Author Topic: the stupidity of ksu  (Read 6662 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: the stupidity of ksu
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2020, 12:55:49 AM »
It's not going to end up mattering because there is no way games are being played in September.
do u think the risk of a kid dying is too high? or just people won't tolerate a few kids being quarantined every week or concerned it will be transferred to coaches/teachers?

lmao

So it's to risky for coaches/teachers, but fine for the team?  :sdeek:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2020, 10:32:37 AM »
It's not going to end up mattering because there is no way games are being played in September.
do u think the risk of a kid dying is too high? or just people won't tolerate a few kids being quarantined every week or concerned it will be transferred to coaches/teachers?

I don't think athletes are at high risk to die. There are plenty of them that would go through a rough illness with possible long-term consequences to lung health, though. Also tons of college football fans would die, along with some coaches and professors.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2020, 10:59:32 AM »

I don't think athletes are at high risk to die. There are plenty of them that would go through a rough illness with possible long-term consequences to lung health, though. Also tons of college football fans would die, along with some coaches and professors.
why would a lot of fans die? im assuming limited or no fans will be allowed in the stadiums.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2020, 11:54:22 AM »

why would a lot of fans die? im assuming limited or no fans will be allowed in the stadiums.

Limited fans would still crowd sizes between 20,000 and 50,000. I don't think most athletic departments would really want to or even be able to afford to have a football season without fans, either. Moving the games to the spring and hoping a vaccine is available by then would be a much better option.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2020, 12:36:44 PM »

well you can be assured they will  look at every scenario and potential financial impacts. if they think spring is best then spring is best. but i dont think they think that it is right now. you basically pushing off everything again hoping for something to change. maybe it will but i dont think we have a vaccine by next winter and unless people get really good at wearing masks the infections will continue as a slow burn

Limited fans would still crowd sizes between 20,000 and 50,000. I don't think most athletic departments would really want to or even be able to afford to have a football season without fans, either. Moving the games to the spring and hoping a vaccine is available by then would be a much better option.