Author Topic: How good is Will Howard???  (Read 110822 times)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How good is Will Howard???
« Reply #475 on: November 10, 2020, 01:20:14 PM »
Freeman was also playing behind 265 pound OT’s
OL returned 4 starters!
including Matt Boss - the patient zero of fp, tc etc

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 10, 2020, 04:04:19 PM »
Saw a comment that Rubley been hating on Howard on Twitter  :Wha:

nope

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 10, 2020, 04:13:18 PM »
They will be roommates and best friends and each others biggest champion
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 10, 2020, 04:16:02 PM »
Saw a comment that Rubley been hating on Howard on Twitter  :Wha:

nope

he liked a few tweets that said things like "how soon can you get here" when people were pissed at howard. doesn't mean anything.

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 10, 2020, 06:53:43 PM »
Imagine prior recruiting classes that required a true freshman Freeman to start.. what a world.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: November 10, 2020, 08:34:27 PM »
Imagine prior recruiting classes that required a true freshman Freeman to start.. what a world.
To be fair, Evridge, Lopina, and Dyls were fairly ballyhoo’d recruits.  Lopina and Meier transferred after ‘05.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 10, 2020, 09:32:52 PM »
Man, Josh Freeman was the weak link on the 2006 offense (as far as skill position players go...honestly don't remember the state of the OL).  He threw plenty.  The offense wasn't great because Dylan was no good and neither was freshman Freeman. 

I will list out "all the dumb names" that you call "the worst supporting cast since 1988": Jordy (NFL); Figurs (NFL); James Johnson (NFL); Thomas Clayton (NFL); Jeron Mastrud (NFL); Jermaine Moreira; Rashaad Norwood.  The only "first year" guy there was Johnson, who was a juco transfer and legit very good in 2006. His quarterbacks coach was James Franklin and his offensive coordinator was also James Franklin.  Prince was a monster, obviously, but otherwise, that's a pretty ideal scenario (especially personnel wise) if you're going to turn things over to a true freshman QB.

Let's look at his splits:

Baylor [the game when Freeman took over for good] - L 17-3: 11-33 for 196 yards and 3 INTs.  He only played in the second half.

OSU [first start] - W 31-27: 10-15 for 177 yards.

Nebraska - L 21-3: 23-47 for 272 yards and 2 INTs.

Missouri - L 21-41: 5-19 for 63 yards and 2 INTs.

Iowa State - W 31-10: 14-20 for 161 yards, 1 TD (his first passing TD) and 1 INT. 

Colorado - W 34-21: 22-26 for 251 yards, 2 TD. 

Texas - W 45-42: 19-31 for 269 yards, 3 TD 1 INT. 

KU - L 39-20: 23-44 for 244 yards, 3 INTs.

Rutgers - L 37-10: 10-21, 2 INTs.

On the season, 140-270 for 1780 yards, 6 TDs, 15 INTs.  Unless we're grading him on the "well he was a freshman" curve, Freeman was not good in 2006. 

The 2006 offense was OK -- not great not horrible.

Fan listed objective statistics that shows unquestionably that the 2006 offense was the worst offense here since 1989. Without looking I would have said that both 2004 and 2005 were worse, but facts don't care about my feelings. The 04' and 05' teams were more efficient. Also outside of Jordy and Mastrud to a lesser extent, you need to stop calling those other guys NFL players, it's intellectually dishonest. Also James Franklin has been shown to be a good head football coach, I'm not sure why you're presenting him as an offensive genius, that's never been a hallmark of his teams at Vanderbilt or Penn State.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 10, 2020, 09:34:30 PM »
Freeman was also playing behind 265 pound OT’s
OL returned 4 starters!

I guess we're conflating returning with good, KU has been playing that shell game for three decades.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 11, 2020, 07:17:53 AM »
I don’t think points per play and turnovers per play are be all end all stats for an offense.  Anyway, I wonder why we had so many turnovers...probably not because of an inexperienced quarterback.

I’m not saying these “NFL” guys were all-Americans, I’m saying they were good enough to get at least a cup of coffee in the league.  K-State hasn’t had a TON of those guys at the skill positions over the years.  Having 5 on one team probably hasn’t happened very many other times.

That you called it the worst supporting cast since 1989 is crazy, and now you’re doubling down.  You can just say you were exaggerating and we can all move on.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 11, 2020, 10:23:12 AM »
Will Howard is better than bazooka joe but worse than Kody Cook at qb.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 11, 2020, 11:50:55 AM »
To be fair, Evridge, Lopina, and Dyls were fairly ballyhoo’d recruits.  Lopina and Meier transferred after ‘05.
Yeah, part of the deal for him to commit (Freeman), was for others to get prince'd. Didn't Evridge transfer that year too? He was getting rocked the previous season anyways.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 11, 2020, 12:57:15 PM »
Yeah, part of the deal for him to commit (Freeman), was for others to get prince'd. Didn't Evridge transfer that year too? He was getting rocked the previous season anyways.

Yeah, Evridge never played for Prince.

I was a big Evridge fan in 2005  :cry:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 11, 2020, 01:13:02 PM »
Meier didn't transfer. Evridge left during 06 training camp.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=2545009

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 11, 2020, 01:14:45 PM »
Evridge QB’d the worst KSU game I ever attended and went on to QB some of the worst Wisconsin games I ever watched. Very versatile at sucking crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 11, 2020, 01:18:03 PM »
lmao. Webb is QB of record.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 11, 2020, 01:21:22 PM »
Evridge QB’d the worst KSU game I ever attended and went on to QB some of the worst Wisconsin games I ever watched. Very versatile at sucking crap.

what's remarkable is I'm looking at the 2005 scores and games he QB'd and there are multiple options.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 11, 2020, 01:39:07 PM »
lmao. Webb is QB of record.

That box score  :lol:

Snodgrass was 0/2 on XP and missed a FG too

Marcus watts had 2 PR for -4 yards

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 11, 2020, 01:54:50 PM »
Will Howard is better than bazooka joe but worse than Kody Cook at qb.

Kody Cook was pretty fun vs OSU
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 11, 2020, 02:32:17 PM »
I dated a girl who was roommates with a girl hooking up with Snodgrass. I was at their place when the news officially announced Prince. Next thing I know, I hear him shout: "I'm not playing for that N(bad word)!"

Pretty big "WTF?!" moment for me. Stayed far away from that dude after that.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 03:11:41 PM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 11, 2020, 03:01:50 PM »
gah

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: November 11, 2020, 03:33:06 PM »
I don’t think points per play and turnovers per play are be all end all stats for an offense.  Anyway, I wonder why we had so many turnovers...probably not because of an inexperienced quarterback.

I’m not saying these “NFL” guys were all-Americans, I’m saying they were good enough to get at least a cup of coffee in the league.  K-State hasn’t had a TON of those guys at the skill positions over the years.  Having 5 on one team probably hasn’t happened very many other times.

That you called it the worst supporting cast since 1989 is crazy, and now you’re doubling down.  You can just say you were exaggerating and we can all move on.

Maybe those 90-92 teams were crap, I don't know. I do know those freshmen on the 90 team accomplished a hell of a lot more than the freshmen on the 06' squad. I'll hedge, that '06 team was worse offensively than any LHC Bill Snyder team after 1990 and any Chris Klieman team at K-State, including this one.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 11, 2020, 03:49:42 PM »

Maybe those 90-92 teams were crap, I don't know. I do know those freshmen on the 90 team accomplished a hell of a lot more than the freshmen on the 06' squad. I'll hedge, that '06 team was worse offensively than any LHC Bill Snyder team after 1990 and any Chris Klieman team at K-State, including this one.
Well maybe the team was worse, but I'm not pinning Freeman's freshman TD/INT ratio on Andrew Erker.  But the offense had some really good parts, including one of the best WRs K-State's ever had, and also another really good WR, and then another pretty good WR too!  Plus pretty good RBs!

Not for nothing, but that 2006 team's starting linebackers were Archer, Diles, and OG Reggie Walker.  Plus Rob Jackson and Justin Roland (who I love).  That 2006 team should have been awesome.

Without thinking too hard about it, 2015's surrounding cast was way worse than 2006.  The leading WR on that team was Deante Burton.  Charles Jones and Silmon in the backfield.

Hell, I'd say 2006 surrounding cast was better than 2008 too.  You put Junior Josh Freeman on that 2006 team and that offense is salty AF. 

« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 03:55:39 PM by DQ12 »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 12, 2020, 11:16:42 PM »
I think a lot of people, maybe even most people, would have died from the hit that Evridge took at Texas Tech. He was running straight upright and fumbled the football, but he's a survivor. A survivor who sucks crap at football.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 12, 2020, 11:18:12 PM »
I think a lot of people, maybe even most people, would have died from the hit that Evridge took at Texas Tech. He was running straight upright and fumbled the football, but he's a survivor. A survivor who sucks crap at football.

:thumbs:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 12, 2020, 11:38:06 PM »
Well said