Author Topic: Baylor game talking thread  (Read 9593 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: Baylor game talking thread
« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2020, 09:41:59 PM »
When you don't have anyone on the team who can throw the ball, it's hard to call plays. Fire Klein for being the worst QB coach in the universe.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 28, 2020, 09:42:10 PM »
Messingham is not the issue here dude. FIRE THEM ALL.

I’d be in favor of this if it were possible. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 28, 2020, 09:42:54 PM »
He’s kind of a lot of the issue though. In big situations our playcalling is incredibly easy to predict.
And I should add stupid too. We were playing as if we were just trying to run clock, which we only could have done with like four first downs given the time remaining.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 28, 2020, 09:43:34 PM »
Fire Klein for being the worst QB coach in the universe.

this doesn't even make sense.  why isn't he the running backs coach?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2020, 09:57:10 PM »
i dont think KSU forced a punt the entire 2nd half. they have their moments when they play well but just cannot play an entire 60 minutes. Brewer absolutely ripped their ass open throwing the ball and running the ball the entire game. Our LBs must have a ton of trouble covering in space because the last few games all the passing yards are short passes to wide open receivers who then break 3 tackles to get big yardage. D is severely over rated
Our starting LB's were out.

Probably wouldn't have helped. The LBs have been bad other than TCU and KU

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2020, 10:01:06 PM »
Are we going to lose this game?!

If we don't get a special teams touchdown or a turnover from Brewer on his half of the field, yes we will.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2020, 10:04:58 PM »

If we don't get a special teams touchdown or a turnover from Brewer on his half of the field, yes we will.
thats what i told my wife at the beginning of the 4th quarter. KSU can not win a game when the offense has to score to win the game because the defense can not make a stop. they were going to need special teams or a turnover to win. it was a very helpless feeling to know we had to have something lucky to happen because we couldn't compete with them straight up

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2020, 10:08:16 PM »
with that said it is a HUGE advantage to have a 4 year senior QB running your offense versus the a true frosh who is without a doubt the worst P5 starting qB in america right now. the disparity in that position alone should make it almost impossible for KSU to win the game. then factor they actually have effective WRs to go alone with their senior QB and it was a miracle that we had a chance to win. Give KSU just an average QB and they have at least 2 more wins this year.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2020, 10:11:21 PM »

thats what i told my wife at the beginning of the 4th quarter. KSU can not win a game when the offense has to score to win the game because the defense can not make a stop. they were going to need special teams or a turnover to win. it was a very helpless feeling to know we had to have something lucky to happen because we couldn't compete with them straight up

That's why after our punt, I wanted us to bring everydody and get Brewer on the ground or give up a quick strike and at least get the ball back. Otherwise they were going to kick a FG.
That defensive plan coupled with our loser offensive play calling during our last possession was scripting the inevitable bad ending.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2020, 01:57:30 AM »
Also I knew deep down that the 2020 Texas state champs shirt probably wasn’t going to happen but this was a tough way for that bubble to burst

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 29, 2020, 05:55:19 AM »
At least our defense is stout
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.