Author Topic: Cats Bears Thursday Tournament Game  (Read 3180 times)

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Cats Bears Thursday Tournament Game
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2021, 11:36:39 AM »
We improved with A Gordon in the lineup late in the year, too, so I wouldn't attribute our improved play strictly to a four-guard lineup. We may have taken advantage of offensive match ups against Baylor, but they hurt us on the offensive boards. It's nice to hav e a true forward option. A Gordon was hitting the boards before his sudden and unexplained absence. Is he and Murphy both gone?
Also, does Oscar get to gulag A Gordon with no explanation? If this is another pot related thing, Oscar needs to get with the 21st century. If Antonio was doing things that put the team at risk during covid, yeah I get the banishment.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2021, 01:03:13 PM »
We improved with A Gordon in the lineup late in the year, too, so I wouldn't attribute our improved play strictly to a four-guard lineup. We may have taken advantage of offensive match ups against Baylor, but they hurt us on the offensive boards. It's nice to hav e a true forward option. A Gordon was hitting the boards before his sudden and unexplained absence. Is he and Murphy both gone?
Also, does Oscar get to gulag A Gordon with no explanation? If this is another pot related thing, Oscar needs to get with the 21st century. If Antonio was doing things that put the team at risk during covid, yeah I get the banishment.

Good points. Not sure on the specifics with Gordon and his likely departure. My big picture point is that we maintained good defense and rebounding in the 4 games he missed out of the last 5. Vital did hurt us, but we still were better on OR% in the game than Baylor which is somewhat impressive given their Oboarding rate for the season.

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2021, 04:56:15 AM »
STEVE