Author Topic: Colorado game thread  (Read 3096 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Colorado game thread
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2020, 08:28:18 AM »
:adios:

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2020, 08:42:27 AM »
...very freshman-y, but the talent/size is there I think...I'm concerned about D Gordon's lack of shooting...

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2020, 09:27:58 AM »
He was never going to be a good shooter, he is a supposed to be a JYC that feasts on oboards and getting to the line
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2020, 12:33:58 PM »
...very freshman-y, but the talent/size is there I think...I'm concerned about D Gordon's lack of shooting...

Yeah, we're in the weird position of having a bunch of probably pretty good but not elite young players on our team with no older guys to help them along. I'm not sure it's going to look good until it does, if that makes sense.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2020, 12:36:49 PM »
I've seen enough flashes from different guys to feel like this team could be pretty good the next 2-3 years after this year. Kind of depends on Dejuan Gordon eventually playing somewhere close to his billing though. This is definitely oscar's toughest coaching job, but maybe the second or third highest ceiling out of all the groups of kids he's coached.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2020, 12:41:35 PM »
I've seen enough flashes from different guys to feel like this team could be pretty good the next 2-3 years after this year. Kind of depends on Dejuan Gordon eventually playing somewhere close to his billing though. This is definitely oscar's toughest coaching job, but maybe the second or third highest ceiling out of all the groups of kids he's coached.

Which is all his fault...
:adios:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2020, 12:42:16 PM »
In a pretty significant way, his coaching job with kam, barry, and Dean was easier, because we didn't really have much talent outside of that. They knew they were the guys, and the staff could focus on their development. Right now it's such a cluster eff with a bunch of pretty talented kids, none of which have defined roles, and with little idea of who has the highest ceiling. This year is going to be painful. But, if oscar is a decent coach, which I think he probably is, we'll go into next year with the chance to win a lot of games, and probably a couple fewer players from this class still on the team.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2020, 12:42:39 PM »

Oh, absolutely. He should get zero sympathy for the situation he's in right now.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2020, 10:27:47 PM »

I don't think this will be his toughest coaching job, in fact I think there were multiple years that were harder, last season and.15-16 immediately come to mind.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2020, 11:13:32 AM »

I don't think this will be his toughest coaching job, in fact I think there were multiple years that were harder, last season and.15-16 immediately come to mind.

While I mostly agree with you, this year still has plenty of time to reach that level of crap.