Author Topic: What was the Big 12's strategy to avoid possible dissolution?  (Read 1486 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
All but a few teams act like they want to keep the conference together.  Why did they stand pat rather than explore megaconference expansion themselves?  Did they merely sit back and hope for the best?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: What was the Big 12's strategy to avoid possible dissolution?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 07:03:52 AM »
I don't think anyone wanted to stay with the Big XII except ourselves, KU and ISU. Everyone else was trying to say all the right things publicly but were working behind the scenes to get a better slice for themselves.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 07:30:33 AM »
I don't think anyone wanted to stay with the Big XII except ourselves, KU and ISU. Everyone else was trying to say all the right things publicly but were working behind the scenes to get a better slice for themselves.

Texas is really all that matters.  And everyone seems to think that Texas is in a much stonger overall position in the Big 12 than in a Pac 16.  Where are they wrong?

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 09:05:59 AM »

Texas is really all that matters.  And everyone seems to think that Texas is in a much stonger overall position in the Big 12 than in a Pac 16.  Where are they wrong?

The talk of 2 separate PAC10 conferences seems to leave Texas in a place with plenty of power and in the same conference as all their south buddies.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 09:18:32 AM »
I hear we're collecting pennies and heading to the wishing well tomorrow morning.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 09:43:20 AM »

The talk of 2 separate PAC10 conferences seems to leave Texas in a place with plenty of power and in the same conference as all their south buddies.

So, the conference was just completely asleep at the wheel?  Another Weiser losing Huggins situation, huh?