Author Topic: Meal Kits/Services  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Meal Kits/Services
« on: January 07, 2021, 04:28:51 PM »
Anyone use any of the meal kit services and would recommend? We don't eat out a lot anyway especially now with Covid and actually like to cook, but i'm in a rut and was thinking of doing one of these for a couple of days a week for the fam, just to make a couple of nights easier. Would probably want healthy options, but whatever. They seem pretty pricey, since I will probably still cook and buy the same amount of groceries anyway???

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Meal Kits/Services
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 08:51:39 PM »
I used freshly last year just for lunches. The meals were prepared already. The food was good, and I'm a notoriously very picky eater of total crap, but they had good choices. The prices are also very good. The issue I had was they ship the meals fresh and recommend that you don't freeze them. I had to freeze them because I couldn't keep up with the weekly deliveries. Well they were right about not freezing the meals, they were complete crap cooked from frozen. They did come with some bomb ass ice packs that I still use to this day, like sheet sized gel ice packs, every week.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 09:00:53 PM »
occasionally we will do a week of eat fit go if we're going to be busy AF.  i think it's regional and I'm not certain it's actually healthy but it's easily microwaveable stuff and it's pretty good.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 09:07:34 PM »
Have done blue apron and imperfect foods

Recommend both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 09:08:08 PM »
Imperfect foods has a GREAT kimchi

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 09:22:14 PM »
They did come with some bomb ass ice packs that I still use to this day, like sheet sized gel ice packs, every week.

Dipshits slicing these open and pouring them down the drain sans a bunch of water with it is what backed up the pipes in my building and caused this thread that still isn't really close to conclusion: https://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=41696.0

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 09:32:35 PM »
Been Home Chef'n for years brahs. Can recommend.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 09:39:21 PM »
Did blue apron for a while, was pretty geeat
:adios:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 10:39:32 PM »
sorry this is a homemade stromboli or gtfo blog now

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 12:00:12 AM »
If you're in KC or the surrounding area, look into Guaranteed Foods.  They used to be just KC but I think they've expanded quite a bit and I know they ship nationwide. We've been doing it for about 5 years and like it a lot.  It's not really a meal kit thing but every six months you order food to restock your freezer (like a big huge fancy freezer) and a lot of that can include quick ready made stuff if that's what you're into.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 12:26:06 AM »
They did come with some bomb ass ice packs that I still use to this day, like sheet sized gel ice packs, every week.

Dipshits slicing these open and pouring them down the drain sans a bunch of water with it is what backed up the pipes in my building and caused this thread that still isn't really close to conclusion: https://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=41696.0

WTF, why not just throw them away? And how in the eff is your flooring situation not settled yet?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2021, 01:09:59 AM »

WTF, why not just throw them away? And how in the eff is your flooring situation not settled yet?

:dunno:  And it wasn’t until into COVID that I got it to where I’m getting cash and can make my own deals, but it’s harder to get these things lined up with the restrictions and me dq’n contractors that don’t take COVID precautions. Making good progress the past few weeks.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2021, 05:58:01 AM »
We use Hello Fresh for three meals a week. Love it.

Yes, IPA Fiance clogged the drain once with the gel pack. Grrrr.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2021, 08:19:02 AM »
Thanks friends. Looks like people have used the main ones and they are fine and probably aren't that different from each other. I'm sort of on the Michigan Cat team and will probably just be pissed I paid for something I could have made myself better. I'll maybe look out for a free trial or something to see if I like one.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2021, 08:47:53 AM »
I am causing incredible harm to the environment but I make whole foods deliver stuff to my door for free like every two days. like find the recipe, order the ingredients, it's there in 2 hours, make it. it's not the point of this thread but it rules and every day I wonder how TF they keep letting me do it without charging me a lot.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2021, 09:04:41 AM »
I am causing incredible harm to the environment but I make whole foods deliver stuff to my door for free like every two days. like find the recipe, order the ingredients, it's there in 2 hours, make it. it's not the point of this thread but it rules and every day I wonder how TF they keep letting me do it without charging me a lot.

same. they love the crap out of those goddam compostable vegetable bags. It's cheaper than going into and shopping at my local Safeway, too. They have to be losing money on it and I'm going to take advantage of it as long as I can.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2021, 09:06:30 AM »
https://renaissanceperiodization.com/rp-store?selected=diet-templates-menu_store#utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=roim
speaking of OT: I had gotten chonkier than I have wanted to so I've started this a couple of weeks ago. basic premise is smaller meals more times a day but if anyone wants the template for free feel free to message me and I can shoot you this over

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 09:13:07 AM »
way back in 2003 or so I lived with my uncle in KC for a summer and he used a meal service called "Success Meals" and I lost a ton of weight just because the meals were sized for me to lose weight (and they were healthy) (and pretty tasty)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 09:16:07 AM »
https://renaissanceperiodization.com/rp-store?selected=diet-templates-menu_store#utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=roim
speaking of OT: I had gotten chonkier than I have wanted to so I've started this a couple of weeks ago. basic premise is smaller meals more times a day but if anyone wants the template for free feel free to message me and I can shoot you this over
I’d for sure take it

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2021, 09:35:13 AM »
I’d for sure take it

Send me a pm with your email and I can send it over. Also try my best to give you meal ideas or what I have done in the short time I've been doing it

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2021, 12:48:34 PM »
I’d for sure take it

Send me a pm with your email and I can send it over. Also try my best to give you meal ideas or what I have done in the short time I've been doing it

Is this something that can be shared multiple times?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2021, 02:11:05 PM »
I’d for sure take it

Is this something that can be shared multiple times?
:thumbs: yep, if I knew or if there was a way to post the templates on here but I don’t think is possible

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2021, 09:46:09 PM »
i have a code for 9 free Hello Fresh meals if anyone wants them. pm for deets
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2021, 02:39:36 PM »
Anyone else done Goldbelly? I’ve done it a couple times and really like it. Pricy/special occasion type thing, but it’s basically nationwide delivery of famous restaurants.  Did a New Years brunch bagels and lox spread from Russ and Daughters with my wife’s family and it was a big hit
:adios:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2021, 03:40:29 PM »
Decided against a meal prep service and went with a meat deliver service. First Butcher Box coming this week. Got some steaks, chicken, and ground turkey.  :driving: