Author Topic: Fighting John Denver's Game Thread  (Read 5673 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Fighting John Denver's Game Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2020, 02:55:58 PM »
Defense looking stout. Particularly considering how good WVU is offensively.
Wut

That was surely sarcasm, right?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2020, 03:00:49 PM »
It didn't end up mattering, but our play calling on the 1st and goal from the 3 was some of the most scared play calling I've ever seen. Mess must think that Deuce sucks. Then once we declined the running into the kicker and one play from the 1 and a half line to get a touchdown, I knew what this was going to be. Not only didn't they trust the offense to get one damn yard, they apparently thought the defense would let WVU drive 99 yards if we didn't get the touchdown.

Just a complete chickenshit sequence of decision making.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2020, 03:09:02 PM »
Wut
can someone explain how we didn't go out and get transfers to play immediately at safety and LB? Hughes cannot run at all. Elder would be 3rd string at KU

Hughes can run. Elder, not so much.
apparently you are not watching. literally Hughes can't run and literally can not change direction. go watch the replays on youtube. the moderators on the other board have been saying it all season. he is a HUGE liability out there. how could the coaches have thought this LB group could possibly be adequate for any P5 program? there have not been any injuries. the 4th string unit from UT could start at KSU

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2020, 03:15:57 PM »
Wut
can someone explain how we didn't go out and get transfers to play immediately at safety and LB? Hughes cannot run at all. Elder would be 3rd string at KU

apparently you are not watching. literally Hughes can't run and literally can not change direction. go watch the replays on youtube. the moderators on the other board have been saying it all season. he is a HUGE liability out there. how could the coaches have thought this LB group could possibly be adequate for any P5 program? there have not been any injuries. the 4th string unit from UT could start at KSU

Why do I feel like I am arguing with a 15 year old. Go play your PS5.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2020, 03:18:07 PM »
Wut

Yah, but the moderators on the other board are all doofuses, so that needs to be taken into account.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2020, 03:18:15 PM »
“Mods on the other board” lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2020, 03:33:59 PM »
:lol:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2020, 04:24:18 PM »
TD aside, is it possible our 2-min offense is actually slower now than it was under Snyder?

Yes. Klieman's clock management is cheeks.

Most the time it’s not even that he’s bad at clock management. He usually just chooses to not even try & just go into the half.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2020, 04:34:34 PM »
It didn't end up mattering, but our play calling on the 1st and goal from the 3 was some of the most scared play calling I've ever seen. Mess must think that Deuce sucks. Then once we declined the running into the kicker and one play from the 1 and a half line to get a touchdown, I knew what this was going to be. Not only didn't they trust the offense to get one damn yard, they apparently thought the defense would let WVU drive 99 yards if we didn't get the touchdown.

I’m convinced something is wrong with Deuce. Lingering injury or illness related. Even if you don’t think the run game is working, it seemed like he spent entirely too much time on the bench.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2020, 04:40:53 PM »

I’m convinced something is wrong with Deuce. Lingering injury or illness related. Even if you don’t think the run game is working, it seemed like he spent entirely too much time on the bench.

I think the biggest part is WVU figured out that he is our only offensive weapon.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2020, 04:44:51 PM »
Deuce is banged up for sure. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2020, 04:47:01 PM »
Yeah I saw Kurtz's tweet about it after I posted

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2020, 05:52:31 PM »

Which is fine but the lack of confidence in the offense to get one damn yard between the tackles, despite the running back was telling for that game and for the season.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2020, 06:06:08 PM »
Jacardia...off field dog-house? 3 weeks seems like a long time to bench a guy for trying to bounce outside twice.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2020, 06:08:10 PM »
Jacardia...off field dog-house? 3 weeks seems like a long time to bench a guy for trying to bounce outside twice.

This is a good question. Why on earth is Harry getting more touches than this guy?

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2020, 06:11:28 PM »

Which is fine but the lack of confidence in the offense to get one damn yard between the tackles, despite the running back was telling for that game and for the season.

No doubt, the fact that we can’t line it up and punch them in the mouth with Dineen leading the way is pretty sad.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2020, 08:18:36 PM »
I don't know why but this team seems a lot like when we played them a few years back.  We couldn't move the ball on the ground or in the air.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2020, 09:10:45 PM »

No doubt, the fact that we can’t line it up and punch them in the mouth with Dineen leading the way is pretty sad.
all new OLs. worst OL in the league other than KU. No true offensive tackles. playing out of position players because Snyder couldn't attract a single OT. And Klieman couldn't convince a transfer to come to KSU. the team's roster is frankly a complete mess. we should be thankful we have won a couple games. Really need recruiting to pick up. at this recruiting pace it will take several classes to fill up the roster adequately

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2020, 09:18:58 PM »
We have two true OT’s Kashi, will have 3 next year. The only position group I classify as a true mess is running back.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2020, 09:20:05 PM »
OL is inexperienced

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2020, 09:33:02 PM »
It will be our strength by 2022, we are going to be really good upfront.

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2020, 10:12:20 PM »

all new OLs. worst OL in the league other than KU. No true offensive tackles. playing out of position players because Snyder couldn't attract a single OT. And Klieman couldn't convince a transfer to come to KSU. the team's roster is frankly a complete mess. we should be thankful we have won a couple games. Really need recruiting to pick up. at this recruiting pace it will take several classes to fill up the roster adequately

Please, just stop talking.