Author Topic: critical race theory  (Read 12298 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: critical race theory
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2021, 07:25:32 PM »
I honestly was just trying to figure out what CRT was because I had read some stuff about it and was confused.  I didn't understand some parts of what I was reading about CRT and after reading I was also confused as to why it was so polarizing.  I HATE how divided everyone is on a lot of issues but especially this one.  And I HATE how easily scumbag politicians use this issue dishonestly to pander to their base.  I've often in the past dismissed things pretty quickly that I THINK I disagree with but I'd like to try to do better on that.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2021, 06:15:19 AM »
https://twitter.com/SeanCasten/status/1408795498530627584

That really long thread barely talks about CRT at all.  I'm actually disappointed and starting to agree with Kat Kid that it just means different things to different people.  There is no agreed upon definition.  Just another partisan issue that politicians can use to pander to their base, whether pro-CRT or anti-CRT.
That wasn’t exactly my point. My point is that some people are purposefully misinterpreting, but I also don’t think there is a universally agreed upon set of “facts” or something because it is just a theoretical framework for looking at history.

Wanting a black and white explanation of something with the word theory sitting right in the title seems like an intentional elevation of expectations.

The word "theory" actually would indicate that there should be a very black and white explanation.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2021, 06:42:33 AM »

That really long thread barely talks about CRT at all.  I'm actually disappointed and starting to agree with Kat Kid that it just means different things to different people.  There is no agreed upon definition.  Just another partisan issue that politicians can use to pander to their base, whether pro-CRT or anti-CRT.
That wasn’t exactly my point. My point is that some people are purposefully misinterpreting, but I also don’t think there is a universally agreed upon set of “facts” or something because it is just a theoretical framework for looking at history.

Wanting a black and white explanation of something with the word theory sitting right in the title seems like an intentional elevation of expectations.

The word "theory" actually would indicate that there should be a very black and white explanation.

the.o.ry
a: a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation
b: an unproved assumption : CONJECTURE
c: a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject

: the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art music theory

: abstract thought : SPECULATION

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2021, 08:11:15 AM »

We know what racism is, we know why it happens, all of this other stuff are just ways to soft sell racism and make people more comfortable, because if they're more comfortable they're more likely to be introspective. To that I say bullshit. Racism is a sledge hammer, it's a pipe bomb in a day care. You don't handle that with a velvet hammer or with diplomacy, time for that has long passed, it's not working.

I think there are a lot of bubble dwellers who don’t necessarily know what racism is. I mean, I know they have the general macro part down, but not the actual detail. There are a bunch of ppl in our country that haven’t had to acknowledge the detail because their bubble doesn’t require them to. Many of these ppl are being targeted by the Tucker Carlsons of the right and being made to think that being white inherently means your racist and that minorities want to enslave you and therefore they become emotional towards the topic.

I get what you are saying about taking the charge out of it, and I admit I can’t know how that feels, but imagine it feels unbelievably unfair and that it makes the discussion fall infinitely short of what it feels like it should be, but if we don’t take emotion out of it, aren’t we just going to all be yelling at each other?  Don’t we need to diffuse that and discuss cold facts to get actual long standing progress?  I ask as someone who wants that progress.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
critical race theory
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2021, 08:55:16 AM »
IMO they should call it something like “un-whitewashed history” or just “history”

When Pluto got kicked out of the solar system it’s not like they called it “dwarf planetary theory” or something. It was just “oops, guess we were looking at it wrong, update the textbooks plz”

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2021, 08:58:59 AM »

the.o.ry

: the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art music theory

The fact that it's being taught in schools would lend itself to definition c, no?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2021, 09:24:23 AM »
Isn't CRT born from the minds of some of the biggest White Euro lunatics in world history?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2021, 09:29:36 AM »
Isn't CRT born from the minds of some of the biggest White Euro lunatics in world history?

If your starting to be concerned where theories originate from, we have a lot of talking to do about the last 5 or 6 years.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2021, 09:45:01 AM »

If your starting to be concerned where theories originate from, we have a lot of talking to do about the last 5 or 6 years.

Concerned?

Your post is a total nothing burger.  Hey, hey, if you question us, you have to question every theory . . . ever.  :lol: :lol:

As a sidenote:  Nothing can top the New Stassi tactics of #blueanon CRT supporters have undertaken against people, specifically parents that dare question anything relative to their children's education and the implementation of CRT.

Erich Mielke, Herman Goring, Lavrentiy Beria, Heinrich Muller, Heinrich Himmler and company are in awe of these tactics.

Particularly Mielke whose Stasi used Zersetzung or 'erosion' to attack enemies of the state who couldn't be executed or disappeared without major international outcry.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2021, 11:16:46 AM »
What part of CRT do you disagree with dax?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2021, 11:39:23 AM »
What part of CRT do you disagree with dax?

Did I voice personal disagreement in this thread?  If so, where?

As of right now the only thing I disagree is the legions of Karen-Helicopter Parents in your movement going all New Stasi on those who dare question anything.

I'm also  :lol: :lol: at the fact that the core precepts of CRT evolved from a bunch of Germanic white academic Marxists.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2021, 11:48:53 AM »
Dax what are your thoughts on states banning the teaching of CRT?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2021, 11:50:42 AM »

My thoughts are that we live in a constitutional Republic and states have powers.

StarSeed aka ProgFascist.7, please walk myself and the rest of us through why you support CRT in Public Education.  Please be specific.

Also, please join me in strongly condemning the Stasi tactics of CRT supporter parents.  Please affirm below your total condemnation of these types of things.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2021, 11:51:58 AM »
The 1619 project is separate from CRT, correct?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2021, 11:53:19 AM »
Why not let teachers select the curriculum they are going to cover?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2021, 11:58:03 AM »
The 1619 project is separate from CRT, correct?

Yes

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2021, 12:00:51 PM »

the.o.ry

The fact that it's being taught in schools would lend itself to definition c, no?

It's not really being taught in schools tho. Nevertheless, we teach all kinds of theories in schools that are heavily disagreed upon concepts like big bang.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2021, 12:02:16 PM »
IMO they should call it something like “un-whitewashed history” or just “history”

When Pluto got kicked out of the solar system it’s not like they called it “dwarf planetary theory” or something. It was just “oops, guess we were looking at it wrong, update the textbooks plz”

So we're still going to do the thing where we're still telling black people what to call things?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2021, 12:03:02 PM »

My thoughts are that we live in a constitutional Republic and states have powers.

StarSeed aka ProgFascist.7, please walk myself and the rest of us through why you support CRT in Public Education.  Please be specific.

Also, please join me in strongly condemning the Stasi tactics of CRT supporter parents.  Please affirm below your total condemnation of these types of things.

I find it interesting (and telling) that you are hyperventilating about some imagined liberal force canceling opposition to CRT while there states are literally banning it from schools.

But you do you dax.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2021, 12:07:46 PM »

I find it interesting (and telling) that you are hyperventilating about some imagined liberal force canceling opposition to CRT while there states are literally banning it from schools.

But you do you dax.

I don't find it the least bit fascinating that as usual, you chose to not answer any questions.  It's BAU

The force that you speak of is not imagined in the least, only a complete dimwit doesn't understand what's going in places like Lowndes County.   That said, I expect nothing less from a proud member of the New Stasi aka ProgFascist.7.   Circle the wagons, deflect and deny.   :thumbsup:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2021, 01:20:51 PM »

There was a series of school board meeting here in Manhattan where a bunch of people read the Bible and yelled about Marxism, although mileage may vary that seems to be a bit more representative than what you are claiming.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
critical race theory
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2021, 01:27:42 PM »

So we're still going to do the thing where we're still telling black people what to call things?
Are you talking about calling Pluto a planet? Or are you telling me CRT is a term promulgated by the black community?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2021, 01:54:22 PM »
crt (referred to as such) came up at tailboard today.  mentioned in passing after a recounting of a paper published in some journal described as stating that white people are racist because they carry some unknown parasite that makes them racist).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2021, 02:04:09 PM »

There was a series of school board meeting here in Manhattan where a bunch of people read the Bible and yelled about Marxism, although mileage may vary that seems to be a bit more representative than what you are claiming.

That's fantastic KK, but I'm not talking about the bible or school board meetings per se.  I'm leaning more towards the proclivity of ProgFascists to make lists.   Lots of lists being made of anyone who isn't down with the CRT struggle.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2021, 05:11:19 PM »

That's fantastic KK, but I'm not talking about the bible or school board meetings per se.  I'm leaning more towards the proclivity of ProgFascists to make lists.   Lots of lists being made of anyone who isn't down with the CRT struggle.
It is now becoming an issue in every school board race which is probably not great for furthering any understanding of what it is for most people not posting on gE.