Author Topic: Economics Of The Election  (Read 16330 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Economics Of The Election
« Reply #151 on: December 29, 2020, 04:49:26 PM »
ffs guys.  just give the people the money.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 29, 2020, 05:24:05 PM »

Holla at your boy.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 29, 2020, 05:50:26 PM »

No
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 29, 2020, 05:54:31 PM »
I will take the other side for $100 a senate seat for even odds.

i can get 40:60 for warnock and 35:65 for ossoff on predictit
With the fees I’m basically giving you fair value for warnock, especially if you are already maxed out on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2020, 05:58:06 PM »
What even is sec 230? Can I get a bubbles take on it? Then someone else that thinks it is bad?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 29, 2020, 06:01:08 PM »
With the fees I’m basically giving you fair value for warnock, especially if you are already maxed out on there.

i already have money in the system so just the 10% of profit applies.

i haven't placed any new money on either dem yet, but still have some money from before the general election in a couple of senate control marketplaces.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 29, 2020, 06:19:29 PM »

i already have money in the system so just the 10% of profit applies.

i haven't placed any new money on either dem yet, but still have some money from before the general election in a couple of senate control marketplaces.
K

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 29, 2020, 07:44:40 PM »
What even is sec 230? Can I get a bubbles take on it? Then someone else that thinks it is bad?

My understanding is that repealing it would allow social media sites to be sued for content users post. So sites like Facebook, Twitter, Parler, Reddit, maybe even smaller sites like goEMAW, would have to ban a whole lot of members and possibly shut down.

I think it's mostly overblown and the Dems should call the bluff.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 29, 2020, 07:50:13 PM »

My understanding is that repealing it would allow social media sites to be sued for content users post. So sites like Facebook, Twitter, Parler, Reddit, maybe even smaller sites like goEMAW, would have to ban a whole lot of members and possibly shut down.

Honestly, I wouldn't be that upset. Social media is the worst. However, think about about what those companies contribute to our economy? Would they up and leave for Europe?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2020, 07:55:28 PM »

Honestly, I wouldn't be that upset. Social media is the worst. However, think about about what those companies contribute to our economy? Would they up and leave for Europe?

It would honestly be worth it just to watch Trump realize that no website will let him post on it.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2020, 07:58:36 PM »

It would honestly be worth it just to watch Trump realize that no website will let him post on it.

I'm pretty sure Silicon Valley would vanish in an instant. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Probably bad.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2020, 08:02:06 PM »
I'm about 100% sure that the protections would be put back in place during the first week of Biden's presidency, anyway.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 29, 2020, 08:06:19 PM »
I was gonna stay away from this but Section 230 needs to be modified. It should in no way shape or form be repealed and removed.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 29, 2020, 08:21:31 PM »
I was gonna stay away from this but Section 230 needs to be modified. It should in no way shape or form be repealed and removed.

Nobody but Donald Trump actually thinks it should be removed.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2020, 08:37:57 PM »

My understanding is that repealing it would allow social media sites to be sued for content users post.
So sites like Facebook, Twitter, Parler, Reddit, maybe even smaller sites like goEMAW, would have to ban a whole lot of members and possibly shut down.

Well, crap they could just try owning ol' goEMAW.com for awhile.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2020, 08:57:24 AM »

Would prob kill youtube, bbs's, all sites that don't immediately take down comment sections, etc.  It would kill interaction with the internet that is open to public uploads.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2020, 09:06:11 AM »

Would prob kill youtube, bbs's, all sites that don't immediately take down comment sections, etc.  It would kill interaction with the internet that is open to public uploads.

Nobody actually supports doing that, though. The protections would be put back in place in a couple of weeks after Trump and the GOP are completely humiliated.

Offline turnbull

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2020, 10:00:08 AM »
K
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 10:16:21 AM by turnbull »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 30, 2020, 10:52:09 AM »

Nobody actually supports doing that, though. The protections would be put back in place in a couple of weeks after Trump and the GOP are completely humiliated.

When was the last time govt took power from citizens then gave it back?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2020, 10:59:49 AM »

When was the last time govt took power from citizens then gave it back?

I don't know. When was the last time the government took power from citizens and didn't give it back?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 30, 2020, 12:57:25 PM »
man a world effectively without social media sounds pretty sweet.  would take.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2020, 12:59:01 PM »

Wut

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2020, 01:03:26 PM »

Wut
I think it would be good if social media sites and any internet commenting outlet went away.  I think it's been bad for us.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2020, 01:06:01 PM »

Wut
I think it would be good if social media sites and any internet commenting outlet went away.  I think it's been bad for us.

What do you mean it’s been bad for us?