Author Topic: Woke World . . .  (Read 17020 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Woke World . . .
« Reply #200 on: August 28, 2022, 10:23:05 AM »

https://twitter.com/satanistrep/status/1563123751012933633?s=21&t=CWcC7Efm99V5sQ1aVC_Rhg

LOL that is a wild take even with the second video that supposedly added context

There's crazy people all over the internet

I'll admit I learned about #blackmenfrolicking because of her craziness.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 28, 2022, 05:41:34 PM »
you and i both know it's possible to be offended by drew barrymore posting herself enjoying the rain without posting that disapproval on tiktok, so why...
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 28, 2022, 05:47:32 PM »
you and i both know it's possible to be offended by drew barrymore posting herself enjoying the rain without posting that disapproval on tiktok, so why...

clout
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 28, 2022, 05:54:27 PM »
you and i both know it's possible to be offended by drew barrymore posting herself enjoying the rain

I'm guessing the same mindset that would lead one to be offended would be the same mindset that would lead one to post your offense.

Real being real, I don't see much difference from this woman being offended by Drew playing in the rain than those who don't have the ability to simply ignore someone seemingly crazy and extreme. Libs of TikTok, whomever posted this tweet that stole it from them, and wacky are all trying to pull some greater meaning of this woman going off the deep end. Just like she tried to pull some greater meaning from some woman playing in the rain.

BTW, she must have had some level of awareness of her crazy, she apparently deleted her entire TikTok account less than 24 hours after posting that video. People who want you to think many black people think like that continue to spread it all over the internet. I wonder why?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 28, 2022, 06:00:14 PM »
I'm guessing the same mindset that would lead one to be offended would be the same mindset that would lead one to post your offense.

to be clear, i posted mockery, not offense.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 28, 2022, 06:31:24 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 28, 2022, 06:36:05 PM »
you and i both know it's possible to be offended by drew barrymore posting herself enjoying the rain

Real being real, I don't see much difference from this woman being offended by Drew playing in the rain than those who don't have the ability to simply ignore someone seemingly crazy and extreme. Libs of TikTok, whomever posted this tweet that stole it from them, and wacky are all trying to pull some greater meaning of this woman going off the deep end. Just like she tried to pull some greater meaning from some woman playing in the rain.

BTW, she must have had some level of awareness of her crazy, she apparently deleted her entire TikTok account less than 24 hours after posting that video. People who want you to think many black people think like that continue to spread it all over the internet. I wonder why?

Is it ok to think hers was a stupid take without even considering her level of melanin?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 28, 2022, 06:55:06 PM »

Is it ok to think hers was a stupid take without even considering her level of melanin?

Help me understand what you're asking? I already said she's crazy. Should you be asking the people who keep reposting about her melanin and not me?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 28, 2022, 07:11:10 PM »

Help me understand what you're asking? I already said she's crazy. Should you be asking the people who keep reposting about her melanin and not me?

Maybe you can help me understand, because I was confused by "People who want you to think many black people think like that." That thought never occurred to me. Granted, I only just now encountered this video and didn't read any replies. Is there something I'm missing regarding the race angle?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 28, 2022, 08:26:46 PM »
1. Black men start doing a #frolicking challenge posting vids of themselves dancing in the rain, which later became a trend, primarily among black male social media posters

2. Drew Barrymore posts a similar video on social media.

3. The other woman (name, handle?), posts a tiktok pointing out black men started the trend, claiming that the white Barrymore's post opened the floodgates for black men to be disrespected

4. My guess is this disrespect would be the trend gaining universal popularity and being done by folks of all races, creeds, genders, etc. aka respecting the black social media posters would be for non-black males, especially non-blacks from jumping on the trend.

5. the woman in question, assumes authority and attempts to set the parameters of what "others" should or should-not do in regard to the trend. aka let the black men have this.

6. libsoftiktok shines a bright light on the whole thing, attempting to make the woman look stupid. it works.

7. the woman doubles down

8. she is widely mocked and ratioed again

9. she deletes her account

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2022, 08:46:14 PM »
1. Black men start doing a #frolicking challenge posting vids of themselves dancing in the rain, which later became a trend, primarily among black male social media posters

3. The other woman (name, handle?), posts a tiktok pointing out black men started the trend, claiming that the white Barrymore's post opened the floodgates for black men to be disrespected

4. My guess is this disrespect would be the trend gaining universal popularity and being done by folks of all races, creeds, genders, etc. aka respecting the black social media posters would be for non-black males, especially non-blacks from jumping on the trend.

5. the woman in question, assumes authority and attempts to set the parameters of what "others" should or should-not do in regard to the trend. aka let the black men have this.

6. libsoftiktok shines a bright light on the whole thing, attempting to make the woman look stupid. it works.

Meanwhile, I knew absolutely nothing about any of this. I'm not sure if I should be proud of ashamed of that fact. Thanks for educating me. (How did you know all this?)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 28, 2022, 08:51:43 PM »

Meanwhile, I knew absolutely nothing about any of this. I'm not sure if I should be proud of ashamed of that fact. Thanks for educating me. (How did you know all this?)

I just looked it up, watched the posts, read a couple of articles, and posted it. Obviously made a few of
my own deductions, which I believe are reasonable.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 28, 2022, 09:04:29 PM »

Maybe you can help me understand, because I was confused by "People who want you to think many black people think like that." That thought never occurred to me. Granted, I only just now encountered this video and didn't read any replies. Is there something I'm missing regarding the race angle?

It's a bit of a stretch but both libsoftiktok and this account posted something to the effect of "I guess frolicking in the rain is racist now" instead of "this lady is wild", implying that there are a lot of (black) people who share that view.

Also TikTok does have a bit of an issue with white people capitalizing off of trends black people created but I'm pretty sure most people would think Drew dancing in the rain is a huge stretch even if it is kind of cringe and annoying.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 09:09:29 PM by michigancat »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 28, 2022, 09:20:11 PM »

It's a bit of a stretch but both libsoftiktok and this account posted something to the effect of "I guess frolicking in the rain is racist now" instead of "this lady is wild", implying that there are a lot of (black) people who share that view.

Also TikTok does have a bit of an issue with white people capitalizing off of trends black people created but I'm pretty sure most people would think Drew dancing in the rain is a huge stretch even if it is kind of cringe and annoying.

Thanks for the background. I will gladly sit this battle out. Social media is dumb (except gE).

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 28, 2022, 09:28:06 PM »
Also I've never looked at libsoftiktok beyond what wacky has started but they really suck and are extremely misleading about crap. Like here they have convinced their mob that schools are hiding information about a kids' gender from the kids' parents. When nothing in their supporting images implies this at all, or even implies their intentionally vague assertion.

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1563201856779722752

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 28, 2022, 09:44:12 PM »

Thanks for the background. I will gladly sit this battle out. Social media is dumb (except gE).

I am glad I mostly stay off, I also knew none of this and it's just a rabbit hole I avoid as much as I can.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 28, 2022, 10:35:45 PM »

What I'm saying is that most of the people continuing to share that video on social media are doing so with the intent of making a point of other people, other than the woman who probably needs some time off the computer and more time bonding with people in the flesh.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 28, 2022, 11:02:33 PM »
People really don’t appreciate summer enough.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 29, 2022, 09:34:33 AM »
What I'm saying is that most of the people continuing to share that video on social media are doing so with the intent of making a point of other people, other than the woman who probably needs some time off the computer and more time bonding with people in the flesh.
This is probably the main reason I think social media is kind of bad for us, in general. 

Fringe people are made representative of broader groups (or at least mascots), which makes everyone think that the world is crazier than it really is.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 29, 2022, 10:20:09 AM »

Good luck with that

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 29, 2022, 10:02:40 PM »

Good luck with that

Dax almost made it through a conversation about a black woman without adding his two cents. You weren't the first to comment though, by calling her some name, progress?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 29, 2022, 10:33:25 PM »

Good luck with that

Dax almost made it through a conversation about a black woman without adding his two cents. You weren't the first to comment though, by calling her some name, progress?

It's a tsunami of derp from you these days (on top of the absolutely prolific levels of insufferable mansplaining). 

Saying a White House spokesperson can't interpret her mumbling old ass boss is not an insult.

Calling Susan "A YouTube Video Killed our Ambassador" Rice a liar is really kind of insult to liars. 

Weird how you want all the power for "your people" (again, your words, not mine) and yet you lose your crap when they are rightfully criticized.

MIR-No progress (as expected)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 26, 2022, 12:51:02 PM »