expenses that have to be accounted for.  OTOH, I agree, $ 2,500 is too much if you are going to run it without charging for premium service.  Which is what you have on this site. 

I really hope that if or when the time comes to keep this site going, folks are willing to donate to the case.

And I didn't do the banning, but will admit that it wasn't done correctly (technical-wise, not moral-wise).   The ban list shows most of you who are banned as being banned on January 26th and January 29th.  Yet many of you could still post, etc.  I had to do one of those hard to do things, so I added the username triggers last night.    :facepalm:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2010, 09:13:03 AM »
The ban list shows most of you who are banned as being banned on January 26th and January 29th.  Yet many of you could still post, etc.  I had to do one of those hard to do things, so I added the username triggers last night.    :facepalm:

PPFFFFTTTTTT  :lol:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2010, 09:14:09 AM »
No problem, just don't ban my sock accounts. ^_^

cyclist

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2010, 09:20:30 AM »

I banned gbr.  Want it unbanned ?

:confused:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2010, 09:22:53 AM »

I banned gbr.  Want it unbanned ?

:confused:

Naw - I have another that i'm using.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2010, 09:23:08 AM »
And I didn't do the banning...I added the username triggers

You would have made a good Nazi gas chamber operator.  (j/k!)