Author Topic: Cats Bears Thursday Tournament Game  (Read 3166 times)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Cats Bears Thursday Tournament Game
« on: March 11, 2021, 02:03:11 PM »
Cats looking pretty good, the beginning of this game certainly has me excited for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Re: Cats Bears Thursday Tournament Game
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 02:09:41 PM »
Bears gonna get hot

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 02:18:02 PM »
We look so much better. This is exciting.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 02:22:25 PM »
I want Davion to pump fake Butler out of his freaking shoes

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 03:01:03 PM »
Hi Greg! Go Cats!

:cheers:

:emawkid:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 03:05:40 PM »
Getting jobbed in this game.

Offline dean_ksu

• We Gave You Chris
  • Fan
  • Dance or Bust!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 03:39:14 PM »
oscar and the rest of the coaching staff have done a great job of developing these kids throughout the season.   I think the experience gained in 2020-2021 will lead to another Big 12 title for Weber and the Cats next season.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 04:41:57 PM »
Cats can't overcome horrific ref show.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 05:37:28 PM »
Damn man Nijel can stroke it from deep
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2021, 07:25:39 PM »
Damn man Nijel can stroke it from deep

:fatty:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2021, 08:27:47 PM »
I hate moral victories, but this was one. From where they started to where they ended competitive wise was leaps and bounds. They still bought in after a disastrous start and these guys will be solid moving forward. If oscar can keep them together with no transfers, he deserves to be our coach next season. By no transfers, I mean the impactful guys who grew through the season. Linguard, Lewis, etc. might leave, but this is going to be a stellar group. I’m also afraid that Bradford might be on some draft boards next year, but I want nothing but success for that guy. Nigel is undersized, so I think that we will keep him here for a bit.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2021, 10:05:37 PM »
I hate moral victories, but this was one. From where they started to where they ended competitive wise was leaps and bounds. They still bought in after a disastrous start and these guys will be solid moving forward. If oscar can keep them together with no transfers, he deserves to be our coach next season. By no transfers, I mean the impactful guys who grew through the season. Linguard, Lewis, etc. might leave, but this is going to be a stellar group. I’m also afraid that Bradford might be on some draft boards next year, but I want nothing but success for that guy. Nigel is undersized, so I think that we will keep him here for a bit.

https://www.oddballfilms.com/clip/13160_13272_wheaties

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 10:23:56 PM »
I agree with most all of your post but Bradford will 100% not be on draft boards next year and will undoubtedly be a five year NCAA player, four if he decides to play overseas after his fourth year. That type of big has been completely phased out of the NBA. Last year's conference player of the year was your traditional 5 who couldn't stretch the floor and the only reason he even got drafted in the end of the 1st round is that he had some defensive value. This year's national player of the year is a traditional big who actually is a 36% three point shooter who makes two of them a game and he will also be a late rounder.

Davion will be our best big man since the 1970's but he isn't a NBA big, at all.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 10:35:00 PM »
I’m not a NBA analyst at all, but I just feel like his finesse would be valuable as a big in the league. Sneed was on draft board after the Kentucky game, you don’t think this guy will get some hits? @MakeItRain

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2021, 10:41:26 PM »
I think if anyone has a shot at the nba it’s Selton
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2021, 10:53:20 PM »
I’m not a NBA analyst at all, but I just feel like his finesse would be valuable as a big in the league. Sneed was on draft board after the Kentucky game, you don’t think this guy will get some hits? @MakeItRain

Sneed got some looks because of the possibility of being an athletic 3 and D guy. We knew that he was a streaky shooter at best, if he declared after his sophomore year, he would have come back.

I don't think any of these guys are NBA players and that's okay. Like I said early in the year, if they stay together they'll probably be better than Brown, Stokes, & Wade. Could you imagine these freshmen next year if they had an NBA small forward playing with them like those other guys did?

A starting 5 of Pack, Miguel, Westicles, Lewis, and Bradford...sick.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2021, 11:23:03 PM »
Oh, I agree. Also, we all know I’m a glass half full guy, but I love this:

https://twitter.com/kstatembb/status/1370184972846387203?s=21

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2021, 12:52:02 AM »
Yes, good video, makes me hope that the core is staying around. You can tell how oscar has talked about the players and the team to the media that he really likes these guys. The last two teams he busted up he was pretty vocal about how he felt about them and it was obvious he was going to run everyone off.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2021, 10:19:31 AM »
The "a homeless guy told me ku reloads and k-state rebuilds" should be a fireable statement.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2021, 10:25:15 AM »
I admire that oscar can turn getting totally punked by one of KC's vagrants into a positive.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2021, 10:59:19 AM »
Where and when did oscar mix it up with a homeless person during his short and presumably ultra-COVID-safe stint in KC?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2021, 11:08:29 AM »
THere's homeless ku fans EVERYWHERE

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2021, 01:52:18 PM »

Sneed got some looks because of the possibility of being an athletic 3 and D guy. We knew that he was a streaky shooter at best, if he declared after his sophomore year, he would have come back.

I don't think any of these guys are NBA players and that's okay. Like I said early in the year, if they stay together they'll probably be better than Brown, Stokes, & Wade. Could you imagine these freshmen next year if they had an NBA small forward playing with them like those other guys did?

Lewis, as in Seryee?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2021, 08:49:17 PM »

Lewis, as in Seryee?

Yeah because oscar insists on playing a 4 and I don't know who else is gonna play there if Antonio is gone. I know he played 4 guards in the tournament but I don't think he sees that as a long term solution. I think his insistence on playing a power forward cost us a couple of games.

As far as Seryee goes though, I do like him a lot and I think the off season will be great for him.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2021, 10:27:27 AM »

Lewis, as in Seryee?

Yeah because oscar insists on playing a 4 and I don't know who else is gonna play there if Antonio is gone. I know he played 4 guards in the tournament but I don't think he sees that as a long term solution. I think his insistence on playing a power forward cost us a couple of games.

As far as Seryee goes though, I do like him a lot and I think the off season will be great for him.

I'm hopeful that the smaller line up and the success we had with it (especially on defense) convinces oscar it is a viable line up, especially in a league that mostly plays 4 guards/wings anyway. Plus, oscar has had decent teams with guys like Shane and Nino at the 4 while at K-State. I also think Murphy will be back and hopefully he can get healthy and play a full season. Regardless, playing small some and with a more traditional 4 some based on who the opponent has in the game would be wise. I mean, we absolutely abused Vital multiple times in the first half because he couldn't guard Dajuan or Selton on oops or drives. Lewis is an intriguing prospect and probably a guy willing to play a smaller role too. A regular offseason will be great for a lot of our guys.