Author Topic: Talk crap on KSO boards here.  (Read 9055 times)

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Talk crap on KSO boards here.
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2020, 12:29:37 AM »
Look at America today. Consumers want pit, it's as simple as that.
Have you watched the latest Netflix special? “The Social Dilemma”? I’m not a scientist, but this is how we got here overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you being serious with this the pit killed gE stuff?
Yes. I’m ready for you to rip on me in every way, but yes. gE use to have zeal and silliness and fun. Use to troll fan bases, and bring users in to clown on. If you think people left due to sports, than good for you, but I’m just calling a spade a spade.

I'm not going to rip you, I'm just interested in the logic. You think that people came to the politics board then based on that decided that they don't want to post about basketball and football anymore? Then they decided it was better to post on a board with an even more prominent political board? Wouldn't it be easier and more logical for these people to just not read posts in the pit?

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2020, 12:40:40 AM »
Bud, you’ve literally bragged about how you don’t care about the two since the existence of this blog. It’s your thing. You’re literally the 1% of sports bloggers who act like they don’t care about the whole base of this forum. Stop.

i'd be amazed if i wasn't one of the five to ten most active posters in the bball board through the first half of its existence.

Facts sys was the boards best basketball poster before oscar, sorry Rusty. During the Frank Martin era sys, fan, kat kid, fatty, rusty, myself, and kougar were probably the most frequent basketball posters.

It was amazing that literally overnight sys went from being the best basketball poster to nearly single handedly running all the basketball posters off with fuckery and unrelenting shitty posting. Sys and trim mumped that board, made it impossible to have good conversations. 2015-2017 bruceketball certainly didn't help.

JMart, fan, and LHC Bill Snyder circa 2015-2018 killed the football board. The coaching search got the football board rocking and rolling again but it was short lived.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2020, 07:42:19 AM »
I told a lot of people (sys) to eff you yesterday. I apologize. This is a tough time for me trying to keep the lights on at this place. I’ve tried literally everything I can think of to keep this place afloat and drive traffic and I’m all out of ideas.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2020, 07:42:43 AM »
lmao none of that is true.

Hahahahahahahahaaaa

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2020, 07:57:03 AM »
IMHO the simple reasons are:

1. That the posters who generated interesting content got older and couldn't post as much.

2. Topic-based message boarding as a whole is withering away

I could blame other things, but honestly I don't think they really matter that much.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2020, 08:00:48 AM »
Crazy how my threads always blow up and become something different, guess i need to learn how to title a board properly. I shall rename this “goEMAW talks crap on itself”

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2020, 08:05:46 AM »
That’s one of the best thing about this place!

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2020, 08:06:21 AM »
Data point 1: Steve Jobs died thread is now the talk about our jobs thread. lmao

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2020, 08:09:15 AM »
this place is just a giant group text without having your phone constantly alert that you've got new texts. and that's how I like it. people will come to me sometimes and be like "let's make this place great again! get press credentials! talk about sports more again!" and I'm like, I don't want to do any of that crap and honestly I don't want more friends because I've got a lot now and I want to give each of them the attention they deserve. plus I could ban like 85% of the posters and this place would still pay for itself and give us money left over to buy domains like emaw.com after years of cut throat negotiations with this son of a bitch named Ravi.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2020, 08:12:00 AM »
this place is just a giant group text without having your phone constantly alert that you've got new texts. and that's how I like it. people will come to me sometimes and be like "let's make this place great again! get press credentials! talk about sports more again!" and I'm like, I don't want to do any of that crap and honestly I don't want more friends because I've got a lot now and I want to give each of them the attention they deserve. plus I could ban like 85% of the posters and this place would still pay for itself and give us money left over to buy domains like emaw.com after years of cut throat negotiations with this son of a bitch named Ravi.
Steve. I use tapatalk which gives me notifications which is fun and fine. Im still in mhk TBT AND I could be your press guys. Buy me a polo and ill show up to everything. Blog about all of it.

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2020, 08:17:06 AM »
Tell us who doesn’t post about sports or at all anymore that you miss and we’ll hypothetically send them a belated exit survey.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2020, 08:18:20 AM »
that's an awesome idea Greg. absolutely not.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2020, 08:20:35 AM »
Tell us who doesn’t post about sports or at all anymore that you miss and we’ll hypothetically send them a belated exit survey.
Lol you guys have the power to see who is inactive. Just clean house.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2020, 08:21:25 AM »
sad. I would wear an “emaw.com, now without the go” around town.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2020, 08:21:47 AM »
sad. I would wear an “emaw.com, now without the go” around town.

idea: do that anyway

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2020, 09:20:53 AM »
I'm honored to just be in the conversation for best hoops poster of the early '10s

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2020, 09:33:33 AM »
Not being remembered hurt me emotionally.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2020, 09:53:17 AM »
why doesn't gE.c have a merch section? great conversation pieces like "oh dang i see you were able to get that shirt before kstate sent a C&D, so jeals!"

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2020, 09:53:25 AM »
JMart, fan, and LHC Bill Snyder circa 2015-2018 killed the football board. The coaching search got the football board rocking and rolling again but it was short lived.

I’m curious why you say fan killed the football board? Is it because he took it to KSO?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2020, 10:00:16 AM »
you get hooked on the _FANalysis and then just like that BAM your dealer skips town. All that's left is a bunch of strung out junkies looking for a fix. sad, really.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2020, 10:08:26 AM »
I love the studs and duds tweets that Dlew does more than anything else on Twitter.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2020, 10:15:53 AM »
Feel like the PIT is just basically like looking at my FB feed. Basically don't look at that or discuss any of that either.
Football board-Fake season so nothing really to be excited about plus we sucked at our first game
Basketball board- Nothing left to make fun of oscar about, team will finish in middle to lower end of league, nothing to be excited about
Flyertalk: still the best part of the board but we've talked about most topics. catdude should post more he's a funny dude

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2020, 10:26:57 AM »
dlew, what if you owned like (pulling a number completely out of the air) more than 10% but less than 20% of this place and you could be gifted that share on the condition that you never profit from it in any way and just do what's best for KSU and the group of people that post here? you taking that purple pill assuming the person that was offering it to you was able to get the agreement of like (random number) 6 other idiots?
hm i could be this board's boz56?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2020, 02:35:35 PM »
a well timed look-a-like thread is what we need

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2020, 02:39:37 PM »
you guys remember when we made the university president apologize and say we really didn't wish we hadn't added WVU and that they shouldn't irl get kicked out of the conference?

or when the arkansas team had their local news guys talking about how we mocked them so bad for being small timey?

or when we won MHK a grant for green energy over Lawrence by changing over a billion bulbs to more eco friendly ones?

that stuff only happens one place. right here. and it makes me millions of dollars so that's a bonus.