Author Topic: the post-trump gop  (Read 52378 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: the post-trump gop
« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2021, 11:39:13 AM »
BUDGET HAWKS ARE BACK BABY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2021, 11:44:46 AM »
It's only money!

We don't need a budget!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2021, 11:55:32 AM »
to be fair there was a big drawn out thing about the 2016 election spearheaded by dems, iirc.  that said they didn't storm the capitol so good on them for that.

I love you man, but your tenancy to both sides ever-y-thing as a reflex, is something.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2021, 12:41:11 PM »
#3 sounds so dreamy.

how do we kick out the magas who try to clog the toilet and vape up our place?

Probably tough to kick out.  Better to start with a fresh house and not allow in.  Surely we can come up with a cooler name than republican or gop anyway.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2021, 01:47:47 PM »
It's only money!

We don't need a budget!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2021, 05:04:36 PM »
to be fair there was a big drawn out thing about the 2016 election spearheaded by dems, iirc.  that said they didn't storm the capitol so good on them for that.

I love you man, but your tenancy to both sides ever-y-thing as a reflex, is something.
I'm not really both sidesing it.  I already pointed out that yesterday is far beyond the pale (for several reasons), which is already obvious.

I was just responding to this exchange:

The vast majority of BidenVoters polled after 2016 thought the election was stolen from Mega Corrupt Hillary Clinton.

Wrong.  Let's not forget even when he won, Trump was the one who claimed fraud.

A new POLITICO/Morning Consult survey showed that 25 percent of registered voters say they agree with Trump that millions of people improperly cast ballots last November. But if the election was subject to voter fraud, 35 percent say it's more likely any improper votes benefited Trump, and 30 percent say they benefited Clinton.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/poll-donald-trump-voter-fraud-234458
I recall plenty of gnashing about the 2016 election being illegitimate.  I'm just pointing out that cries of election illegitimacy aren't totally novel (regardless of their merit).

(fwiw i love you too)

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2021, 05:17:53 PM »
I'm sure a lot of people were saying a lot of things about 2016 that I was unaware of. I always thought objections were more like "Trump is unfit." 2020, on the other hand, is more like "Biden actually received fewer votes." The second is objectively false.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2021, 05:38:03 PM »
I'm sure a lot of people were saying a lot of things about 2016 that I was unaware of. I always thought objections were more like "Trump is unfit." 2020, on the other hand, is more like "Biden actually received fewer votes." The second is objectively false.

Also, I think you can recognize that Russian interference was a thing that happened and should be addressed without thinking the results would have been different or overturned as a result

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 07, 2021, 06:23:44 PM »
Also, I think you can recognize that Russian interference was a thing that happened and should be addressed without thinking the results would have been different or overturned as a result

yes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 07, 2021, 07:26:44 PM »

Exactly. Dlew, your comparison or analysis reads like both sidesing because it's the equivalent of someone comparing the safety of a kid's stuffed elephant and a loaded handgun because, as a comparison point, they both come in pink.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2021, 01:48:47 AM »
They're losing this very important guy.

https://twitter.com/w_terrence/status/1347419714105044993
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 01:52:12 AM by waks »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 08, 2021, 09:39:02 AM »

Exactly. Dlew, your comparison or analysis reads like both sidesing because it's the equivalent of someone comparing the safety of a kid's stuffed elephant and a loaded handgun because, as a comparison point, they both come in pink.
I really didn't even mean it as a comparison.  I've said a few times now that there's really no comparison. 

I just read it as Phil saying that no one criticized the 2016 election as illegitimate, which made me think parts of the last 4 years were a fever dream.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2021, 06:30:05 PM »
pretty different from the last poll on this.  some may be how the questions were worded, and some, no doubt is due to some of the consequences (5 deaths) becoming known, but i think it is probably mostly due to the condemnation by the media and by many republican electeds and conservative opinion influencers.  elite messaging matters.

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1347674222194253825
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 08, 2021, 06:57:30 PM »
this gets also gets at whether dems have an interest in guiding the republican party back to sanity.  i think they do, but if you're farther to the left of me you very well might not.

https://twitter.com/davidshor/status/1347691123922366465

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 08, 2021, 07:24:07 PM »
this gets also gets at whether dems have an interest in guiding the republican party back to sanity.  i think they do, but if you're farther to the left of me you very well might not.

As a far lefty, I'm fine with this, but there's a greater chance I win the Powerball tomorrow then I get appointed into Biden's cabinet the day after my lottery win becomes public, and I don't buy lottery tickets, than this being incorporated in national elections while any of us are above ground.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 08, 2021, 07:26:13 PM »

IMO a saner Republican party moves left so I'm all for it. Is the thought behind ranked choice is it makes it more difficult for extremists to win elections?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2021, 07:29:55 PM »
I read this and tell myself that these are the same people who are perfectly fine with the majority of the leadership in their party joining with the Dick Cheney wing of politics and proposing a continuous stream of legislation to ensure that the United States stays in a state of perpetual war across the globe.

Particularly  :lol: :lol: that this is the same contingency of millions who just 12 years ago (and beyond) were calling for W and Cheney to be tried as war criminals.   

That's how insane the American Democratic party is today.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2021, 07:33:01 PM »
Is the thought behind ranked choice is it makes it more difficult for extremists to win elections?

yeah, incentivizes candidates to appeal to the center rather than either pole.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2021, 07:33:56 PM »
The same political faction who in my lifetime and really not that long ago took to the streets and every platform possible to rail against cenorship of any kind.   Now today they openly demand censorship and deplatforming of anything and anyone that is not in complete lockstep with their insane political dogma.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2021, 07:44:54 PM »
Is the thought behind ranked choice is it makes it more difficult for extremists to win elections?

yeah, incentivizes candidates to appeal to the center rather than either pole.
Let’s do it!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2021, 11:34:40 PM »
I like it

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2021, 02:14:26 AM »
The same political faction who in my lifetime and really not that long ago took to the streets and every platform possible to rail against cenorship of any kind.   Now today they openly demand censorship and deplatforming of anything and anyone that is not in complete lockstep with their insane political dogma.
Doesn't that cover the entire history of political factions?  :D

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2021, 09:31:28 AM »
Doesn't that cover the entire history of political factions?  :D
It’s cute when Waks attempts to be funny.

Endearing

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2021, 05:47:54 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2021, 07:14:01 PM »
Jesus Christ