Author Topic: Gems of the Gamethread: We Own OU  (Read 17789 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Gems of the Gamethread: We Own OU
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2020, 01:15:28 PM »
i enjoy how they think they wouldn't lay these turd of games if they played in a better conference :lol:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2020, 01:22:44 PM »

Three screwdrivers and 2 beers in. All I know is that we DO NOT want any of Arkansas State.

I want to be this guys friend

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2020, 04:44:06 PM »
i enjoy how they think they wouldn't lay these turd of games if they played in a better conference :lol:

It's my favorite. We'd win the super bowl if we were in the NFL.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2020, 06:25:39 PM »

Three screwdrivers and 2 beers in. All I know is that we DO NOT want any of Arkansas State.

I want to be this guys friend
This was probably my favorite of the gems.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2020, 06:37:21 PM »
Ty

Dlew and skinben

That was a delightful read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2020, 07:17:45 PM »
This conference consistently puts them into a playoff game they proceed to prove they don't belong in.

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2020, 10:01:51 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2020, 10:26:37 PM »
Ou people have bad hair this year.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2020, 01:24:54 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsAv7DSvfwQ

That was painful. BTW, for those who don't know, this squeaky voiced hoe, said after week one that OU should leave the Big 12 because the conference teams embarrassed them. Life comes at you fast.

Someone want to tell him Skylar's career numbers against OU?49-74, 655 yards, 1 touchdown 0 INT, 29 rushes for 103 yards and 8 touchdowns.

If you talk to OU fans, almost all of them love Nebraska and want them back, it's no surprise, they're the same damn fan base.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2020, 06:59:02 AM »
None of the gems mentioned the horrors of having to play a game that started at 11am.  At least that's one less thing they're griping about.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2020, 08:33:06 AM »
11 AM kickoffs are the absolute best slot if you aren't attending the game, so I'm sure they are fine with it this year.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2020, 09:08:42 AM »
11 AM kickoffs are the absolute best slot if you aren't attending the game, so I'm sure they are fine with it this year.

100% agree, any away game I love 11 am.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2020, 09:11:37 PM »
I feel like skinben and dlew are heading toward a ball in center field again and no one has called it.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2020, 10:22:35 PM »
oh no, I have absolutely no intention of doing that with this game. In fact I'm not even sure if TCU even has a message board.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2021, 12:41:14 AM »
Stunned this hasn't been posted yet, apparently this idiot tried to sue before the video was made public.

https://twitter.com/UnnecRoughness/status/1363848125920784384

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2021, 01:25:23 AM »
Apparently the two MMA guys are brothers. Looks like they were trying to avoid beating the crap out of them but that shove was the final straw.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2021, 08:10:46 AM »
Pro tip: If you're in a public bathroom, being all big and bad, and the two smaller guys with cauliflower ears who don't seem the least bit intimidated by you, start asking each other "which one do you want", alarm bells should be going off in your head.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2021, 08:33:18 AM »
I keep seeing reports that Jones was attempting to deescalate the situation.  Am I missing that in the video?  To me it looks like he was being a big bad football bully with the mentality of his actions not having consequences.  I assume media/OU tried to protect him.

Also, I think the MMA dudes should have consequences for not stopping after they were clearly winning the rumble.  I think that falls under the category of excessive force or something. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2021, 08:58:39 AM »
I keep seeing reports that Jones was attempting to deescalate the situation.  Am I missing that in the video?  To me it looks like he was being a big bad football bully with the mentality of his actions not having consequences.  I assume media/OU tried to protect him.

Also, I think the MMA dudes should have consequences for not stopping after they were clearly winning the rumble.  I think that falls under the category of excessive force or something.

You're hearing reports of Jones saying that he was attempting to deescalate the situation. He, the dude in the jean jacket and turtleneck, clearly instigated what happened in that video. Saying "look at me bitch" then shoving the dude, clearly isn't an attempt to deescalate. Also given the dude has a bloody nose before he proceeds to beat the crap out of Jones' buddy, I'm guessing that before the video was started either Jones or his buddy punched the MMA dude.

Also I didn't see anything in that video that constituted excessive, but I also didn't see anything that would lead me to think that Jones was in danger of losing an eye. So either he's lying about that too, or the ass beating continued after the video stopped.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2021, 09:15:01 AM »

You're hearing reports of Jones saying that he was attempting to deescalate the situation. He, the dude in the jean jacket and turtleneck, clearly instigated what happened in that video. Saying "look at me bitch" then shoving the dude, clearly isn't an attempt to deescalate. Also given the dude has a bloody nose before he proceeds to beat the crap out of Jones' buddy, I'm guessing that before the video was started either Jones or his buddy punched the MMA dude.

Also I didn't see anything in that video that constituted excessive, but I also didn't see anything that would lead me to think that Jones was in danger of losing an eye. So either he's lying about that too, or the ass beating continued after the video stopped.

i think when the guy got his head suplexed into the CMU wall it was pretty clear he was out. He didn't make any attempt to block the onslaught of punches to the face he got after that. I think the MMA dude probs could have recognized he was out before unleashing that flurry. That said, I'm not saying they didn't deserve it. Those guys are a-holes and even though they can get away with being a-holes 99% of the time, there's always that 1%...

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2021, 09:18:17 AM »
like i'm just saying after that dude's skull met that block wall...if this were a sanctioned fight that's where you would have heard a bell ring and a large gentleman wearing latex gloves would be pulling you off the unconscious guy

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2021, 09:25:06 AM »
are there bar restrooms that full all across the country? crazy

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2021, 09:28:07 AM »

A doctor had to reconstruct his orbital socket.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2021, 09:38:44 AM »
are there bar restrooms that full all across the country? crazy
ha -- not that you're wrong or don't bring up a good point, but this may be the Rusty-est post you've ever posted.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2021, 09:39:02 AM »

A doctor had to reconstruct his orbital socket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZMyGmj_aVc