Author Topic: the stupidity of ksu  (Read 6661 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: the stupidity of ksu
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2020, 08:17:08 PM »
honestly looks like they're doing pretty good other than gene threatening to take scholarships

The only ones who are required to stay are the 14 who have tested positive, Taylor said. Many of the infected were already living together in houses or apartments, so they can stay put. Several who live with players who did not test positive have moved into dorms by themselves.

Taylor said that workers in protective gear are delivering two meals per day, along with groceries, to the infected players.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/25/sports/ncaafootball/college-football-coronavirus-cases.html

He provided clarity on the scholarship thing on the air with John Kurtz earlier in the week. He said that if a player repeatedly violated what is asked of the athletes and they become a danger to others they would be subjected to discipline, up to a loss of scholarship.
Yeah still kinda sloppy of him

How so? I thought his words should have been even stronger. These students will naturally act recklessly, there needs to be a line drawn, otherwise they'll just keep acting like 18-22 year olds, which isn't great when you're trying to contain a pandemic.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2020, 09:07:23 PM »
honestly looks like they're doing pretty good other than gene threatening to take scholarships

The only ones who are required to stay are the 14 who have tested positive, Taylor said. Many of the infected were already living together in houses or apartments, so they can stay put. Several who live with players who did not test positive have moved into dorms by themselves.

Taylor said that workers in protective gear are delivering two meals per day, along with groceries, to the infected players.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/25/sports/ncaafootball/college-football-coronavirus-cases.html

He provided clarity on the scholarship thing on the air with John Kurtz earlier in the week. He said that if a player repeatedly violated what is asked of the athletes and they become a danger to others they would be subjected to discipline, up to a loss of scholarship.
Yeah still kinda sloppy of him

How so? I thought his words should have been even stronger. These students will naturally act recklessly, there needs to be a line drawn, otherwise they'll just keep acting like 18-22 year olds, which isn't great when you're trying to contain a pandemic.

IMO it's probably something the coach should be communicating. I don't feel too strongly one way or the other and I see where you're coming from so I'm not gonna belabor it. I mean overall I think he's handling it OK

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2020, 10:26:35 PM »
Well it's cRusty approved, so, all good everybody!!

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2020, 01:59:12 AM »
18 - 22 year olds whose prefrontal cortex is not yet formed are supposed to pretend they have one?

Kinda like JaySquarkers who never have one.
People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2020, 06:00:09 AM »
Kids gonna be kids  :cyclist:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2020, 05:53:58 PM »
It may not be excusable for these players to act like college kids, but it's certainly UNDERSTANDABLE.   My 18 - 22 year old decisions at dear old KSU were sketchy at best.

Gene pulling scholarships kinda sounds like an employer firing employees, doesn't it? :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2020, 07:04:08 PM »
It may not be excusable for these players to act like college kids, but it's certainly UNDERSTANDABLE.   My 18 - 22 year old decisions at dear old KSU were sketchy at best.

Gene pulling scholarships kinda sounds like an employer firing employees, doesn't it? :dunno:

So is there no standard at all in which a scholarship should get pulled, because student-athletes don't get a salary? Leon Patton should have stated on scholarship?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2020, 08:36:33 PM »

So is there no standard at all in which a scholarship should get pulled, because student-athletes don't get a salary? Leon Patton should have stated on scholarship?

I agree with pulling Leon’s. I’m just not sure legal behavior rises to the level of scholarship pulling.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2020, 09:36:25 PM »

I agree with pulling Leon’s. I’m just not sure legal behavior rises to the level of scholarship pulling.
So like they can be super racist and that’s cool?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2020, 09:55:56 PM »

why is this the way we argue anymore? a college kid going out and hooking up with someone else and then catching covid is not the same as shaking a baby

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2020, 11:52:16 PM »

why is this the way we argue anymore? a college kid going out and hooking up with someone else and then catching covid is not the same as shaking a baby

Never said it was and neither did gene. It was an absurd device, just like thinking that the man said that getting COVID will be grounds for losing your scholarship. If you continually are putting your teammates in danger by exhibiting risky behavior, you should lose your scholarship. There are roughly a billion legal things you can do to lose a scholarship and no one would bat an eye, I would think intentionally passing a deadly disease would go to the top of that list.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2020, 12:36:21 PM »
Personally I think anything that shows reckless disregard for the well-being of someone’s teammates should be grounds for pulling their scholarship. Not passing judgment whether that happened here, but makes total sense as a standard to me.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2020, 08:45:14 AM »

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2020, 01:16:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/HenryBushnell/status/1278320513073516545?s=19

We're gonna have such a great advantage!
yeah idk. we're currently the only P5 program i know of that isn't working out. all other programs had positives and found a way to keep getting better but we chose to close the program for a month. not sure if that is an advantage or not

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2020, 01:24:12 PM »
OU didn't start until yesterday

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2020, 04:32:49 PM »
i know. so ksu is the only p5 program not working out

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2020, 06:38:45 PM »
That has more to do with the boycott than the Coronavirus

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2020, 07:06:22 PM »
That has more to do with the boycott than the Coronavirus

That isn't true. We shutdown workouts before the jaden thing. Also Lincoln told everyone who would listen that he wouldn't start workouts in June.

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2020, 09:41:21 PM »
i know. so ksu is the only p5 program not working out
OU just showed up and already has 14 confirmed cases
KU made the better hire....Miles is a sure fire grantee

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2020, 12:05:14 AM »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2020, 02:48:24 AM »
Respond below if you thought there would be 0 Rona infections in K-State athletics

Well, we were told that our infections were going to 0  :dunno:

By who?
Dax’s dear leader

Keep this crap in the pit brah.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2020, 09:15:19 AM »
Ohio State following Kansas State's lead

https://twitter.com/darreldrowland/status/1281006275313139715
the vast majority of programs did not stop voluntary workouts because of double digit positive tests. and OSU reportedly is only stopping for 7 days not 3 weeks. KSU basically missed their entire summer conditioning program. they took 2 weeks off now will have to spend another week quarantining in manhattan and awaiting test results again. they are one of a very few.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2020, 09:24:22 AM »
It's not going to end up mattering because there is no way games are being played in September.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2020, 10:02:15 PM »
It's not going to end up mattering because there is no way games are being played in September.
do u think the risk of a kid dying is too high? or just people won't tolerate a few kids being quarantined every week or concerned it will be transferred to coaches/teachers?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2020, 10:20:48 PM »
do u think the risk of a kid dying is too high? or just people won't tolerate a few kids being quarantined every week or concerned it will be transferred to coaches/teachers?

lmao