Author Topic: Portal Kombat  (Read 162734 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Portal Kombat
« Reply #500 on: December 02, 2021, 07:36:22 PM »
I’m pissed about Will for way more reasons than fumbles. And also topical Martinez fucks up in shitloads more ways than fumbles too!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 02, 2021, 07:37:39 PM »
there's no way he lost 45 fumbles

who's the 8 fumble dude we're pissed about?

Will, and I don't think he has that many.

ah I think people blew Will's fumbles just a bit out of proportion. there's plenty to be critical of there without the fumbles (although they are kind of a concern and I seriously think limits his carries)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 02, 2021, 07:40:19 PM »
https://twitter.com/YahooSportsCFB/status/1462197990014214151

I was trying to find the video for this. It was really funny.

I tried to find the video of this. I attempted to type in "Adrian Martinez interception Wisconsin." Well the auto complete gave me Adrian Martinez interception vs Purdue instead. Didn't get a video but I got this. This was from Halloween, of this season, one month ago.
Adrian Martinez (14 for 29 for 269 yards) was awful. Of the yards passing, 104 yards came on the final drive when the game was all but decided (a 10-yard holding penalty added to the 94-yard drive). Martinez may end up breaking about all the Husker quarterback career records but may well be remembered for his record of futility. The four-year starter made bad decisions followed by worse decisions and the cruel joke is that perhaps Purdue should have awarded him the game ball. After offering up a 45-yard pick six to Jalen Graham (who later picked Martinez again), he attempted a very ill-advised underhand toss to Travis Vokolek that was also stolen. At least he was under center for an early 3rd and 1 conversion but then later fumbled the snap while under center (because apparently, they don’t practice that very often).

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 02, 2021, 07:41:57 PM »
I’ve seen a crap load of former 4 star QB’s going to the portal this week, that never sniffed grass, so I’m just happy it isn’t a “#Kstate thing” when a prized QB doesn’t see the field his freshman year. Also, I think we could run a fun offense around Martinez and Deuce next year. Will is whatever to me.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 02, 2021, 07:43:44 PM »
Guys, as someone whose second favorite team is eff Nebraska I have watched an absolute assload of Martinez rough ridin' up. There is a never ending amount of media of it being hilarious. That said, massive upgrade over our absolute crap bag of a QB depth chart.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 02, 2021, 07:49:47 PM »
Guys, as someone whose second favorite team is eff Nebraska I have watched an absolute assload of Martinez rough ridin' up. There is a never ending amount of media of it being hilarious. That said, massive upgrade over our absolute crap bag of a QB depth chart.
:thumbs: Gtech fired their coach. Maybe borrow him for a season to run the option down everyone’s throats?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 02, 2021, 07:53:23 PM »
Yea I’m not proud of where our QB situation is but here we are.  Grant Gregory got us to 6 wins with less than one arm and Vic Koenning and Chris Cosh were coordinating the defense.  We can avoid complete embarrassment with Martinez and we should accept our good fortune.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 02, 2021, 07:56:26 PM »
Agreed

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 02, 2021, 07:56:58 PM »
Here's the "ill advised underhand toss"
https://twitter.com/DaltonEastNE/status/1455559495879438341

And here's bucket's interception against Wisconsin, his last game.
https://youtu.be/dNdG89TtIqY?t=473

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 02, 2021, 07:57:54 PM »
greg sharpe giving me some nostalgia!!!

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: December 02, 2021, 07:59:11 PM »
https://twitter.com/YahooSportsCFB/status/1462197990014214151

I was trying to find the video for this. It was really funny.

I tried to find the video of this. I attempted to type in "Adrian Martinez interception Wisconsin." Well the auto complete gave me Adrian Martinez interception vs Purdue instead. Didn't get a video but I got this. This was from Halloween, of this season, one month ago.
Adrian Martinez (14 for 29 for 269 yards) was awful. Of the yards passing, 104 yards came on the final drive when the game was all but decided (a 10-yard holding penalty added to the 94-yard drive). Martinez may end up breaking about all the Husker quarterback career records but may well be remembered for his record of futility. The four-year starter made bad decisions followed by worse decisions and the cruel joke is that perhaps Purdue should have awarded him the game ball. After offering up a 45-yard pick six to Jalen Graham (who later picked Martinez again), he attempted a very ill-advised underhand toss to Travis Vokolek that was also stolen. At least he was under center for an early 3rd and 1 conversion but then later fumbled the snap while under center (because apparently, they don’t practice that very often).

He's certainly made plenty of mistakes at Nebraska and probably hasn't progressed as much as he should have.

I can't help but think a lot of that is on the dogshit coaching frost provided him, along with a dogshit o line and backfield. a lot of his ints are clearly receivers running the wrong routes (it's possible its AM throwing the wrong routes, but at some point the coaching staff benches you for that)

at any rate, even if all the ints and fumbles are on him, he's still a much better option than anyone on the roster for next year. hopefully the coaching staff can develop an offense that works w his skillset and keep him out of situations that force him to try to do too much. If he ends up a cat I'll be looking forward to see how much his game changes.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 02, 2021, 08:02:03 PM »
Yea I’m not proud of where our QB situation is but here we are.  Grant Gregory got us to 6 wins with less than one arm and Vic Koenning and Chris Cosh were coordinating the defense.  We can avoid complete embarrassment with Martinez and we should accept our good fortune.

There are currently 57 FBS quarterbacks in the portal with plenty more to come. If we are of the belief that anyone is better than Will, I have no idea why that someone has to be a senior who's proven weakness is even worse than Will's.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 02, 2021, 08:03:44 PM »

lol nebraska's offense was so terrible. they had one of the worst OLs in the P5 and rarely had safety valves to dump off to, setting AM up for failure almost every play.

by the time they played wisconsin pretty sure he had already hurt his shoulder and could barely throw the ball over 15 yards.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 02, 2021, 08:10:59 PM »

There are currently 57 FBS quarterbacks in the portal with plenty more to come. If we are of the belief that anyone is better than Will, I have no idea why that someone has to be a senior who's proven weakness is even worse than Will's.

Lots of them aren’t better than Will, for example Chubba Purdy.  There will certainly be better options than Martinez but none that will want to come play in an offense who’s best WR will be Phillip Brooks if we are lucky enough to keep him.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 02, 2021, 08:21:12 PM »
greg sharpe giving me some nostalgia!!!

Right!  Cane we get Greg in the transfer portal?

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 02, 2021, 08:45:49 PM »

lol nebraska's offense was so terrible. they had one of the worst OLs in the P5 and rarely had safety valves to dump off to, setting AM up for failure almost every play.

by the time they played wisconsin pretty sure he had already hurt his shoulder and could barely throw the ball over 15 yards.
Speaking of this dogshit OL, did any of the recruits we lost to them play? Specifically Corcoran?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 02, 2021, 08:53:12 PM »

Speaking of this dogshit OL, did any of the recruits we lost to them play? Specifically Corcoran?

Not that I recall, but tbh I don’t pay too much attention to who is getting OL snaps

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 02, 2021, 08:56:15 PM »

Not that I recall, but tbh I don’t pay too much attention to who is getting OL snaps

Scratch that. Looks like he played every game and started most at LT. In fact that was him at LT in that clip letting Purdue’s DE right through to the qb

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 02, 2021, 10:12:21 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 02, 2021, 11:08:53 PM »

Lots of them aren’t better than Will, for example Chubba Purdy.  There will certainly be better options than Martinez but none that will want to come play in an offense who’s best WR will be Phillip Brooks if we are lucky enough to keep him.

Dude makes some great plays, he seems like he's not intent on making just an okay play, the ultimate boom or bust player and it's going to drive me rough ridin' insane next year.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 03, 2021, 07:26:07 AM »

Dude makes some great plays, he seems like he's not intent on making just an okay play, the ultimate boom or bust player and it's going to drive me rough ridin' insane next year.
Really good points that makes me think CK will take a long look if he doesn't pass altogether.

We crap on Will and Mess a ton but he only had one interception this year. I bet they could craft an offense that's safer than Nebraska but can do more with Martinez's arm than Howard's.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 03, 2021, 08:57:06 AM »
Give me a little bold and daring on offense. It's been like watching paint dry other than the occasional loose deuce. Then let the lunch mob eat!

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 03, 2021, 09:13:22 AM »
mind’s eye messingham and martinez in the tunnel on game day making tons of advanced strats then going out there against the best teams in the world and putting up 90 points per game.  wow.

ATTENTION COLLEGE FOOTBALL WORLD, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

don’t mess with the best

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 03, 2021, 09:19:35 AM »
Martinez had a lot of forced errors, and a lot of errors because of shitty o-line.  If you are a Chiefs fan, you know very well what a bad o-line does to a great QB.  His upside blows away anything we have now.  His run threat with Duece could be very fun to watch.

I think a K-State team with Martinez has a 6-6 floor.

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 03, 2021, 09:26:41 AM »
If we take AM, we absolutely have to tell Mess that we were just kidding about firing him. (Then fire him as soon as AM runs out of eligibility.)