Author Topic: Talk crap on KSO boards here.  (Read 9054 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Talk crap on KSO boards here.
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2020, 10:17:58 AM »
@greg is @DQ12 posting football stuff there?
Their board is way more active.  There are about 7 people that talk football on this board.

Their board is also filled with maga and bigots who simply can't have a regular conversation without injecting crap everywhere. That board is a rough ridin' cesspool.
Yeah I don't really bother with those threads.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2020, 10:19:20 AM »
Their board is way more active.  There are about 7 people that talk football on this board.

Their board is also filled with maga and bigots who simply can't have a regular conversation without injecting crap everywhere. That board is a rough ridin' cesspool.
Well while those guys are over there, we have uncle dax who is really off his rocker at this point.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2020, 10:30:52 AM »
For all its boils, KSO is really the only option if you want to BBS about K-State football with more than a handful of people.  _Fan posted his gif stuff there last night, for example.  There's good things there and also really facepalmy stuff if you branch at all outside of stuff that's strictly k-state sports focused. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2020, 10:36:23 AM »

Well while those guys are over there, we have uncle dax who is really off his rocker at this point.

Not even close to the average BidenVoter Useful Idiot.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2020, 12:40:24 PM »

Which is totally fine until it inevitably infiltrates a sports thread. This isn't a new phenomenon either. I mean now is totally obvious and the subtlety is completely gone, but before player empowerment there's always been an intolerance with listening to and discussing broader ideals. It usually goes or went something like this, in a conversation about football someone might make a comment about the mental acuity of a quarterback that happens to be black. If you dare broach the possibility of bias in that observation the thread instantly devolves into posters digging their heels in and instead of discussing the topic the discussion then turns to the person raising the topic of bias.

I've been on that board since 2015, this has played out so many times and as one of very few black message board posters, in this fan base it almost always falls on my head. Does Zac Diles post anymore? I know his post volume is way down. These sports message boards are often much more hostile because it represents for a lot of people a place where they can go and talk to people who supposedly think and look like they do, without the constraints of feeling like you're in mixed company. So as someone who doesn't perfectly fit within these confines, those message boards can be very hostile and frankly exhausting. People do not talk in there the way that they would in a room of even the same people. I think for a lot of people I represent an interloper and my mere presence is threatening. BTW the rivals.com boards are much worse, honestly I think if yahoo and the general public knew what was happening on that board, there would be massive changes. Yahoo has no idea that there is open and persistent white supremacy happening on those boards.

Anyway, I left the first time because Fitz had very little interest in making that board less hostile, which is his prerogative. I went back because I knew that the presence of J Mart would clean some of that up and I was right. Since he left it got bad and since Matt Hall left the hostility on the board is at an all-time high. I've spent my last dime over there.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2020, 03:19:40 PM »

Which is totally fine until it inevitably infiltrates a sports thread. This isn't a new phenomenon either. I mean now is totally obvious and the subtlety is completely gone, but before player empowerment there's always been an intolerance with listening to and discussing broader ideals. It usually goes or went something like this, in a conversation about football someone might make a comment about the mental acuity of a quarterback that happens to be black. If you dare broach the possibility of bias in that observation the thread instantly devolves into posters digging their heels in and instead of discussing the topic the discussion then turns to the person raising the topic of bias.

I've been on that board since 2015, this has played out so many times and as one of very few black message board posters, in this fan base it almost always falls on my head. Does Zac Diles post anymore? I know his post volume is way down. These sports message boards are often much more hostile because it represents for a lot of people a place where they can go and talk to people who supposedly think and look like they do, without the constraints of feeling like you're in mixed company. So as someone who doesn't perfectly fit within these confines, those message boards can be very hostile and frankly exhausting. People do not talk in there the way that they would in a room of even the same people. I think for a lot of people I represent an interloper and my mere presence is threatening. BTW the rivals.com boards are much worse, honestly I think if yahoo and the general public knew what was happening on that board, there would be massive changes. Yahoo has no idea that there is open and persistent white supremacy happening on those boards.

Anyway, I left the first time because Fitz had very little interest in making that board less hostile, which is his prerogative. I went back because I knew that the presence of J Mart would clean some of that up and I was right. Since he left it got bad and since Matt Hall left the hostility on the board is at an all-time high. I've spent my last dime over there.
I don't blame you for leaving.  I just want active Cats football bbs'ing, and that's really the only place in town.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2020, 03:21:34 PM »
I believe I have a login there but never go. BUT I can confidently say our discussions of pillows are better here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2020, 03:53:01 PM »
People do not talk in there the way that they would in a room of even the same people.

Your KSU gameday experiences in MHK would really suck if those people talked that way as they’re sitting next to you in the stadium and the parking lot and aggieville, etc.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2020, 04:04:56 PM »
What if we all just commit to posting about football stuff again? I want dlew back. And many others.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2020, 04:26:14 PM »
What if we all just commit to posting about football stuff again? I want dlew back. And many others.
I like the way the game started.. I do not like the way it ended

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2020, 04:50:36 PM »

it's been a little better!
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2020, 07:53:38 PM »
Owner is a nubb, that stench just doesn’t come off.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2020, 07:56:04 PM »

it's been a little better!
I’m trying!

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2020, 08:14:58 PM »
Let’s all vow to post one fresh new thread over the next week and also post in 3 others! Let’s calm the waters and Snyder 2.0 this thing.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2020, 08:20:03 PM »
Let’s all vow to post one fresh new thread over the next week and also post in 3 others! Let’s calm the waters and Snyder 2.0 this thing.

That seems doable. I'm in!  :excited:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2020, 08:20:38 PM »
It’s better without the football riff raff tbh. For every dlew you get like 12 Tanoudji’s. I wonder what being an Oregon message board is like? Bet their combo fan board sucks crap. No thanks imo.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2020, 08:27:26 PM »
Guys, many peeps on here tried to warn others about the eventual doom for this board going full “pit”. Most got shunned and called MAGA durps. Not sure what we gotta do to get back to normalcy, but a 4 to 1 ratio politics to sports can’t be good for business. Chings, can you run the numbers since 2016?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2020, 08:28:58 PM »
gE.c - people before profits
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2020, 08:34:18 PM »
Guys, many peeps on here tried to warn others about the eventual doom for this board going full “pit”. Most got shunned and called MAGA durps. Not sure what we gotta do to get back to normalcy, but a 4 to 1 ratio politics to sports can’t be good for business. Chings, can you run the numbers since 2016?

The free market has spoken

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2020, 08:35:08 PM »
Look at America today. Consumers want pit, it's as simple as that.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2020, 08:36:10 PM »
No i don’t i want competent football coverage, and goEMAW could be that

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2020, 08:41:02 PM »
Have you watched the latest Netflix special? “The Social Dilemma”? I’m not a scientist, but this is how we got here overall.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2020, 08:41:57 PM »
dlew, what if you owned like (pulling a number completely out of the air) more than 10% but less than 20% of this place and you could be gifted that share on the condition that you never profit from it in any way and just do what's best for KSU and the group of people that post here? you taking that purple pill assuming the person that was offering it to you was able to get the agreement of like (random number) 6 other idiots?

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2020, 08:42:46 PM »
Have you watched the latest Netflix special? “The Social Dilemma”? I’m not a scientist, but this is how we got here overall.

I knew a lot of it but that doc gave me chills.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2020, 08:43:59 PM »

Are you being serious with this the pit killed gE stuff?