Author Topic: The masters  (Read 10778 times)

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: The masters
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2021, 09:35:19 AM »
Patrick Reed is a dumb fat hoe and Bryson is the try hard that everyone knows and rolls their eyes at. Unfortunately because neither of them are unique personalities, and they don't win enough or demand enough attention, they aren't enough to drive a narrative that is must watch television.

Yeah the media is trying very hard to drive attention by continuously touting Bryson.  But really he kind of sucks, and most avid watchers\golfers already know this.  "Drive for show, putt for dough!"

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2021, 10:13:24 AM »
Patrick Reed is a dumb fat hoe and Bryson is the try hard that everyone knows and rolls their eyes at. Unfortunately because neither of them are unique personalities, and they don't win enough or demand enough attention, they aren't enough to drive a narrative that is must watch television.

Yeah the media is trying very hard to drive attention by continuously touting Bryson.  But really he kind of sucks, and most avid watchers\golfers already know this.  "Drive for show, putt for dough!"
His driving just became a thing these past two years. Why all the golfers really hate him is the constant drama show after missing a putt and how slow he is around the greens. He's a stats guy and does a bunch of research into the greens, angles, etc. He's averaged the longest 18 hole outing the past 5 years. Drives the players nuts.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2021, 10:35:13 AM »

His driving just became a thing these past two years. Why all the golfers really hate him is the constant drama show after missing a putt and how slow he is around the greens. He's a stats guy and does a bunch of research into the greens, angles, etc. He's averaged the longest 18 hole outing the past 5 years. Drives the players nuts.

Drives the viewers nuts too.  This is pretty much what turned me off of him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6XG7WjfcMk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 13, 2021, 10:54:31 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 13, 2021, 11:40:20 AM »
lol. I was waiting for his response.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2021, 12:20:53 PM »
You guys actually enjoy watching golf? (serious question)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2021, 12:26:16 PM »

I think watching the final round of a major tournament is something most fans of sport can enjoy. But also, it's way more fun/enjoyable when Tiger's playing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2021, 12:29:15 PM »

I think watching the final round of a major tournament is something most fans of sport can enjoy. But also, it's way more fun/enjoyable when Tiger's playing.

same here

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2021, 12:35:56 PM »

same here

Agree, and really any tourney final round where the top players in the world are included.   

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2021, 01:03:47 PM »

same here

Agree, and really any tourney final round where the top players in the world are included.
Personally my max attention span is probably about 15 minutes for recreational sports even if it’s the best of the best playing.

Goes for golf, bowling, horseshoes, corn hole, esports, etc.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2021, 01:49:52 PM »
The last time I watched and was super intrigued was 08 with rocco and Tiger. I've clicked it on a few times but same boat can only watch about 15 minutes or so

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2021, 01:50:50 PM »
I like taking a nap on a weekend afternoon and golf is great for that.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 13, 2021, 01:57:01 PM »
100% of my lifetime golf viewership has been because my dad was watching it. It's better than nascar.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2021, 01:57:20 PM »
I like taking a nap on a weekend afternoon and golf is great for that.
It’s the king of background sports. Because the announcers talk soothingly and whisper like they’re going to distract some guy on the tee a half mile away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 13, 2021, 02:07:35 PM »
I love watching it. It was like the first sport back to watch during the pandemic.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 13, 2021, 02:10:13 PM »
The last time I watched and was super intrigued was 08 with rocco and Tiger. I've clicked it on a few times but same boat can only watch about 15 minutes or so
This is the NBA and soccer for me. I think it just matters how much time you invest into the sport. I think it helps if you like to play a lot too.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 13, 2021, 02:44:56 PM »
for real thing i think would make golf more exciting for the viewer:
they had a 5th major...but they make it a centennial throwback. So folks what i mean by that is anyone playing in that major is restricted to using only the technology that was available 100 years prior. I mean sure, its fun to watch guys hammer 330+ yd drives and execute a fade or draw with absolute precision but i think it would be fun to see them up there with some wooden shafted irons where the balls have the dimples inverted and they are just trying to do their best with super obsolete technology.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 13, 2021, 03:49:22 PM »
100% of my lifetime golf viewership has been because my dad was watching it. It's better than nascar.

NO SIR

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2021, 06:18:47 PM »
Man.  Ratings disaster for sports this past year, collectively. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2021, 06:20:21 PM »
BECAUSE THEY ARE WOKE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2021, 04:03:34 PM »
Likewise, majorities of all racial groups – 64% of whites, 59% of Blacks and 58% of other minority voters – reject the claim that voter ID laws discriminate against some voters.
https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/april_2021/election_integrity_62_don_t_think_voter_id_laws_discriminate

Heartening to know that a majority of those polled have the belief that people of all races have a rough ridin' clue in how to operate and conduct business in modern society in the Year of our Flying Spaghetti Monster 2021

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2021, 04:30:19 PM »
Voting is a fundamental right enshrined in our constitution. Why do we need to register with the government or prove our identity in order to exercise that right?