Author Topic: Dry Jan  (Read 3793 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Dry Jan
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2024, 11:38:13 AM »
Biggest lesson so far, keeping it to the weekends is the key after all this done.
Same.. and still going. Almost bought some NA's for the Chiefs game but just decided against it. Think we've all discussed the sleep but OMG the sleep is so much better

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2024, 12:13:01 PM »
Biggest lesson so far, keeping it to the weekends is the key after all this done.
Same.. and still going. Almost bought some NA's for the Chiefs game but just decided against it. Think we've all discussed the sleep but OMG the sleep is so much better

Yes, overall sleep has been much, much better. and to piggyback the weekend thing, if I do choose a night, I think Saturday is the ideal just to allow the body to reset from the week on that Friday night, and then Sunday night obv sleep to go into the week.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2024, 12:53:41 PM »
mrs meow brought home some na ipas (not by my request).  she said she had a good sam adam's one at a restaurant with her mom so she found some others at the store, but said these sucked.  tried it, it had a weird aftertaste, but maybe just specific to this particular one.  anyway, will be interesting to see what happens once february rolls around, do i go back to do whatever, have some drinks just on the weeks, just a couple beers?  we'll see!

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2024, 01:47:46 PM »
mrs meow brought home some na ipas (not by my request).  she said she had a good sam adam's one at a restaurant with her mom so she found some others at the store, but said these sucked.  tried it, it had a weird aftertaste, but maybe just specific to this particular one.  anyway, will be interesting to see what happens once february rolls around, do i go back to do whatever, have some drinks just on the weeks, just a couple beers?  we'll see!

I really liked the Athletic IPAs, those are pretty good (assuming it wasn't those). The Boulevard flying starts are ok, but not great.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2024, 02:55:32 PM »
Haven't had an NA as good as athletic hazy. Heineken 0 tastes the same as reg Heineken imo

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2024, 04:00:58 PM »
My circumstantial dry jan ends in an hour. Looking forward to it!

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2024, 11:49:38 PM »

I really liked the Athletic IPAs, those are pretty good (assuming it wasn't those). The Boulevard flying starts are ok, but not great.
Athletic Brewing has a few different craft non-alcs that are solid. Corona and Guinness each have a decent NA. It's definitely a growing category. The days of Odouls are in the past.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2024, 09:47:00 AM »
so dry jan ended this weekend.  it was mrs meow's birthday saturday, so saturday was always the end date instead of feb 1.  we went to a brewery for a beer, we both had one.  then went out for dinner and she had a glass of wine, i didn't have anything.  yesterday we both had one beer during the chiefs game.  chiefs win, big excitement, celebratory beer?  no.  i don't know, i think part of it has to do with being a little under the weather, but thinking maybe some of the appeal of drinking may have changed on this journey of dry jan.  turn 40 soon, so maybe a big party or the super bowl with a bunch of people changes that, but i don't know.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2024, 10:36:21 AM »
Yeah ended with a couple celebratory beers for the Chiefs win. Else still planning to "make it up" and not have anything til the weekend. 28 days was a good run, and really ok with starting up another like 6 (or more, who knows how I'll feel about it this weekend) day run will be nice. In general was happy to be able to be like "yeah no more" even after having a couple and feeling like that was the right thing was good.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2024, 11:14:50 AM »
It's been enjoyable. Sober living has its perks. There have been a couple of instances where a drink with dinner or during a poker game would have been nice, and will be nice in the future.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2024, 06:34:25 PM »
I'm still going strong. I think the biggest takeaway moving forward is I will probably drink way less at restaurants. I was often downing a couple drinks at every restaurant meal and I definitely don't miss that most times.

Take your former drink money and stash it in an envelope and after a year you will be able to finally buy an iPhone!
Ugh, I wish he rough ridin' would already

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2024, 06:38:12 PM »
Congrats to all you bros! Absolutely nothing wrong with drinking, unless you drink like I used to, and if you do then just try to minimize the risk and if you get to a point where it isn’t worth it anymore then seek help.  crap, I’d drink if I could.  go cats

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2024, 08:07:41 PM »
Dry Jan was a bloodbath

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2024, 10:15:33 PM »
I may have a celebratory cocktail at midnight
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2024, 12:53:06 AM »
I technically didn't start until Jan. 2nd so I'm going for one more day.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2024, 10:52:33 AM »
I had three dry nights in Vegas for work but ended it on night 4 (Monday) at a dumb steakhouse

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2024, 11:40:04 AM »
Enjoyed a Sam A B Lager last night about 12:08 am.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2024, 03:45:32 PM »
I made it but I don't think I've had any booze since July. I used to do weed free June but I don't think I will this year.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2024, 04:38:11 PM »
Made it!   :excited:  Three years in a row now.

Here's my dilemma, now that it's February and I am allowed to imbibe with impunity, I am not certain that I really want to...but do I break the seal tonight anyway just so I don't get into this stupid competition with myself or do I just see how long I can go for?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2024, 04:40:28 PM »
@Trim need a ruling here
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2024, 09:37:47 PM »
@Trim need a ruling here

You’ve made the point.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2024, 12:17:43 AM »
Guys, I got a buzz. It's been awhile.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2024, 07:51:33 AM »
had 3 beers this weekend.  maybe i'm just over this  :surprised: