Author Topic: Perkins Resigning  (Read 7080 times)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Perkins Resigning
« on: June 10, 2010, 03:38:12 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Perkins to resign at end of 2010-2011 school year
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 03:38:13 PM »
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/jun/10/kus-lew-perkins-set-resign-end-2010-2011-school-ye/

Kansas Athletic Director Lew Perkins is set to resign from Kansas University effective with the end of the 2010-2011 school years, sources have told the Lawrence Journal-World and KUsports.com.

Perkins came to KU in 2003 after Al Bohl was fired in a saga that led to Roy Williams bolting for North Carolina.

Perkins has overseen a dramatic increase in the athletic department's budget, but has recently become engulfed in a scandal over ticket sales and blackmail allegation.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Perkins Resigning
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »
http://bit.ly/bTIKKj

:surprised:

The  :surprised: part is that he is getting a year to GTFOOTheirF.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 03:40:40 PM »

Not a good time to be without an AD, you know

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 03:45:21 PM »
oh my. if four or five schools do get left out, we need to put lew in charge.  :excited:

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
Lew resigned.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 03:46:33 PM »
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 03:48:12 PM »
What was that about needing Lew Perkins more than ever?

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 03:48:52 PM »
Meltdown has begun on phog.
:thumbsup:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 03:49:15 PM »
I wonder who crushed his doves?

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 03:52:45 PM »
Perkins probably already has an offer to be the commish of the Big 5/MWC coalition.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 03:54:33 PM »
 :popcorn:

At the very least, this is a lot of fun.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 04:01:24 PM »

Yeah, that's why he's not resigning until next spring.

:dunno:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 04:02:12 PM »

Good luck with your lame duck AD, losers.   :lol:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 04:07:12 PM »
Kansas Athletics Director Lew Perkins has announced his retirement, effective September 4, 2011. With this announcement, Perkins released the following statement:

“I have loved my time here at the University of Kansas and I will continue leading Kansas Athletics over the course of the next year.
“At this time, my greatest priority is working on conference alignment issues, and as I’ve committed to the Chancellor, I will work tirelessly on these efforts. Conference alignment is the biggest challenge we have before us as an athletics department and an institution.
“I am very proud of the academic and athletic success of our student-athletes during my time at KU and I will forever treasure the friendships and experiences being a Jayhawk has brought.
“Our supporters are among the best across the nation and I could not be more pleased with how much we have accomplished together.
“Gwen and I are proud to call Lawrence home. We’ve talked over the past couple years about retirement, and with my 65th birthday this year, this is the right decision for us.
“After more than 40+ years in the athletics business I look forward to retiring next year, spending time with my wife, our children and grandchildren, as well as finding a little more time on the golf course.
“However, my work here is not done. Chancellor Gray-Little has my support as she chooses a new Athletics Director, and my commitment to make the transition as seamless as possible. We have a lot of work to do over the course of the next year and I am honored to do it.”
Perkins has served as Director of Athletics at the University of Kansas since June 2003. He arrived at KU after achieving nationally recognized success as athletics director at the University of Connecticut. In the summer of 2008 Perkins topped the public voting in TIME Magazine's online poll of the best sports executives in the world. He was the only college sports administrator to make TIME's list of 35 individuals, which included team owners, team managers, league commissioners and other executives from around the world.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 04:08:11 PM »
Ben has kicked into validation and affirmation overdrive.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 04:10:07 PM »
LOL @ KU fans already partaking in their same old ritual whenever somebody leaves their university. BASHING.

RCJBlog - This is what Lew Perkins does... he runs from conflict. He left UConn before the Big East broke apart. I'm not really surprised.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 04:13:08 PM by Pett »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 04:11:50 PM »
LOL @ KU fans already partaking in their same old ritual whenever somebody leaves their university...

RCJBlog - This is what Lew Perkins does... he runs from conflict. He left UConn before the Big East broke apart. I'm not really surprised.

They hated his ass at Maryland they hated his ass at Wichita State . . . after he killed their football program he ran out of there like his hair was on fire.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 04:13:32 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline iCat Pro

• Fan
  • some say... he only eats pickled vegetables
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 04:20:14 PM »
Kansas Athletics Director Lew Perkins has announced his retirement, effective September 4, 2011. With this announcement, Perkins released the following statement:

“I have loved my time here at the University of Kansas and I will continue leading Kansas Athletics over the course of the next year.
“At this time, my greatest priority is working on conference alignment issues, and as I’ve committed to the Chancellor, I will work tirelessly on these efforts. Conference alignment is the biggest challenge we have before us as an athletics department and an institution.
“I am very proud of the academic and athletic success of our student-athletes during my time at KU and I will forever treasure the friendships and experiences being a Jayhawk has brought.
“Our supporters are among the best across the nation and I could not be more pleased with how much we have accomplished together.
“Gwen and I are proud to call Lawrence home. We’ve talked over the past couple years about retirement, and with my 65th birthday this year, this is the right decision for us.
“After more than 40+ years in the athletics business I look forward to retiring next year, spending time with my wife, our children and grandchildren, as well as finding a little more time on the golf course.
“However, my work here is not done. Chancellor Gray-Little has my support as she chooses a new Athletics Director, and my commitment to make the transition as seamless as possible. We have a lot of work to do over the course of the next year and I am honored to do it.”
Perkins has served as Director of Athletics at the University of Kansas since June 2003. He arrived at KU after achieving nationally recognized success as athletics director at the University of Connecticut. In the summer of 2008 Perkins topped the public voting in TIME Magazine's online poll of the best sports executives in the world. He was the only college sports administrator to make TIME's list of 35 individuals, which included team owners, team managers, league commissioners and other executives from around the world
. I got my ass handed to me.  See ya.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 04:22:41 PM »

Good luck with your lame duck AD, losers.   :lol:

No kidding.  Raise your hand if you couldn't freakin' wait for Weefer's final year to run out.  Sheesh.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 04:29:26 PM »
LOL @ KU fans already partaking in their same old ritual whenever somebody leaves their university...

They hated his ass at Maryland they hated his ass at Wichita State . . . after he killed their football program he ran out of there like his hair was on fire.

He hired Gary Williams at Maryland and helped UConn football join Division 1. 

:jerk:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 04:31:19 PM »

First off I didn't say Uconn and I freaking live in ACC country and work with two guys who are long term Maryland alums, boosters etc. etc.   They hate Lew Perkins at Maryland. 

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 04:32:28 PM »
retired  :gocho:

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 04:34:59 PM »
More time with his family.   :thumbsup:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »
would be hillarious if Grey-Little fired his azz at her presser tonight  :crossfingers:

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 04:41:59 PM »

And he brought numerous NCAA sanctions to KU, then left!!! All while not knowing if KU would be a mid-major or not....